+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Dia89

Mar 16, 2020
Yesterday, Minister of Civil Aviation of India posted that "Flights will start only after coronavirus is under control". This is so unfair. :(

Reactions: smithplato

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Hello all. We are planning to fly, do landing and return back in 30 days to our home country. Will the return ticket be an issue when facing the immigration during landing? We can complete the 14 day self isolation before returning, since the return ticket is after 30 days from landing.
Anyone?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Book tickets after you land as per situation at that time. This virus thing is uncertain and nobody is sure about anything as spread of this virus depends upon behavior of common people around the world and not the behaviour of government. So decide according to situation in my opinion.

Dia89

Mar 16, 2020
How is it unfair, it is the only logical decision.
Are you from India? I understand that the situation is difficult for all the CoPR holders right now, but atleast some people from other countries are able to complete their 1st landing procedures. It might be logical for you but for a person like me who has left job, left the rented apartment and was eagerly waiting to leave for Canada, being able to fly after 14th was a Hope. Being in the lockdown I dont have a job, I am literally using my saved funds and now a considerable amount of my money is stuck with Airlines. It is Unfair for people like me. It has been vaguely said that flights will not resume until corona is completely under control and you very well know it might take months.
I hope now you understand how it is Unfair.

Reactions: hinavin

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Yesterday, Minister of Civil Aviation of India posted that "Flights will start only after coronavirus is under control". This is so unfair. :(
It was expected.I don't think India will start its before june, provided situation is under control.And immediately after opening prices would be rocketing.

Stitha1234

May 2, 2019
I know it's tough , if it's any consolation, so many people are in your situation right now, my flight was for 26th of March, family of 5, we had said our goodbyes, sold our cars, packed our bags, Nigeria closed it's airspace on the 23rd of March. It was like a thunder bolt hit us. Copr expires in may. After 2 weeks of depression, I have decided to have a positive outlook, for the following reasons.

1. Ircc and the Canadian Government are not callous and unreasonable, and they most likely than not are working on a resolution on the matter , because they understand it affects lives of people who have decided to make Canada home

2. This has never happened before, hence ircc would take it's time to give a definite response to these issues, I'm sure they too were quite confused initially,

3. The Government of Canada relies on immigration as one of its tools for economic growth, hence there's no need to punish people who already finished the process but got stuck out of no fault of theirs. I am sure by the grace of God, an favorable decision will be reached soon.

This is me being positive, I urge everyone here to adopt positivity too in this trying times, eventually, everything will be fine. By the grace of God

Yes, that's a great attitude to be postive in this unprecedented, depressing times. Worst economic recession after Great depression is looming ahead of us. World won't be same hereafter. There is so much anxiety but we have to be strong and positive, whatever it takes. The current situation can't be worse preworld war 2. I was anxious for a month now but I've calmed down. This is important to be calm.

As you mentioned, only God can help us. Only he can invent vaccines which will target the ACE-2 receptor of Sars Cov-2 , only God can make sure that double random clinical trails for medicnies are done faster, only God can solve impending economy problems and joblessness. Ofcourse, he didn;t create the virus in the first place. It was somebody else.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Are you from India? I understand that the situation is difficult for all the CoPR holders right now, but atleast some people from other countries are able to complete their 1st landing procedures. It might be logical for you but for a person like me who has left job, left the rented apartment and was eagerly waiting to leave for Canada, being able to fly after 14th was a Hope. Being in the lockdown I dont have a job, I am literally using my saved funds and now a considerable amount of my money is stuck with Airlines. It is Unfair for people like me. It has been vaguely said that flights will not resume until corona is completely under control and you very well know it might take months.
Many of us are in the same boat. I previously booked to travel on April 15, then changed to May 20 and now I'm considering June because current situation doesn't look good. I'm hearing from other newly landed immigrants are struggling to even find survival jobs. If you're on your own then your savings will dry up even faster.

My advise will be it is better to stay in your home country for few more weeks instead of going through hardship in a new country. Try to get help from family/relatives. I'm living with my parents so I'm grateful I've got a roof to sleep under.

Also, don't try to get a refund from airlines because that usually take a long process instead ask them to put you on a different date. Some airlines offer vouchers which turns out to be better than the actual price you paid.

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
You can now apply for a SIN number online, however this requests proof of address, which I don't have. I've put in an application anyway with all the documents I had and hopefully they process this as they would as a new immigrant landing at the airport.

smpbcpr

Feb 7, 2020
I empathize with all members who have made all plans to settle in Canada and are stuck in a limbo due to COVID19. This is a very unprecedented crisis that the whole world is going through. The crumbling economy worldwide will take sometime to recover and for all things to get back to normal.

It would be a very big decision to make, but evaluate options of staying back in the home country for some additional time (weeks or months), if possible. Settling in Canada, in a new place without job offer in hand and no clear sight (atleast the next 6 months) of economic recovery, might be really difficult.

India might look at extending the lockdown. Odisha has already announced a lockdown extension and more states might follow. At this point in time, health is top-priority for all heads of state. Travel services might not start their operations as they might increase the virus spread.

I am hoping that Gov. of Canada and IRCC would certainly help everyone who are facing these challenges and provide reasonable guidance in due time.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Many of us are in the same boat. I previously booked to travel on April 15, then changed to May 20 and now I'm considering June because current situation doesn't look good. I'm hearing from other newly landed immigrants are struggling to even find survival jobs. If you're on your own then your savings will dry up even faster.

My advise will be it is better to stay in your home country for few more weeks instead of going through hardship in a new country. Try to get help from family/relatives. I'm living with my parents so I'm grateful I've got a roof to sleep under.

Also, don't try to get a refund from airlines because that usually take a long process instead ask them to put you on a different date. Some airlines offer vouchers which turns out to be better than the actual price you paid.
I believe if flights are allowed after April then one should travel and complete the landing with their current valid CoPR. But it should be clear to them to serve 14 days self isolation and self sustaining themselves for few months maybe up to June/July. Cases might be different from person to person. Only thing is that one should not make hasty decisions which might end up in the worst decisions.

Reactions: Dia89

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Dude its the same situation here. Everything is under lockdown in Canada as well. So stay put, I don't think you would be spending a lot of money in india compared to staying in Canada without a job and spending your savings.
I moved to Canada in January and Yes I just got a job in April , I had spent half of my savings just for a job search (Travelling for interviews). It takes time to find a job over here and with the current situation, I would suggest you hold back until there is a slowdown. I have seen many of my friends who laid off due to the COVID.
All the best for your move .