+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Sidunreal316

Sep 18, 2017
Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could help answer this:

My wife, who lives overseas, got her COPR. But she can't come to Canada to settle permanently just yet. From the IRCC site, it says you should only come to Canada if you plan to stay permanently. Does that mean I should just wait for IRCC to contact us now? Even if our COPR will expire waiting for them? I contacted them through the webform, but they just told me to look at their website for info.

From the looks of this thread, there are quite lot of confused people like me
If your wife isnt willing to travel now, then let IRCC know when you can travel again. If your COPR is valid when your wife decides to travel then contact IRCC for an AL. Please give details of the COPR expiry and other relevant information to suggest appropriate inputs.

nattfodd

Jun 25, 2019
Has anybody entered Canada by road (in a personal vehicle) after travel restrictions were put in place? Wondering what to expect at the moment.

Maulik Presswala

Feb 6, 2016
Hi Guys I have successfully landed as Permanent resident but my dependents are still out of Canada they have their Copr as well so can I get travel authorisation letter for them after completing my quarantine anyone who has gone through it... thanks
Do you have any relative in Canada or from USA?

Manishamahajan58

Oct 19, 2019
Hi
I have a question
My score is 445 along with my husband with 1 year canadian experience.
If I work another year in canada my score is going to be 456 adding 11 points, whereas one year foreign exprience will give me 26 scores making my score 471.
I wanted to know if its possible that working one year in canada and second year in india will give me 26 points or is there any catch here?
Thanks in advance

Djsingh44

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
Hi Guys I have successfully landed as Permanent resident but my dependents are still out of Canada they have their Copr as well so can I get travel authorisation letter for them after completing my quarantine anyone who has gone through it... thanks
Hi @Gsingh2016,
I think your family can travel without AL.
Since you are PR now and they are your immediate family members.
They just need to show your signed copr if asked.
@legalfalcon any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi @Gsingh2016,
I think your family can travel without AL.
Since you are PR now and they are your immediate family members.
They just need to show your signed copr if asked.
I asked Ircc agent she said they may have to wait until the restrictions get lifted I don’t know what to do, I have also read on their website like immediate family members can travel but Ircc agent said they could only travel if they was Sponserd in family class but we all got Copr through express entry. So it’s little bit confusing situation because airlines have very strict guidelines from IRCC if they board someone who don’t meet their travel exemption criteria airline can be fined that’s why they ask so many questions they won’t let someone board who don’t meet that certain criteria I heard they definitely asking for photo copy of Immediate family members PR card if don’t then they call Ircc to confirm so Ircc agent gonna tell them same thing that he told me before like they can’t travel right now. If someone have any link or anyone gone through it plz advice me. thanks in advance

xs22

Feb 9, 2021
Hey guys.

Does anyone know when exactly this covid hotels mandatory quarantine thing will be in effect?

I have my COPR and need to land as PR. I even had my ticket until this new rule was announced. 2000 dollars is too much to pay for 3 nights.

Djsingh44

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
I asked Ircc agent she said they may have to wait until the restrictions get lifted I don’t know what to do, I have also read on their website like immediate family members can travel but Ircc agent said they could only travel if they was Sponserd in family class but we all got Copr through express entry. So it’s little bit confusing situation because airlines have very strict guidelines from IRCC if they board someone who don’t meet their travel exemption criteria airline can be fined that’s why they ask so many questions they won’t let someone board who don’t meet that certain criteria I heard they definitely asking for photo copy of Immediate family members PR card if don’t then they call Ircc to confirm so Ircc agent gonna tell them same thing that he told me before like they can’t travel right now. If someone have any link or anyone gone through it plz advice me. thanks in advance
I called IRCC and to agent said that if your family is coming few days after you, they dont need AL.
Since i also have AL and not my family, i also called ircc. Tome agent told that my family can travel the next day without AL since you become PR after landing.

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
I called IRCC and to agent said that if your family is coming few days after you, they dont need AL.

Since i also have AL and not my family, i also called ircc. Tome agent told that my family can travel the next day without AL since you become PR after landing.
thanks for confirming that I will further see to book tickets then.. have you booked tickets for your family yet?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Well we are planning to fly from Bangalore so there is no direct flight or even connection to Delhi. Can we plan via Dubai.
There is no compulsion in booking flights to Canada. IRCC encourages direct flights. Just make sure if you need any transit visa while transiting and if there are any CoVID related rules in that country.

Best of luck. Have a safe journey!