+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Convincing reasons for not accompanying the Spouse and children

Oct 29, 2018
There is no risk in him applying , he can always apply for PR and get it but continue in India. If the reason is points then my advice is to be open and write the reason (atleast i did that and application is in progress) . If you give some false reason then you may face a 5 year ban due to misrepresentation
Hi, did you get any response to your application? I applied mine with a non-accompanying spouse. She is in Canada on an open work permit. I gave the reason for low CRS score.

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Hi, did you get any response to your application? I applied mine with a non-accompanying spouse. She is in Canada on an open work permit. I gave the reason for low CRS score.
no updates yet

Abhi003

Aug 6, 2020
no updates yet
Hey Nivedhitha

I got my AOR on 11th Nov, I had also applied spouse as non accompanying.
My reason "My mother-in-law is a senior citizen and a widow who is dependent on my and my wife. To support her mother, my wife has decided to stay back. She is a post graduate and is doing well in her career which also helps her in supporting her mother. "
I also attached death certificate of my father-in-law, salary slips of my wife, her mothers passport etc as supporting documents.

My question to you is 1) is my reason valid?
2) I read about ADR in this thread, do you think everyone who shows spouse not accompanying recieves it??
3) after your AOR, how is your pocess going on, any hiccups till now? Anything other than usual?

Thank you for your reply in advance.
I am really worried. I hope you can understand

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey Nivedhitha

My reason "My mother-in-law is a senior citizen and a widow who is dependent on my and my wife. To support her mother, my wife has decided to stay back. She is a post graduate and is doing well in her career which also helps her in supporting her mother. "
I also attached death certificate of my father-in-law, salary slips of my wife, her mothers passport etc as supporting documents.

2) I read about ADR in this thread, do you think everyone who shows spouse not accompanying recieves it??
3) after your AOR, how is your pocess going on, any hiccups till now? Anything other than usual?

You are essentially going to make it very difficult for your MIL to visit Canada by saying this.

Abhi003

Aug 6, 2020
You are essentially going to make it very difficult for your MIL to visit Canada by saying this.
Thanks for replying,
But I didn't get your point. Why will it be difficult for my mother in law?

And what do you think about my application, can I face any complications?

I did not lie on my application and also have proof that my MIL is a widow and have no direct family members other than her daughter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for replying,
But I didn't get your point. Why will it be difficult for my mother in law?

And what do you think about my application, can I face any complications?

I did not lie on my application and also have proof that my MIL is a widow and have no direct family members other than her daughter.
If you are saying your MIL is alone and is dependent on her daughter then if she applies to come visit Canada there will be concerns that she is dependent on her daughter and will not leave Canada.

Abhi003

Aug 6, 2020
If you are saying your MIL is alone and is dependent on her daughter then if she applies to come visit Canada there will be concerns that she is dependent on her daughter and will not leave Canada.
Okay, got your point....we'll figure that out....

But what about my application, will that be okay right?

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Hey Nivedhitha

1> I am sorry, I do not know the answer, I just put in the real reason and hope you do so as well and if your reason is genuine there is nothing to fear i guess
2 > Not sure , depends case to case
3> No updates.

Sorry for the late reply and couldnt help much ! all the best

Abhi003

Aug 6, 2020
1> I am sorry, I do not know the answer, I just put in the real reason and hope you do so as well and if your reason is genuine there is nothing to fear i guess
2 > Not sure , depends case to case
3> No updates.

Sorry for the late reply and couldnt help much ! all the best
Thanks for the reply, my reason is genuine as well. When did you receive your AOR?

Swedha

Feb 29, 2020
Yes, there were so many nah responses that I literally started to get tense but eventually went through. I later came to know that actually this is the part of standard practices for ircc to ask for non accompanying family members. So be cool and tell them the truth and show intention of definitely bringing the once u get settled. Wish you best of luck
Hi can we put the reason for non accompanying as low crs score? What if adding ur husband doesn't improve ur crs in anyway but just decreases it cuz ur married? Can we put the reason as score ?

Swedha

Feb 29, 2020
Hey, I mentioned the reasons which I was facing. Just be truthful and don't complicate the things with false answers. Mine got approved and so should be yours.
Hi what reason can we put if spouse does not have a job, but is looking for one ?