+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal partner sponsorship

jcs07

Feb 4, 2019
No, we did not. We were living with our parents. I was only 20 yrs old when I moved to Canada and was studying in the Philippines at that time.

When my partner gets approved for a TRV, then we can get married here?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
No, we did not. We were living with our parents. I was only 20 yrs old when I moved to Canada and was studying in the Philippines at that time.

When my partner gets approved for a TRV, then we can get married here?
If the partner gets approved, then you can get married in Canada and apply as a married couple.

If the TRV is denied, then you'd qualify for conjugal as you can't get married in the Philippines and the partner can't get to Canada in order to get married.

So you need to apply for a TRV either way.

Reactions: jcs07

jcs07

Feb 4, 2019
Should my partner states in the TRV application that we are planning to get married in Canada?
And when denied, that is only when I can sponsor my partner through conjugal sponsorship?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Should my partner states in the TRV application that we are planning to get married in Canada?
And when denied, that is only when I can sponsor my partner through conjugal sponsorship?
No, your partner should not state that.

jcs07

Feb 4, 2019
If getting married in Canada is only option for us why should we not indicate it in my partner’s TRV application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If getting married in Canada is only option for us why should we not indicate it in my partner’s TRV application?
Higher chance of refusal, as IRCC will know your partner likely intends to stay permanently and therefore is not a genuine visitor.

jcs07

Feb 4, 2019
Can we make my partner’s TRV application weak, so it will get denied and then we can be qualified to apply conjugal? Could that be an option for us?

Hope to hear from you guys. Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can we make my partner’s TRV application weak, so it will get denied and then we can be qualified to apply conjugal? Could that be an option for us?

Hope to hear from you guys. Thank you!
That would be pretty stupid. Conjugal apps are generally more difficult, take longer and have less chance of approval. It would be far easier for you if your partner gets approved for a TRV and you can marry or become common-law in Canada.

jcs07

Feb 4, 2019
That would be pretty stupid. Conjugal apps are generally more difficult, take longer and have less chance of approval. It would be far easier for you if your partner gets approved for a TRV and you can marry or become common-law in Canada.
Thanks for taking time answering my questions @canuck_in_uk
I appreciate it. :)

Emma ejale

Feb 5, 2019
I'm a marred man....we married for four years now and and my wife want to write the ielts exam....my question here is that....will the ielts exam cover the husband too if both of them want to mmigrate to Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm a marred man....we married for four years now and and my wife want to write the ielts exam....my question here is that....will the ielts exam cover the husband too if both of them want to mmigrate to Canada?
1. You are posting in the wrong section of the forum. You need to ask these kinds of questions in the Express Entry section.
2. The exam only covers the person who wrote it. The primary applicant needs to write a language exam.

rose2rock

Jan 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Vienna Austria
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
AOR Received.
10-04-2019
@canuck_in_uk , I just wanna know how you got the info that Conjugal takes longer time to process and less chance of approval? has anyone ever gone thru Conjugal process.? how long does conjugal take to get processed?

Reactions: OverIt

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
@canuck_in_uk , I just wanna know how you got the info that Conjugal takes longer time to process and less chance of approval? has anyone ever gone thru Conjugal process.? how long does conjugal take to get processed?
Conjugal is difficult to prove and applies in a very small percentage of cases. People often confuse conjugal with common law or even just go by the general definition of the word 'conjugal' without looking into the actual IRCC definition of it, then they proceed to apply when they obviously don't qualify, get denied, etc.

Reactions: rose2rock