+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi everyone.
I got the "do you still want to immigrate to Canada" mail. I replied positively to it.
Later I realised that my daughter's passport is getting expired on Feb 2022. that means keeping the 6-month validity in mind, we have to travel before August.
Now i gave them the confirmation to send remedical request.
And as we all know , their response is delayed.
Now am worried that by the time medical is done & ppr request is sent and then they courier our passports back to us, it wil take a lot of time.
And her pp wil not be valid for 6months then.
Am I overthinking? or do you think that maybe they will "re-assess" our details and will tell us what to do regarding her passport.

Haydi

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hello Haydi,

Congrats! when were you issued the new copr?
I am in the same situation as you are, VO AbuDhabi, inital copr expired in december 2020 (im a post march 18 copr holder), but no news since jan after i passed my medical exam.
Also you mentioned you still cannot travel with your new copr due to the restrictions, but isnt the new one a replacement of the old copr and you should be exempt from travelling?
I read a post a few pages back where a post march 18 person got the new copr and it was mentioned that it was a replacement of the old one so he can travel with it without any AL.

Thank you for sharing and good luck in your next steps!
Hi Alia,

My new Visa and COPR was issued last week. Yes it is a replacement but the so called replacement clause is not mentioned in my new COPR. I don’t think we can travel yet since our initial doc was issued post March 2020. Hope I can travel though.

you will get yours soon, hang in there.

Thanks

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi Alia,

My new Visa and COPR was issued last week. Yes it is a replacement but the so called replacement clause is not mentioned in my new COPR. I don’t think we can travel yet since our initial doc was issued post March 2020. Hope I can travel though.

Thanks
thank you Haydi, i just realized you mentioned you had a post march 18 copr... im a pre march 18 copr holder, i guess we are in different situations then. But good luck, you'll have enough time to land hopefully once borders are open.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi Alia,

Thanks
@Haydi Congratulations, can you please let us know the validity of your new PR landing visa? How much time have they given you the second time?

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi friends, i need some advice please.
I have received email from IRCC -Do you still want to immigrate to Canada?
If yes we would need to do re medicals. I am currently 4 months pregnant and the primary applicant. I would not be able to do my Xray and complete my medicals. However my spouse will be able to complete. I do not mind postponding my travel till next year after my baby is born.

Should I inform IRCC now that i am pregnant?
Can I proceed to do my medicals without the XRay?
Any idea of the further steps on what should be done please?
Please advice
I would recommend you to still go ahead and say Yes. After which you can indicate that you are pregnant. There definitely must be procedures for pregnant women. For example, yesterday I went for my re-medicals and my glucose level were a little high (thanks to the lockdown lifestyle :p). However, the doctor said we will check your 1st medical and if it was fine then, then we'll let you go. However, if it was high then and now, then we will recommend further investigation. They took this liberty since both medicals were done at the same center. I'm sure they can do something similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: sherlyd

Jass88

Oct 3, 2019
Recieved pre arrival services letterfor my wife. What are they doing ?? Applied for copr renewal but i think they are just delyaing the process by sending such emails.

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
When did you reply to the email?

Do you mean that you did the medical visit preemptively without having received instructions from IRCC? If so, I'm not sure that they will take your new medicals into consideration. You have to wait til they send you instructions. The email they sent me specifically states we shouldn't do upfront medical visits.

I too did upfront medicals in December 2020 after I sent my RTT but they never updated my CIC account.
Yes I got it done pre-emptively on February 2021 , I guess ill be issued a new medical request then. Thank you for sharing.

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
I would recommend you to still go ahead and say Yes. After which you can indicate that you are pregnant. There definitely must be procedures for pregnant women. For example, yesterday I went for my re-medicals and my glucose level were a little high (thanks to the lockdown lifestyle :p). However, the doctor said we will check your 1st medical and if it was fine then, then we'll let you go. However, if it was high then and now, then we will recommend further investigation. They took this liberty since both medicals were done at the same center. I'm sure they can do something similar.
Sorry, the following explanation is off-topic; but some might be interested to know it nonetheless. Fasting blood sugar and HbA1c are not included in the routine IRCC medical examination (blood test), and unless you indicate something is wrong with you, the doctor won't order it (the doctor will ask you some questions related to your health). Moreover, even if you had diabetes, you wouldn't be inadmissible based on medical reasons. Not even the liver enzymes are checked, and it won't be ordered unless the doctor sees that you have tattoos or if he suspects that you have hepatitis which is contagious, especially the A variant of the disease, which in turn renders you inadmissible and your application will be rejected if proven to be the case. Some kidney ailments are also grounds for inadmissibility, that's why Serum Creatinine is checked. So, I'm not sure why the doctor checked your blood sugar! Maybe to charge you more for the blood test! Or maybe he actually was a good doctor and wanted to check your general health!

Taqi123

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
My COPR is expiring on 30th may, should I raise a web form right now or I should wait as ircc email a month ago that we will contact you if your docs expired, pls suggest. Thanks

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
My COPR is expiring on 30th may, should I raise a web form right now or I should wait as ircc email a month ago that we will contact you if your docs expired, pls suggest. Thanks
Even though IRCC's response to webforms has been generic lately, contacting them will not hurt you. So, do it anyway.