+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

jefferson12

Apr 5, 2020
TO ALL THOSE WHO CAN TRAVEL BUT ARE NOT WANTING TO, FOR SAFETY REASONS:

Hey,

I’ve been reading this forum for a while now and it’s really helping me keep calm in this situation.

I’m from India and my COPR is expiring on April 30, so like many here, I’m relying on an extension.

Anyway, I found something that I felt should be posted here.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Under the section Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV) you will find the following written:
  • Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days.

As per my understanding, this implies IRCC is instructing its officers to re-open applications of even those who are unwilling to travel due to safety concerns. But please don’t take any decision based on this post, just use it for informational purposes.

This was updated on April 22. Not sure if anyone found this already (sorry for the duplicate post in that case).

Hope this is of help to relevant people and thanks again to everyone for sharing their experiences here.
Wow! Thank you buddy! That’s amazing! They can’t be clearer than that! We’re safe!!
They said UNWILLING to travel!

Reactions: aurelero

Raghuveer

Apr 4, 2020

Hey,

I’ve been reading this forum for a while now and it’s really helping me keep calm in this situation.

I’m from India and my COPR is expiring on April 30, so like many here, I’m relying on an extension.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Under the section Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV) you will find the following written:
  • Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days.

As per my understanding, this implies IRCC is instructing its officers to re-open applications of even those who are unwilling to travel due to safety concerns. But please don’t take any decision based on this post, just use it for informational purposes.

This was updated on April 22. Not sure if anyone found this already (sorry for the duplicate post in that case).

Hope this is of help to relevant people and thanks again to everyone for sharing their experiences here.
Thanks for sharing this. A big relief!....changes have been made to below webpage today and it is clear that everyone will get extension...we need to tell them about our willingness to travel through webform..and then they will let us know what to do

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

Irene8888

Apr 15, 2020
Hi,

I am in the same situation as you. I sent my PP to Ottawa for PR stamping on March 12. They have received my PP but no news after that. No updates and no return tracking activated. Do you have any news?

In the same boat with you, they have received my passport on March 16.
We have group in whatsapp with facing the same problem (US based). If you want to join, DM to me
I will send the link

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016

Hey,

The post has been there since few weeks....looks like they updated on April 22nd and added "unwilling"....it was "unable" only before.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Thanks for sharing this. A big relief!....changes have been made to below webpage today and it is clear that everyone will get extension...we need to tell them about our willingness to travel through webform..and then they will let us know what to do

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence
That does seem to be a recent update.
I am trying to call the IRCC helpline to see if they will confirm (unlikely I guess :( )

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Guys in India I have heard from some where that International flight may not start before September.Please do not panic or believe this news 100 percent but I have heard it from an high official that's why warning you.We must not book flights unless govt declares that restrictions are lifted from int flights, even if the flights take the bookings as it might lead to our more money being stuck.Some one told me Air India is taking bookings from 1 july but I will not book unless govt declares so even If I get my visa extended.