+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

kathdd1

Jan 3, 2020
Hi everyone,

Can someone please suggest us a good medical insurance we can take for the initial 3 months on landing in Canada until we get our health card.
We are residing in UAE and would appreciate your help.

SVW_87

May 22, 2019
Anyone had any luck with either SIN number or PR card for those who have landed recently?
I still have received/heard nothing since landing on the 26th of March.

I have a job lined up but need a SIN number which is incredibly frustrating.
Hi SCOTCAD ,

I have not landed and not sure what the situation is over there but found this weblink which lists the open/closed Service Canada outlets. This might be helpful - not sure if they have different contact numbers for each location so that you can call and check

https://www.ontario.ca/page/serviceontario-centre-closures#section-4

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
My consultant told there us very less staff in ircc offices .There are ppl who had sent their passports fot stamping but have not got even after 2 months .I think being an inland applicant you should not worry at all as they have cancelled all appointments so they will contact you.You are in no way going to lose copr .Its a tension for us who have not reached Canada.God knows when we will be able to land in the beautiful country!!BTW whats job scenario there now a days.Sp for new immigrants.Do you have any idea?Thanks
Jobs in IT services are heavily impacted. However, for sustenance one could prefer odd jobs in Wallmart or similar outlets. I would recommended people to make use of this waiting period in upgrading their skills by getting online certifications. It would be helpful in job search when situation goes to normal.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
We are all hoping that IRCC will be clearer about our CoPR extensions right? They will not give us more details because EVERYTHING is written on the website. They were very clear saying that if you can't travel, tell us why you can't, and then when you can, tell us as well. They did not say “if you cannot travel to Canada tell us why and we will see if we will give you a visa extension” It is very clear that if you cannot travel, simply tell them why. It could be several reasons (related to the Covid-19 of course) Fear of contracting the virus, difficulty stabilizing in Canada, lack of flights, canceled flights ... Of course if you can go to Canada, just go! and of course they will say you this. But as they said on the website “if you can’t travel, tell us why) and that’s it! Just tell them why. We are all afraid of losing our visa. But I really believe that EVERYONE on this boat will receive an extension.

My CoPR expires on May 29th.

Stay positive, folks.
Thanks for positive words. Actually people (including me) are fighting with uncertainty about this virus situation. Things are still evolving due to which newer restrictions are coming into picture. Hope all of this settle down soon. I believe people with their PR applications in progress are less worried than people with CoPR.

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Good.It was expected.I wonder why my file has not been opened till now ! Its just simply ...turn has not come... or some other reason .
Please check with consultant regarding your login credentials and try checking yourself if you can. Possibilities are very high that your file may be opened since your expiry is close to a month

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
U had filed urself or thru any agent?Was ur email id linked with ur application?
The ircc agent told that my consultant's email id is linked with my application and if I want to receive the emails directly I will have to fill another web form for changing the email id.She has mailed me link too.What should I do?I think I should change the email id. Any suggestions pls?
I did the entire process myself and used only one email id throughout the process. Problem is you need your login credentials to view status of application. Sometimes, email from IRCC says "your EE profile is updated" . You will have to actually login with GC key and password to see updates in most cases. Try getting that from your consultant, then write a webform to change the email address

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Hi all, another quick update:

CERB:

I have spoken with multiple agents who has confirmed I am eligible to apply for the CERB benefit due to my circumstances. I have a job lined up in Canada that I cannot start due to Covid-19, and my new employer are happy to write a letter confirming this that I am unable to earn due to this. The requirements are that you must have earned $5,000 in the last year, this includes income earned outside Canada. I did not realise this meaning my previous employment income qualifies me. The scheme is designed to help those who cannot work due to Covid-19 and had earned over this threshold within the previous year. This means you can receive $2,000 per month.

Please note I have called the CERB helpline on three occasions to check with different agents who all confirmed I would be eligible.

Of course, this whole thing still hinges on me getting a SIN number, which I have still not received....

RKM20

Apr 23, 2020
TO ALL THOSE WHO CAN TRAVEL BUT ARE NOT WANTING TO, FOR SAFETY REASONS:

Hey,

I’ve been reading this forum for a while now and it’s really helping me keep calm in this situation.

I’m from India and my COPR is expiring on April 30, so like many here, I’m relying on an extension.

Anyway, I found something that I felt should be posted here.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Under the section Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV) you will find the following written:
  • Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days.

As per my understanding, this implies IRCC is instructing its officers to re-open applications of even those who are unwilling to travel due to safety concerns. But please don’t take any decision based on this post, just use it for informational purposes.

This was updated on April 22. Not sure if anyone found this already (sorry for the duplicate post in that case).

Hope this is of help to relevant people and thanks again to everyone for sharing their experiences here.

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone,

Can someone please suggest us a good medical insurance we can take for the initial 3 months on landing in Canada until we get our health card.
We are residing in UAE and would appreciate your help.
Hi, I'm not too sure about the first part of your question about medical insurance. But, I am also a resident of UAE and am desperately waiting for flights to resume. Do you have any update? My original flight was on 21st March but I had to cancel it due to the initial border closure announcement by Canada on 16th March. I've heard some conflicting reports about Emirates Airlines starting its flights from May while some say July.

RkG666

Apr 17, 2020
Hi All

I have sent Passport for PR stamping to Ottawa.
March 17th...appl got approved
Since then no update. Wooried about my Passport.
Do we get update from IRCC if return is activated please can anyone tell

Thanks
Hi,

I am in the same situation as you. I sent my PP to Ottawa for PR stamping on March 12. They have received my PP but no news after that. No updates and no return tracking activated. Do you have any news?