+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

DIJ2

Mar 21, 2020
Hi Everyone- My COPR is valid till July, but my student visa in U.S is expiring in 3 weeks. I'm not sure if I could go back to my home country(India) from April till July because of travel ban to India. So I was planning to move to Canada by mid April via flight. Few questions:

1) Are they letting people in at Canadian Airports with COPR's? I will be travelling from U.S
2) If yes, do we have to quarantine ourselves? If yes, I have a cousin's family in Toronto, can I say that to the officer that I will be staying at the cousin's place for 14 days? Is there any scrutiny and further questioning by the officers regarding this?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone!

Does anyone knw the latest processing time of PR card?? Anyone who has recently got or landed???? The website shows 13 working days but i beleive this is not updated post COVID situation.

Secondly, any negative impact in this CORONA situation if I am informing the immigration officer that I am here for soft landing??

I am planning to do a soft landing in June start, staying with my relatives for 2 weeks and then return back..

Awaiting your viewpoints!!

Thanks in advance!!
The PR Cards are being processed within 2-4 weeks, and delivered to your address in Canada. Some cards have been delayed, but that is not the norm, since Canada Post and most IRCC offices are working, but with limited capacity.

As regards soft landing, first of there is no such term under the immigration law. When you land, and are examined and admitted into Canada, you become a Permanent Resident / Landed immigrant.

Whether you wish to stay in Canada for life, or just a few minutes, it is your choice.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Hi Everyone- My COPR is valid till July, but my student visa in U.S is expiring in 3 weeks. I'm not sure if I could go back to my home country(India) from April till July because of travel ban to India. So I was planning to move to Canada by mid April via flight. Few questions:

1) Are they letting people in at Canadian Airports with COPR's? I will be travelling from U.S
2) If yes, do we have to quarantine ourselves? If yes, I have a cousin's family in Toronto, can I say that to the officer that I will be staying at the cousin's place for 14 days? Is there any scrutiny and further questioning by the officers regarding this?
1-) Yes, if you manage to get a flight.
2-) Yes, if you stay at your cousin's, they will need to quarantine too.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Yes, you can land in Canada as you fall under the exemption.
Yes you have to self-isolate for 14 days. You will be required to provide your address, and you may be monitored.

ish23

Nov 10, 2019
The first webform I sent to IRCC was replied by the consulate where my visa was being processed...Since then, I’ve been sending e-mails asking specifically if I could ask for extension even now that I am allowed, due to the pandemic, and they keep saying “you won’t be penalized if you are unable to travel”. I believe they are prepared to not give clear answers |o|, they do not state what they consider as a reason to not travel, unfortunately, but I have all the e-mails and replies to prove what I ask SPECIFICALLY...
And yes, I sent a webform directly to IRCC last Friday, which I am not expecting to be replied soon. I also consulted a professional immigration consulting company and they also said that IRCC would extend the visa as soon as the situation get settled.

We are facing an unprecedented situation...even those who are allowed to move should think about...now the flight tickets are 3 times the usual price and the travel is taking about 40 hours, with many connections...for sure it is not safe to expose yourself.
Hi.. Which country are you from? I am from india and all that we are getting is a generic reply stating that we need not mail them if our counterfoil expires during the Travel ban. However, they have not explained anywhere else as to what happens to the people whose visas are expiring a day or two after the travel ban expires.

Bina5

Dec 21, 2019
I am from CT, and I informed IRCC Webform and CIC office that we are fall under the high case/ high travel advisory, and asked for an extension...still waiting a reply...

When does your COPR expire?
It expires on 4th april.

Bina5

Dec 21, 2019
I am from CT, and I informed IRCC Webform and CIC office that we are fall under the high case/ high travel advisory, and asked for an extension...still waiting a reply...

When does your COPR expire?
Is there any email for the cic office in specific if so can you please mention, I raised webform three weeks ago but I haven’t got any response yet.

DIJ2

Mar 21, 2020
1.Does anyone has a form of list of Goods to Accompany(GTA)/Goods to Follow(GTF).
2. Are the two separate? I'm moving to Canada end of April, and I will take clothes, documents, Utensils, Laptop with me, with nothing more to follow later. Do I just have to fill one form(GTA)?
3. Someone told me I can just take a blank A4 paper and mention 4 rows (Clothes, Utensils, Laptop, Phone) of name and amount in CAD of items. Is that true, or is there an official form somewhere that I have to take and fill?

Thank you!

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Maybe include details of electronic like model number and imei in case of phone. But yeah I had heard the same to print on an A4 sheet like a table or so.

Ziyad

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,
I was on a live chat with a respected Canadian immigration lawyer who used to work for IRCC in the past and is in regular contact with them.
He has informed me that there will definitely be an extension if COPR expires due to travel restrictions. He mentioned that this will be announced formally once the situation becomes better as IRCC offices are not functioning at full capacity presently.

Regarding the steps for extension, they are still unsure how it would work since this is an unprecedented event but as of now medicals and PCC will need to be provided again unless IRCC say otherwise.

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hi guys,
I was on a live chat with a respected Canadian immigration lawyer who used to work for IRCC in the past and is in regular contact with them.
He has informed me that there will definitely be an extension if COPR expires due to travel restrictions. He mentioned that this will be announced formally once the situation becomes better as IRCC offices are not functioning at full capacity presently.

Regarding the steps for extension, they are still unsure how it would work since this is an unprecedented event but as of now medicals and PCC will need to be provided again unless IRCC say otherwise.
Thanks for notifying us. Insights from an ex-IRCC eemployee definitely help. Are you currently in the US and have you requested an extension through WebForms?

akb21

Feb 6, 2020
Toronto
1.Does anyone has a form of list of Goods to Accompany(GTA)/Goods to Follow(GTF).
2. Are the two separate? I'm moving to Canada end of April, and I will take clothes, documents, Utensils, Laptop with me, with nothing more to follow later. Do I just have to fill one form(GTA)?
3. Someone told me I can just take a blank A4 paper and mention 4 rows (Clothes, Utensils, Laptop, Phone) of name and amount in CAD of items. Is that true, or is there an official form somewhere that I have to take and fill?

Thank you!

Hello,

You need to download BSF186 and BSF186A forms.. Fill them out and make two copies each.
Both 'goods to follow' and 'goods accompanying' use the same 2 forms.. There is a checkbox which differentiates them. So if you are importing goods while you land and also plan to import goods after you land, you will need one set of forms with items you are bringing (goods accompanying) and another set of forms with list of items that you will import later (goods to follow).

The forms are self explanatory, you can read the instructions on CBSA's website and fill them out..

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.html

• Love
Reactions: Indranil01

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
I hope this will be helpful for CoPRs in the US who wants to enter via land border. My husband and I just landed yesterday from peace bridge. I called and confirmed with the Canadian side a couple of times before we travel. The land border is open for CoPRs 24/7 currently. However, please call and confirm before you travel and things change everyday.

They tended to not accept any "soft landing" cases and you have to quarantine for 14 days. If you are staying with your any relatives, anyone in the house hold applies to that 14 days quarantine rules. It means that no one can go out for anything, even getting groceries. You have to have others deliver groceries to you. Any violation will end up having 10 year in jail and up to 10 million penalty. They are taking this very seriously.

For anyone who is trying to do soft landing and travel back to the US. Obviously, you cannot travel back during those 14 days quarantine time. When you land, they will double triple check on how long you will be staying in Canada. They will only process CoPRs who has a place to stay in Canada and tended to move here for good.

If you are driving your own car and wanted to export and import the car. Please please please make sure that you process all the export document from the US side. It is a long process. We didn't do that and plan to import our car next time as goods to follow. The officer questioned us on why the export process was not done and the car we are driving should be on our goods to come list since we are driving it.

If you have anything to ship over or to drive over at a later time, make sure you make a list for the goods to follow.
Thank you for this.

ish23

Nov 10, 2019
Hi guys,

hi, thank you for the information. But, did the officer mention anything about the people whose visas are expiring within a week from the day the ban is lifted? The travel ban will end on the 14th of April, in my home country and my COPR expires on the 17th of April. All the direct flights are booked and the connecting ones mostly require a transit visa. Not only this, there has also been a reduction in the international air travel due the bans imposed by various countries around the world. I had booked a flight earlier but the same got cancelled due to the travel ban.
I hope they do something for people like myself who are in such a sticky situation.

Reactions: Indranil01

Ziyad

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for notifying us. Insights from an ex-IRCC eemployee definitely help. Are you currently in the US and have you requested an extension through WebForms?
I am living in the UAE and I am unable to travel since the airports here are closed till April 8 as of now and my COPR expires on April 6.

He has advised to send a webform explaining the reasons why you are unable to travel and send another webform once you are able to travel and the COPR has expired. The IRCC will reopen the case and will advise the next steps to be taken in order to issue a new PRV and COPR.