Jan 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Vienna Austria
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
AOR Received.
10-04-2019
hello everyone,

can somebody explain help me: --I am applying under family class of CONJUGAL Partnership with my fiancee a canadian.

in the Form-IMM5406- Additional family information., on section A,----- ( Marital status: - i have answered single, because i can not find conjugal partnership in the drop down menu. there is no option for conjugal.
on the drop down menu options are :
( Annulled marriage, common-law, divorce, married physically-present, married-not physically present, separated, single, unknown, )

what could be the right answer since i am in conjugal relationship with my fiancee., i have never married before and have not lived with her?

thanks for contribution .

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
hello everyone,

can somebody explain help me: --I am applying under family class of CONJUGAL Partnership with my fiancee a canadian.

in the Form-IMM5406- Additional family information., on section A,----- ( Marital status: - i have answered single, because i can not find conjugal partnership in the drop down menu. there is no option for conjugal.
( Annulled marriage, common-law, divorce, married physically-present, married-not physically present, separated, single, unknown, )

what could be the right answer since i am in conjugal relationship with my fiancee., i have never married before and have not lived with her?

Based on your other posts it sounds like there may be a chance you don't qualify for conjugal, you need to elaborate on what legal and/or immigration barriers you face that would allow you to apply conjugal.

Editing to add, with the applicant from Germany I have no idea how you qualify for conjugal.

Last edited:
Reactions: rose2rock

31chill

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
hello everyone,

put single are you heterosexual too?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello everyone,

You have zero chance of conjugal. There are no legal or immigration barriers preventing you from marrying or becoming common-law.

An example of a genuine conjugal case is a same-sex couple where the applicant is from a country where homosexuality is illegal and s/he is unable to get a TRV to come to Canada. There are both legal and immigration barrier preventing them from marrying or becoming common-law in both Canada and the applicant's country.

Save your time and money and get married.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
hello everyone,

There's no situation in which a German citizen (or anyone that's visa exempt) will qualify for conjugal. You have no barriers to getting married or becoming common law.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
You have zero chance of conjugal. There are no legal or immigration barriers preventing you from marrying or becoming common-law.

An example of a genuine conjugal case is a same-sex couple where the applicant is from a country where homosexuality is illegal and s/he is unable to get a TRV to come to Canada. There are both legal and immigration barrier preventing them from marrying or becoming common-law in both Canada and the applicant's country.

Save your time and money and get married.
Based on other posts it looks like they are planning to forge ahead anyway. No idea why you'd want to waste a year (or even more) of your life and as well as your money for something that will undoubtedly end in rejection. Blows my mind.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Based on other posts it looks like they are planning to forge ahead anyway. No idea why you'd want to waste a year (or even more) of your life and as well as your money for something that will undoubtedly end in rejection. Blows my mind.
Agreed.

cziel

Feb 12, 2019
canada
Hello, I’m a canadian citizen and I’ve been in a relationship with my partner(same sex) for 4 years now whose living in the Philippines. She got denied when we tried to apply for TRV (due to weak travel history, they probably think she will stay for good) Are we qualified as conjugal since Philippines does not allow same sex marriage and divorce is not allowed(she’s still married but they broke up and had not been living together even before we started dating)

I’ve been just visiting Philippines for few months over the course of our relationship. I have proofs such as my travel tickets, hotel bills, etc. Applying as common law was not an option because we havent lived for 12 consecutive months and we do not have any shared property yet.

MikaJ16

Mar 15, 2019
Hi We just sent our application as conjugal partner I’m a Filipino Canadian and the PA is from the Philippines We cannot get married because of no divorce PA is separated since 2001 I submitted separation agreement with a child birth certificate of wife child with a new partner they don’t have kids. Even I wanted to stay in the Philippines It would be hard cuz of my maintainance I’m an insulin dependant He applied for TRV it was denied I attached everything the proof. The PA is my childhood sweethearts both families known each other we’re born in the same date same hospital and we have the same age.Since our reconciliation we spend 3X Christmas Holidays I’m Divorced. I submitted all evidences that we really know each other during our younger days including old pictures with our circle of friends.. Inspite all the evidences I am still nervous if we could pass.. Any opinions?

Adamajj

Apr 19, 2020
Hello,
I'm a Syrian man and my boyfriend is a permanent risedent in Canada.
We have been together for almost one year and he is planning to sponser me as a conjugal partner. I left my country (Syria) due to the danger and persecution I received for being gay, and now I'm in Malaysia.
Me and my boyfriend we can't get married here in Malaysia because of the regulations and laws.
Same-sex marriage is prohibited here and the government is so strict against the LGBTQ+
He has visited me a couple of times and he is supporting me financially and emotionally in everything.
We have everything that proves our relationship ( his flight tickets, western union money transactions, screenshots, photos, etc..)
I just wanna ask, Am I eligible for a conjugal partner sponsership?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
We have been together for almost one year and he is planning to sponser me as a conjugal partner. I left my country (Syria) due to the danger and persecution I received for being gay, and now I'm in Malaysia.
Me and my boyfriend we can't get married here in Malaysia because of the regulations and laws.
Same-sex marriage is prohibited here and the government is so strict against the LGBTQ+
He has visited me a couple of times and he is supporting me financially and emotionally in everything.
We have everything that proves our relationship ( his flight tickets, western union money transactions, screenshots, photos, etc..)
Yes - you would be eligible to apply provided you can show your relationship has been ongoing for a year or more. Is there any other evidence you can show to prove your relationship? Any joint bank accounts? Do you have friends/family who are willing to write letters to attest that your relationship is genuine.

Adamajj

Apr 19, 2020
Yes - you would be eligible to apply provided you can show your relationship has been ongoing for a year or more. Is there any other evidence you can show to prove your relationship? Any joint bank accounts? Do you have friends/family who are willing to write letters to attest that your relationship is genuine.
Thanks for your response
Actually we don't have any joint accounts, but he already asked for an authorized visa card and gave it to me when he was here in Malaysia.
I can't tell my parents about my relationship because I fled my country after they knew about my sexuality. I have a close supportive friend who can write a letter to attest my relationship is genuine.
I also have a question, Malaysia was the only country I could travel to and get a tourist visa on arrival. My visa expired and now I'm illegally here. Does that affect the conjugal partner sponsership? Or we still could apply? I also applied for the UNHCR to get help from them to be protected here in Malaysia.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response
Actually we don't have any joint accounts, but he already asked for an authorized visa card and gave it to me when he was here in Malaysia.
I can't tell my parents about my relationship because I fled my country after they knew about my sexuality. I have a close supportive friend who can write a letter to attest my relationship is genuine.
I also have a question, Malaysia was the only country I could travel to and get a tourist visa on arrival. My visa expired and now I'm illegally here. Does that affect the conjugal partner sponsership? Or we still could apply? I also applied for the UNHCR to get help from them to be protected here in Malaysia.
The fact you are in Malaysia without status may complicate your conjugal application. This may make IRCC more concerned that your relationship isn't genuine and that you are trying to find any means possible to leave where you are now and settle in Canada. I would recommend that you make sure you have a strong application when you apply and show as much evidence as you can to prove your relationship is real.

Adamajj

Apr 19, 2020
The fact you are in Malaysia without status may complicate your conjugal application. This may make IRCC more concerned that your relationship isn't genuine and that you are trying to find any means possible to leave where you are now and settle in Canada. I would recommend that you make sure you have a strong application when you apply and show as much evidence as you can to prove your relationship is real.
If I show enough evidence that our relationship is genuine and I've known him since 2012, would that help?
and if I get the UNHCR protection card, and become a refugee, does that change the fact of my status here in Malaysia?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
You need to apply for a TRV to Canada. You have no chance of approval but without the refusal, you can't show an immigration barrier to coming to Canada.