+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
@DixvilleNotch @Hand @everbliss @Fmegha86 @CNP @JagjyotSingh @anand4udel @UsakaurB @Zahya @kanugln3 @RKM20 @amrahsidana
cc: @canadawaiting @Sahilvee

Hey guys,

With respect to the "Do you still want to immigrate" email:

1. I might be overthinking but does the subject line of your email reply have the prefix "RE:" at the beginning or not? IRCC state in the email that we shouldn't modify the subject line, but when I click "reply", the subject line is automatically changed to indicate "RE:" at the beginning of the line followed by the subject ("Do you still want to immigrate to Canada? Case no XXXXXX") (I use Gmail).

2. Has your myCIC account been updated and if so in what way and when? I understand it's usually done about20 days after your response to their email.

3. Have you already received your form to redo the medicals?

Many thanks!

Last edited:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
@DixvilleNotch @Hand @everbliss @Fmegha86 @CNP @JagjyotSingh @anand4udel @UsakaurB @Zahgya @kanugln3 @RKM20 @amrahsidana

Hey guys,

1. I might be overthinking but does the subject line of your email reply have the prefix "RE:" at the beginning or not? IRCC state in the email that we shouldn't modify the subject line, but when I click "reply", the subject line is automatically changed to indicate "RE:" at the beginning of the line followed by the subject ("Do you still want to immigrate to Canada? Case no XXXXXX") (I use Gmail).

2. Has your myCIC account been updated and if so in what way and when? I understand it's usually done about20 days after your response to their email.

Many thanks!
1. I did not have a "RE :" in reply email
2. Received email on 29th March, Replied on 1st April. 14th April status changed to Submitted, all details vanished except Biometrics date
3. Yes ,on 16th April received re medical request

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyWescott

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
May be I will be wrong in this but when I fill the survey on this sue mail.I received DO YOU STILL WANT TO IMMIGRATE email after a week.so there is nothing wrong in survey.I hope it will be helpful.
did you fill the feedback part ? Where they asked name, dob and UCI/Application Number.???? I completed survey but when it came to share file number, I resisted.. should I go forward ???

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
I have raised couple of requests through web form last year upon expiring of my COPR. Subsequently in Jan this year they have extended my Medicals and sent me PPR early this month. My passport got stamped again with the visa with latest expiry and also got the revised COPR.
Congratulations... Your AOR? VO???...

RKM20

Apr 23, 2020
@DixvilleNotch @Hand @everbliss @Fmegha86 @CNP @JagjyotSingh @anand4udel @UsakaurB @Zahgya @kanugln3 @RKM20 @amrahsidana

Hey guys,

Many thanks!
Hey @BillyWescott,

In my case, I got the email from the same address we had to respond to: IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Even I thought about whether to keep the "Re:" in my response, and I ended up keeping it thinking it would make more sense that way. Note that my email didn’t mention anything about not changing the header. If you feel it would be safer without it then remove it.

My account was updated yesterday but I haven’t received a medical request as yet.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
@DixvilleNotch @Hand @everbliss @Fmegha86 @CNP @JagjyotSingh @anand4udel @UsakaurB @Zahya @kanugln3 @RKM20 @amrahsidana

Hey guys,

Many thanks!
Hi,

1. I did not hit reply, but emailed the address they specified with the template replaced with my details. My email did not mention anything about the subject line. So I used my application no. as my subject line.

2. No updates as such on myCIC account. The old medical date is now gone and it says "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes." Background check says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Final decision was previously "your application is approved" but now says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made." Biometrics date original is still there (i believe this is valid for 10 years that's why). The counterfoil info at the bottom with passport no., date of expiration etc is now gone.

3. My update happened just today. So I'm guessing i will get the medicals info in the next few days? No communications from ircc as of yet.

adiljaved88

Jan 7, 2021
Hey @BillyWescott,

In my case, I got the email from the same address we had to respond to: IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Even I thought about whether to keep the "Re:" in my response, and I ended up keeping it thinking it would make more sense that way. Note that my email didn’t mention anything about not changing the header. If you feel it would be safer without it then remove it.

My account was updated yesterday but I haven’t received a medical request as yet.
Hi there,... did you get any acknowledgment email once you replied? if yes, after how much time? thanks

Reactions: BillyWescott

vincan97

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
I have raised couple of requests through web form last year upon expiring of my COPR. Subsequently in Jan this year they have extended my Medicals and sent me PPR early this month. My passport got stamped again with the visa with latest expiry and also got the revised COPR.
That's good news. Can you please share: when your earlier copr got expired and have you been issued new copr with fresh travel visa stamp again without remedicals?

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Feb 2021 expiry. Sent 3 webforms out, all generic response saying to checkout their website. They don't even bother to answer any questions. Quite sad how the government is handling this.
Hi, my CoPR expired in March 2021 (issued December 2020, 18 months after applying lol). Anyone in my boat and any updates from the IRCC? And what is your plan of action?
Anybody here post march 2020 copr expired / expiring have raised webform ? what reply you got?
COPR expired march 2021( issued nov 2020), raised a webform once before expiry and got a generic reply, nothing else since then(february):rolleyes:

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Congrats to you!, are you post march?

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Happy for you guys. I'm just disappointed that as an FSW-O applicant, we are not included. My AOR is Nov 2019. Based on GCMS notes, my application was approved March 23, 2020. Just five (5) days after the travel restriction.

Reactions: slashmaybe

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Anybody who got their medicals done recently from Delhi Max centre-is there any social distancing maintained?how crowded is it?

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Guys. I know a lot of people get annoyed by the fact that anyone who resides in the US can actually go to the border and activate their PR as opposed to those who are somewhere else. I am from EU and my Copr expires in 2 weeks. I thought I would take my chances and do everything I could legally do to not let my Copr expire. I flew to Mexico and spent 14 days there. I couldn't fly to the US directly because the US restricts flying from the Schengen area. After 14 days in Mexico, I flew to California where I bought a car and drove to the US/Canada border. I could rent a car also but I thought I might as well buy it as I would need a car in Canada from the very beginning. I wouldn't have to pay tax on it as it's in the goods to follow list. Today I crossed the border. First exported my car out of the US and then drove up to the Canadian side. Activated my PR, imported the car and went away to a quarantine place where I am at now. It was kinda complicated but I was really fed up with waiting and waiting. I wanted to move on with my life. I am happy I did it and am finally a Permanent Resident of Canada. To anyone who is able to do what I did: just do it. Do not wait. It's doable, it costs more money but hey, the wait is finally over!
No family in Canada. No job offer. Not except in any way. COPR issued November 2020
Incredible journey @sunkilmoon Wishing you the best in your new life in Canada.