+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal partner sponsorship

Kay89

Jan 1, 2018
Hello All,

I am from India, and my boyfriend is a permanent resident of Canada. We are in relationship for 5 years now. He would like to sponsor me as a conjugal partner, but we're not sure how to go about it. We did check with few consultants, where they're not really good with conjugal partner sponsorship. Can someone help us on the specifics of what proofs needs to be submitted to prove our relationship.

Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello All,

I am from India, and my boyfriend is a permanent resident of Canada. We are in relationship for 5 years now. He would like to sponsor me as a conjugal partner, but we're not sure how to go about it. We did check with few consultants, where they're not really good with conjugal partner sponsorship. Can someone help us on the specifics of what proofs needs to be submitted to prove our relationship.

Thank you.
Hi

What legal/immigration barrier prevents you from getting married or becoming common-law?

Kay89

Jan 1, 2018
Hi

What legal/immigration barrier prevents you from getting married or becoming common-law?
We're not planning to get married anytime soon because in India getting married has got lots of formalities.. Also we'll not be able to be common law partners cause we haven't lived together, since I am living with my parents and he was living with his parents. It's not possible to move in together without getting married in india.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We're not planning to get married anytime soon because in India getting married has got lots of formalities.. Also we'll not be able to be common law partners cause we haven't lived together, since I am living with my parents and he was living with his parents. It's not possible to move in together without getting married in india.
There are no legal/immigration barriers preventing you from getting married. You do not qualify as conjugal.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
So the only way is to get married or live together for a year?
Yes.
As mentioned, you do not qualify for conjugal.

Abayomi1111

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hello All,

Thank you.

You can be eligible if:

1. If you tried applying for a visitors visa and was refused? If you can show that you have applied for a visitors visa and was refused, You can use that as an immigration barriers to your living together as Common-Law Partner because he cannot leave his job in Canada to move to where u are to live with you.

2. For conjugal Partner you need to be together for 1 year to be eligible, and having been together for 5 years makes you qualify on one side. So all you need to show and prove now is the barrier to you both getting married. If you can come with good reasons why cant get married to file for spousal then you will be eligible.

You both think and table down good reasons why you cant get married now...... If you can give CIC good reasons your application will be accepted for processing, if not they will return your application that you should go and get married.

and Lastly..... you must be able to prove that your relationship has been ongoing for those 5 years without any gap. Like how many times has he visited, does he send you money often (western union or other evidence) pictures, his flight tickets, greeting cards, love letters, when he visit you evidence that you both stay together in the same apartment or house or hotel ( the bills)... among others..... you will need to gather all of this evidence for the 5 years running.

If you can do this, then you can put in application and see how it goes.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You can be eligible if:

1. If you tried applying for a visitors visa and was refused? If you can show that you have applied for a visitors visa and was refused, You can use that as an immigration barriers to your living together as Common-Law Partner because he cannot leave his job in Canada to move to where u are to live with you.

2. For conjugal Partner you need to be together for 1 year to be eligible, and having been together for 5 years makes you qualify on one side. So all you need to show and prove now is the barrier to you both getting married. If you can come with good reasons why cant get married to file for spousal then you will be eligible.

You both think and table down good reasons why you cant get married now...... If you can give CIC good reasons your application will be accepted for processing, if not they will return your application that you should go and get married.

and Lastly..... you must be able to prove that your relationship has been ongoing for those 5 years without any gap. Like how many times has he visited, does he send you money often (western union or other evidence) pictures, his flight tickets, greeting cards, love letters, when he visit you evidence that you both stay together in the same apartment or house or hotel ( the bills)... among others..... you will need to gather all of this evidence for the 5 years running.

If you can do this, then you can put in application and see how it goes.
1. Not wanting to leave a job is a personal choice, not an immigration barrier.

2. OP has already said that there is nothing preventing them from marrying beyond personal choice, so again, not a barrier.

They do not qualify as conjugal.

drkbashok

Mar 3, 2017
There are no legal/immigration barriers preventing you from getting married. You do not qualify as conjugal.
Hello,
I am an Indian man and my fiance is a Romanian man living in Romania. We are in the relationship since 2014. None of our countries allows same sex marriage and that is why I am flying to canada as a PR candidate. My application of EXP Entry is at a stage that I have been offered ITA and I am finishing all the paper works.
Because of immigration to Romania was not possible for me or it was impossible for my fiance to stay in India more than a couple of weeks everytime with tourists visa, we could never get married. We could not live together because of social stigma in both countries and financial barrier and high price for the tourist visa.

Now, does this situation make us CONJUGAL in nature? Am I eligible to apply and sponsor my fiance to come over once I fly there and get married and live there in Canada?

Your help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Best,
Kumar

drkbashok

Mar 3, 2017
Yes.
As mentioned, you do not qualify for conjugal.
Am I qualified to apply and sponsor my male-fiance from Romania? We would like to get married in Canada and live there because in both of our countries it is legally punishable to be gay. Kindly help.
THanks.
Best,
KUmar

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello,
I am an Indian man and my fiance is a Romanian man living in Romania. We are in the relationship since 2014. None of our countries allows same sex marriage and that is why I am flying to canada as a PR candidate. My application of EXP Entry is at a stage that I have been offered ITA and I am finishing all the paper works.
Because of immigration to Romania was not possible for me or it was impossible for my fiance to stay in India more than a couple of weeks everytime with tourists visa, we could never get married. We could not live together because of social stigma in both countries and financial barrier and high price for the tourist visa.

Now, does this situation make us CONJUGAL in nature? Am I eligible to apply and sponsor my fiance to come over once I fly there and get married and live there in Canada?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Kumar
No, you do not qualify as conjugal partners. Romania passport holders do not need a TRV to come to Canada, so there is nothing stopping him from coming to Canada and you getting married here, then applying for his PR as regular married spouses. For this reason alone, a conjugal app would most likely be rejected.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Kumar
As said above by Rob, there will be no barrier preventing you from marrying in Canada, so conjugal is out. Get married and apply.

jcs07

Feb 4, 2019
I am in a same-sex relationship for 7 years now.

In 2015, my family and I moved to Canada as permanent residents.

I have visited the Philippines two times since I became a permanent resident. In those visits, I lived with my partner. We don’t have property in the Philippines so; we just rented a condo for the whole period of my visits. This is our arrangement every time I go to the Philippines so, we can enjoy our time together. The duration of my visit is usually one month.

I am planning to sponsor my partner through conjugal sponsorship. We cannot be married in the Philippines. The Constitution of the Philippines does not prohibit same-sex marriage. Common-law partner sponsorship may be an option for us but the problem is if my partner can get long-stay visas to live together and meet the cohabitation requirement.

Can someone help me with the procedure of this application? Thanks in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am in a same-sex relationship for 7 years now.

In 2015, my family and I moved to Canada as permanent residents.

I have visited the Philippines two times since I became a permanent resident. In those visits, I lived with my partner. We don’t have property in the Philippines so; we just rented a condo for the whole period of my visits. This is our arrangement every time I go to the Philippines so, we can enjoy our time together. The duration of my visit is usually one month.

I am planning to sponsor my partner through conjugal sponsorship. We cannot be married in the Philippines. The Constitution of the Philippines does not prohibit same-sex marriage. Common-law partner sponsorship may be an option for us but the problem is if my partner can get long-stay visas to live together and meet the cohabitation requirement.

Can someone help me with the procedure of this application? Thanks in advance!
Did you and your partner live together for a year before you became a PR?

Before you even consider conjugal, your partner needs to apply for a TRV.