Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A
Hi guys,

I was issued my COPR and visa stamp in Sept 2020 with a validity till 30 March 2021. I'm assuming there are many in the same boat as me.

Based on the current travel restrictions I'm not eligible to travel to Canada, as I do not fall under any of the travel exemptions mentioned like in the following
1. I am an Indian passport holder staying in Dubai. So I don't reside in the US.
2. I also do not have any siblings, relatives (near or far), loved ones, etc residing in Canada.
3. My COPR was issued after 18 March 2020.
4. I am a mechanical engineer, and hence do not come under the essential skills category.

I was hopeful that the travel restrictions would be lifted prior to the expiry of my COPR. But based on current events, the travel restrictions do not seem to be going anywhere.
Simultaneously, I had raised several web forms to IRCC prior to November 2020 enquiring about the travel restrictions being lifted, and received nothing but generic answers. As I am slowly approaching the date to the expiry of my COPR while being clueless of the next steps. I am really looking forward to finding some clarity in the forum regarding this issue.

I've been told that one of the steps would be to raise a web form asking for an extension on the COPR. However, it is my understanding that based on new developments, we are not supposed to contact IRCC through the web form. Please refer to the link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2020-covid-approved-pr-applications.html

I believe this is the link for web form - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/(X(1)S(fzi0dr2y5owqlyzvztbvs3zo))/case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.89663579.1982319276.1412349823&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1&wbdisable=true
For some reason once I hit next on the web form, the page is frozen and doesnt go forward.

If there is another link, kindly post it as a reply. Thanks.

Reactions: Tahhi

zinia gaba

Nov 21, 2019
Hi all, need your advice...
My CoPR expired on June 2020 and I have not yet received any updates on GC key account or emails. I have my sister, who is a student and my first cousin as a PR in Canada. Is there any chance I can apply to get AL by giving my relatives details?
Please advise
Even maybe COPR expired in June 2020 and the first contact happened yesterday when I received the re medical request. Hang in, you will receive either direct AL or a remed request

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Even maybe COPR expired in June 2020 and the first contact happened yesterday when I received the re medical request. Hang in, you will receive either direct AL or a remed request
Thanks for your support. I am really getting frustrated. Really waiting to get some updates.

Reactions: K&K

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Hi All,

I've been a part of this forum group ever since it was page 45 and now it is page 1028. But finally happy to announce I have gotten my AL.

My COPR expired in June 2020 and now I have recieved an AL with the extension until April 2021. I am planning to fly out by the last week of February.

I just need some help on what all I will need to carry with me on my journey;

1. EXPIRED COPR
2. AL LETTER
3. EXPIRED VISA
4. PASSPORT

Anything else that I need to do/ carry etc. I know there is something about the quarantine app that I need to do but do not have a clear idea about that. if someone else can shed some light on this, I'd be very grateful and anything else I have missed out to pass the PR gates, would appreciate any and all advice.

Anybody has any questions on the process till now also, I'm happy to answer the same.

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi All,

I've been a part of this forum group ever since it was page 45 and now it is page 1028. But finally happy to announce I have gotten my AL.

My COPR expired in June 2020 and now I have recieved an AL with the extension until April 2021. I am planning to fly out by the last week of February.

1. EXPIRED COPR
2. AL LETTER
3. EXPIRED VISA
4. PASSPORT

Anything else that I need to do/ carry etc. I know there is something about the quarantine app that I need to do but do not have a clear idea about that. if someone else can shed some light on this, I'd be very grateful and anything else I have missed out to pass the PR gates, would appreciate any and all advice.

Anybody has any questions on the process till now also, I'm happy to answer the same.
Congratulations.
Can please tell me which is your visa office. Mine is Delhi. CoPR expired on June. No updates till now. What are the procedures u followed. Just wanted to check if I missed anything

Reactions: K&K

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Congratulations.
Can please tell me which is your visa office. Mine is Delhi. CoPR expired on June. No updates till now. What are the procedures u followed. Just wanted to check if I missed anything
Same here COPR expired in June, still waiting.

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Congratulations.
Hi I sent 3 Webforms starting sept, oct and nov. Then I called IRCC and told the agent of my issues, he said he will put in a note to prioritize. Within 3 days I got the AL

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
hey ..my final update status keeps changing from the latest date to older medical update date?...is it a sign of ghost update?

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi I sent 3 Webforms starting sept, oct and nov. Then I called IRCC and told the agent of my issues, he said he will put in a note to prioritize. Within 3 days I got the AL
Hello,

Which number do you call the IRCC at?

I have received a request to redo my medials as my first copr (pre march 18) expired and they asked me for remedicals prior to reissuing new coprs. Do you know anyone who is a pre march 18 copr holder and was asked to redo medicals for new copr? and if the got the new copr?

Thank you and good luck!

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Which number did you call ? Because when we call ircc they tell us our file is in New Delhi visa office and we can’t do anything and just wait.

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
Hi All,

1. EXPIRED COPR
2. AL LETTER
3. EXPIRED VISA
4. PASSPORT

Congratulations... Can u tell me your AOR? If you got re medical request then how long it took to get PPR after passing re med ??? How I call ircc from india as I hv applied under EE FSW from india ....

spaul87

Aug 1, 2018
Hi, please suggest me in the mentioned scenario . I got my passport stamped on 29 Jan'2021. The visa and medical will expire on 05 June'2021. Though the COPR is valid till Jan'2022. As per the current policy of travel restriction, can i enter Canada?

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
I didnt get a request for remeds, my AL was issued directly. The IRCC can be contacted on 1-888-242-2100 There have been some cases where People in this forum got request for re-meds and were given new COPR, if you go back a couple pages you will find it .