+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I asked Ircc agent she said they may have to wait until the restrictions get lifted I don’t know what to do, I have also read on their website like immediate family members can travel but Ircc agent said they could only travel if they was Sponserd in family class but we all got Copr through express entry. So it’s little bit confusing situation because airlines have very strict guidelines from IRCC if they board someone who don’t meet their travel exemption criteria airline can be fined that’s why they ask so many questions they won’t let someone board who don’t meet that certain criteria I heard they definitely asking for photo copy of Immediate family members PR card if don’t then they call Ircc to confirm so Ircc agent gonna tell them same thing that he told me before like they can’t travel right now. If someone have any link or anyone gone through it plz advice me. thanks in advance
What if you’re extended family member and you have the exemption letter?

nrthstr1202

Jan 9, 2021
I remember reading about February 15, though I can't find the source again now, sorry.
I certainly hope not. If it was as soon as Monday next week, many of those who booked for next week's landing will need to make adjustments to our already booked quarantine place...if in fact, it pertains to first time settlers.

At least, there should have been an official announcement of the effective date like yesterday or today at least.

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
I received the gcms notes today and the latest note reads : that ircc sent 4 pointer email and reissuance / renew pending information and documents from applicant. I did not understand this part as we responded to the 4 pointer email back in September 2020 and after that also we at least raised 3 webforms. But it only talks about that 4 pointer email sent by Rroc and nothing concrete regarding actual status of the file. Doe anyone know which section specifically to check about the current Status or what exactly to be checked in these notes? Overall it just shows what has been done till date ( they received our webforms and email that’s it)

Last edited:

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
Hey guys.

Does anyone know when exactly this covid hotels mandatory quarantine thing will be in effect?

I have my COPR and need to land as PR. I even had my ticket until this new rule was announced. 2000 dollars is too much to pay for 3 nights.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers.html

As per the info given in the above link it seems 3 day hotel stay is only applicable for CANADIANS who are coming back from their non-essential travel (Vacation)!!!

Reactions: lnmora

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018
Yes airline officials did check AL while checking in the luggage and Indian immigration officer while stamping the passport. CoVID negative report was also checked.

They are aware of AL so they did not ask any irrelevant questions about AL.
Which lab you had chosen for RT-PCR? Can we choose SRL lab

Elan87

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hi all,
This group and its members have helped me a lot.Thanks.

Sharing my experience if it could help anyone.I sent RTT form in November 2020 but got no response until on 31st December I got AL.
I booked Emirates flight for 27th Jan 2021 via Dubai to Toronto.
I took my Expired copr,AL,Arrivecan,PCR test results. These were asked at both immigration counters in India and Toronto_Overall it was very smooth and no questions were asked apart this.

To all my fellow group members dont stress.I also quit my job last year to migrate to canada.Then I joined another company as the situation was so unpredictable.Then I quit again to travel.It has been a long journey with lots of emotional stress.
Don't worry hang in there.Your time will come.

Please ask me if you have any doubts I will be happy to help if I can.
Dear bro I need some clarification cause my family is travelling from Bangalore via Dubai. Can you guide us please. If you are in Canada kindly call me +1 6476768764. Thanks

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi all, need your advice...
My CoPR expired on June 2020 and I have not yet received any updates on GC key account or emails. I have my sister, who is a student and my first cousin as a PR in Canada. Is there any chance I can apply to get AL by giving my relatives details?
Please advise

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers.html

As per the info given in the above link it seems 3 day hotel stay is only applicable for CANADIANS who are coming back from their non-essential travel (Vacation)!!!
I did spot this but does not seem to interpret as citizens/pr vs temporary residents. We will know more in coming weeks. Its highly likely that only select group of travelers will be put in 3 day quarantine who are in non essential category?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/2-000-hotel-quarantine-travel-covid-19-questions-1.5904275

It does also mention about land crossings and is interesting.

Anjoe

Feb 10, 2021
Dear All,

Finally arrived in Canada. Sharing the experience. Got my AL in late Dec. I flew with Qatar Airways and the flight from Doha to Montreal was full. Immigration was smooth. They diddnt asked me for proof of funds, or a quarantine plan. The whole process took around 15 minutes. Just asked me if I had a place to quarantine and that I'll have to spend 14days in quarantine and can't leave the place except in case of emergency.
Can you help me in this? My visa also expired on Feb 9. After visa expire with in how many days you got the AL? Please reply.