+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Convention refugee PR application submitted online for one year with no news

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
As per GCMS notes
August 2021 Applicant.. My application started on 02/21/2022.. Didnt heard anything after that.

On my notes I saw that I passed medical(but expired),
biometrics submitted.

criminality in progress

My Eligibility has not started yet

InfoSharing" is still in process.

security not started

my office is CPC Mississauga

Also when I scroll down it shows me complete timeline and it says there
"application is missing following item IMM 5406 incomplete for PA. PO to review (dated 21.02.22)
Our situation is really similar, ircc does not deal with or reject us, and if we are rejected, we will reapply. I have heard that our refugee applications are rarely rejected because of incomplete application form information. Is that true?

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
can you show your timeline
Submitted Nov 2021
AOR Dec
Case started processing Jun 2022 without my knowledge
A few days later I got a message asking me to upload new forms if there is any update to my situation
I sent them, no update since then
Criminality and Info sharing passed without my knowledge
New CBSA note Sep, I will get it back in a few days, let’s see what it says

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Interesting topic, what is the GCMS?
And how can I apply for it , how long it takes to receive those notes?
Maybe they look into your social media accounts or something that delays the process or that it needs another agent to finalize everything!
I’ve heard they check social media accounts, however I’m still not convenient about this especially if your account has a different name!
how would they determine that it’s yours, weird.
Very unlikely for them to do that unless there’s a good reason, it’s not like they can easily find your social media accounts.

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Very unlikely for them to do that unless there’s a good reason, it’s not like they can easily find your social media accounts.
You mean they can find your social media accounts easily? Or the opposite?

anyway, would you please teach me how to apply for those gcms notes?
they can’t easily find them, even if they find them, what can they do with it? If they have suspicions and want more information, sure, maybe it will help, otherwise it’s a complete waste of time.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html
Here’s how you can request GCMS notes (from CBSA) if you do it under the Privacy Act on your own behalf, it’s for free.
If it asks you to identify yourself just say whatever (basically, individual in Canada, member of the public, etc)

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
By the way all those social media topic were made under spousal related situations, i dunno i was scrolling and saw that i was wondering since it’s really weird and unconditional
Yeah, in that case they may want to know if they are actually married, working in a specific company, etc, or in a refugee’s case, if they have ever settled in another country.
However, looking for all applicants’ social media for no good reason is not only impossible to do but also useless for them, they don’t refuse our application because we come on this forum to complain about their inefficiency and opacity.

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
haha of course they don't about this forum.
I've went through that link you posted and I wanna ask you, have you used the 5$ application?
I mean what is the difference? and how long it takes to receive any feedback about my application!
No difference, 20 days

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
the website doesn't work, when I select IRCC as the information source. It says exit the legacy website, so I press there and then an error webpage comes out.
Any idea?
try on your end please.
Thanks
You should use CBSA as the source.

Reactions: redbird

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
but how is that!
I mean I need the information from the IRCC not the CBSA, I actually don't get it to be honest.
If I choose the CBSA as the institution, will I be receiving information about my file at CBSA?
if you please can explain the steps a little bit more, I appreciate that.
I don't wanna make any mistake!
However, I did choose CBSA and again it opens a new page and it gave me an error code! weird
Thanks brother
they are the same notes but CBSA is more efficient than IRCC
I do not see an error code on my side, maybe you want to install chrome or clear your browser cache, the steps are self-explanatory so they are really hard to describe, just give them what you are asked for, remember to give them your UCI and case number, address, etc in the comments again.

dzx

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
I did cleared the browser stuff still not working, I installed another browser it's not working, I don't mean the website that doesn't work.
I mean when I choose the institution as the CBSA then the website asks me to leave the legacy website when I press on it a new tab opens up and gives me an error, have to tried that?
yeah I just tried but it’s fine on my side…

bamboohamboo

Sep 24, 2022
I did cleared the browser stuff still not working, I installed another browser it's not working, I don't mean the website that doesn't work.
I mean when I choose the institution as the CBSA then the website asks me to leave the legacy website when I press on it a new tab opens up and gives me an error, have to tried that?
same issue here