+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal partner sponsorship

Adamajj

Apr 19, 2020
I'm a Syrian guy who left his country because of so many dangerous reasons, and I have been in Malaysia for almost 7 months now. It was the only country I could travel to and get a tourist visa on arrivals for persons of my nationality. I entered the country legally, but my visa expired on December 28th, 2019.
I have been seeking help from the UNHCR in Malaysia, but still no response.

A close friend of mine whom I have know for 8 years, and he is a Permanent Resident of Canada now, has told me about the Church refugee sponsorship. (SAH)
He has been trying to help me and planning to sponsor me through that way.

I would like to know what are the requirements and Am I eligible for it?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm a Syrian guy who left his country because of so many dangerous reasons, and I have been in Malaysia for almost 7 months now. It was the only country I could travel to and get a tourist visa on arrivals for persons of my nationality. I entered the country legally, but my visa expired on December 28th, 2019.
I have been seeking help from the UNHCR in Malaysia, but still no response.

A close friend of mine whom I have know for 8 years, and he is a Permanent Resident of Canada now, has told me about the Church refugee sponsorship. (SAH)
He has been trying to help me and planning to sponsor me through that way.

I would like to know what are the requirements and Am I eligible for it?
Post in the Refugee section of the forum.

Apr 20, 2020
Having a child doesn't make you common-law. You still need the one continuous year of cohabitation.

Was your partner naturalized as a Canadian citizen before the child was born? If so, did you already apply for the child's Certificate of Canadian citizenship?
Yes he’s been naturalized canadian citizen before our child was born,. We still havent apply for our child citizenship but we’re planning it now, still asking some questions what do we need to do first to apply for my child.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes he’s been naturalized canadian citizen before our child was born,. We still havent apply for our child citizenship but we’re planning it now, still asking some questions what do we need to do first to apply for my child.
I suggest you apply ASAP for the Certificate of Citizenship. The processing can take a long time under normal circumstances, let alone during a pandemic. This is something that you guys should have sorted when the child was born. As she is now 2 years old, she can no longer get a limited validity Canadian passport before Certificate approval. You will have to wait for the Certificate to be issued in order to apply for her Canadian passport.

Apr 20, 2020
I suggest you apply ASAP for the Certificate of Citizenship. The processing can take a long time under normal circumstances, let alone during a pandemic. This is something that you guys should have sorted when the child was born. As she is now 2 years old, she can no longer get a limited validity Canadian passport before Certificate approval. You will have to wait for the Certificate to be issued in order to apply for her Canadian passport.
Can we apply it online? Because we cant go to manila right now because its lock down, but we want to process my daughter’s citizenship. Thank you for asking all my questions, if ever my child become citizen do you think it can help both of us to go to Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can we apply it online? Because we cant go to manila right now because its lock down, but we want to process my daughter’s citizenship. Thank you for asking all my questions, if ever my child become citizen do you think it can help both of us to go to Canada?
You mail the app.

Your child IS a citizen. You just need to apply for proof. The child's citizenship doesn't help you come to Canada.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hello Im from Philippines, my partner is from Canada, he’s Canadian citizen now, and we have a 2 year old daughter. We are planning to apply for conjugal because we cant marry here in the Philippines because he’s married before here, but already divorce since 2005,
when did your partner become a citizen? If he was a citizen before his divorce was finalized, the Philippines will recognize it and he is free to marry you. Just a thought.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi. I need some professional advice, guys.

I am Christian and in a 4year relationship with a Muslim guy. We both work in Middle East but cannot share household due to persecution. We cannot get married as well because his divorce case back in his home country is not yet done. Now, I am planning to apply for a Student Permit and he wants to come with me with OWP. Question: Can I still apply for him an OWP and mention our inability to cohabit due to persecution or any form of penal control as stated in IRCC?
Your question has nothing to do with the original topic. And this section is for Canadian citizens and PRs to sponsor their spouse/family/conjugal partners to become PR.

Ask your question in internation students section. But I really doubt you can get SOWP for him. Since he is NOT your spouse (not married) nor your common law partner. Even if he is, there is no guarantee that he will get SOWP for accommodating a student with study permit.