+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion about how to send PPR documents to New York VO

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
Hi all, i'm also in the same boat. I'm in the US and i'm gathering up all the documents required but there's some questions i have:
  1. Should i add my application number behind the photo ? the ircc link for photo details doesn't require this.
  2. On the TT services biometrics consent form, which one should i fill out ? The consenting to it or the one not consenting to it. i've already given my biometrics in march of last year and its completed.
  3. The two way post service is what i used, but i could only download one Fedex Tracking, which is from me to the NY address. Will they take care of the rest or should I be getting another Fedex Tracking thing to download.

Thanks guys. This is nerve wracking.
1. My photo taker (Walgreens, CVS, Walmart) wrote the name of the shop, date taken. Then you can write your full name with the IRCC application ID.
2. I also had given biometrics long time ago so all we need to do is consent form with signs on “I do not wish to provide biometrics”.
3. They will take care of the return label and the envelope.

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
1. My photo taker (Walgreens, CVS, Walmart) wrote the name of the shop, date taken. Then you can write your full name with the IRCC application ID.
2. I also had given biometrics long time ago so all we need to do is consent form with signs on “I do not wish to provide biometrics”.
3. They will take care of the return label and the envelope.
Cool thanks for all the info @larrygarry . Quick follow-up on it.

1. When you say IRCC application ID, do you mean the application ID starting with "E" or the UCI number.
  2. I'm still a bit worried about putting as do not consent because it says it might affect my application decision. Should I send the letter I got after giving my biometrics just Incase?

Thanks!

Last edited:

satishkota

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Cool thanks for all the info @larrygarry . Quick follow-up on it.

1. When you say IRCC application ID, do you mean the application ID starting with "E" or the UCI number.
  2. I'm still a bit worried about putting as do not consent because it says it might affect my application decision. Should I send the letter I got after giving my biometrics just Incase?

Thanks!
You done have to write Reference Number or UCI number on the back of the photo. IRCC doesnt say so, so most of the people here I believe did not add application number. The photographer should add their stamp and date. You should add your name and dob.

Dont send any additional documents which they are not asking for.

Also please remember to add your contact details (Name, Phone, email and return address on a piece of paper and add it in your package.) This is not mentioned in the PDF document VFS sent us in the email. But this is required in VFS website.

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
You done have to write Reference Number or UCI number on the back of the photo. IRCC doesnt say so, so most of the people here I believe did not add application number. The photographer should add their stamp and date. You should add your name and dob.

Dont send any additional documents which they are not asking for.

Also please remember to add your contact details (Name, Phone, email and return address on a piece of paper and add it in your package.) This is not mentioned in the PDF document VFS sent us in the email. But this is required in VFS website.
Hi @satishkota, thanks a lot for that info. I will definitely remember to add it. Do you remember what you had done about the biometrics page in the TT consent form ?

Thanks.

satishkota

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Hi @satishkota, thanks a lot for that info. I will definitely remember to add it. Do you remember what you had done about the biometrics page in the TT consent form ?

Thanks.
I actually checked for giving biometrics even though I have already given it. But from what I have read online later, it doesn't matter for those have already given biometrics whether you check it or not. Don't quote me on this but I have checked and signed for giving the biometrics.

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
I actually checked for giving biometrics even though I have already given it. But from what I have read online later, it doesn't matter for those have already given biometrics whether you check it or not. Don't quote me on this but I have checked and signed for giving the biometrics.
Thanks @satishkota. So you signed the section that said you need to consent to give the biometrics on the TT consent form right ?

Yea even im seeing all answers. Some say leave it empty, and i've heard both answers, so i want to know from someone whose application has been processed and do exactly what they've done.

satishkota

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Thanks @satishkota. So you signed the section that said you need to consent to give the biometrics on the TT consent form right ?

Yea even im seeing all answers. Some say leave it empty, and i've heard both answers, so i want to know from someone whose application has been processed and do exactly what they've done.
Yes. I signed it. But it shouldnt matter if you have given those already. You can leave it blank or sign the one it says I do not wish to give biometrics. Again, dont quote me on this. But that is what a lot them have been saying.

fijo123

May 4, 2022
Hi All, I received my RFV email last week. I have a few questions regarding the post PPR process. Could you please help?

1. My medical was done back in Dec 2020 and all documents were submitted in Jan 2021. They picked up my application almost after 1.5 years for processing. On the IRCC website, I see that they reviewed and passed my medical exam on April 22, 2022. Does this mean, the CoPR and visa will be valid for until April 22, 2023? or would it create any problem because it has been more than a year since the medical?

2. Also, on the consent form, there are two signatures required, right? One on second page, and then on fourth page (if you are wishing NOT to provide biometrics again).

3. Do I need to write application number on the back of the photo?

4. Our passports were renewed after we started the PR process. Not sure, which passport information do they have now. Should I send both old and new passports?

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
  1. With respe t to medical, I'm in the same case. It's expired and they issued copr. Per covid era rules it should be fine but validity of copr is also something I don't know.
  2. If you're submitting from the US and you already gave biometrics, then you don't need to sign either of the biometrics things asked. I called the cvac and confirmed.
  3. You don't need to write application number on the back.
  4. Passport renewal is something you should've informed them as soon as it was done. There's no point sending the old cause it's expired. Sending the new one makes sense but that's not the passport what you would've used to fill the forms. So I'm not sure, ask the ircc to be safe. I'd say it would be worth contacting a lawyer in this case so they can help out precisely.

fijo123

May 4, 2022
  1. With respe t to medical, I'm in the same case. It's expired and they issued copr. Per covid era rules it should be fine but validity of copr is also something I don't know.
  2. If you're submitting from the US and you already gave biometrics, then you don't need to sign either of the biometrics things asked. I called the cvac and confirmed.
  3. You don't need to write application number on the back.
  4. Passport renewal is something you should've informed them as soon as it was done. There's no point sending the old cause it's expired. Sending the new one makes sense but that's not the passport what you would've used to fill the forms. So I'm not sure, ask the ircc to be safe. I'd say it would be worth contacting a lawyer in this case so they can help out precisely.
Thanks! This really helps.

Hi All, some minor questions.
1. I wrote the details on both the photos, later realized it is supposed to be only on one photo. Is this okay? or do you suggest to get another photo?
2. I didn't see any option for SMS processing on the vfs website or the confirmation letter, like many said in this forum. Did they stop this service?
3. If there is no change in circumstances, should I email specifically saying 'there is no change' to CPC? or can I ignore it?

Thanks in advance!

rollno22

Apr 6, 2022
All -

Learnt a lot from this thread and now its time to give back.

0. My PR case was CEC inland, but we moved to US in Oct 2020 and thus updated our contact details ( via webform).
1. We received PPR on 24 Mar and we submitted our passports to VFS ( doing exactly as mentioned in their site) on 12th Apr.
2. The passports were received by IRCC in NY on 14th Apr.
3. it was radio silence for 3 weeks
4. on 3rd May, our application was approved, counterfoil generated and we received the passports with COPR and TRV stamped.

would be happy to help on any questions on the process steps.

thanks

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
All -

Learnt a lot from this thread and now its time to give back.

0. My PR case was CEC inland, but we moved to US in Oct 2020 and thus updated our contact details ( via webform).
1. We received PPR on 24 Mar and we submitted our passports to VFS ( doing exactly as mentioned in their site) on 12th Apr.
2. The passports were received by IRCC in NY on 14th Apr.
3. it was radio silence for 3 weeks
4. on 3rd May, our application was approved, counterfoil generated and we received the passports with COPR and TRV stamped.

would be happy to help on any questions on the process steps.

thanks
Congratulations! My passport is also with IRCC NY for more than a week now and was wondering what is happening, freaking out a little bit. Thanks for sharing your timeline. Looks like they are taking their own sweet time.

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
Thanks! This really helps.

Hi All, some minor questions.
1. I wrote the details on both the photos, later realized it is supposed to be only on one photo. Is this okay? or do you suggest to get another photo?
2. I didn't see any option for SMS processing on the vfs website or the confirmation letter, like many said in this forum. Did they stop this service?
3. If there is no change in circumstances, should I email specifically saying 'there is no change' to CPC? or can I ignore it?

Thanks in advance!
Answering your questions below:
1. I think that you do not need to waste a photo. You can write the details on both photos. I did too and VFS VAC accepted both photos without any issues.
2. Details about SMS service is on the Additional Services page. I’m not sure if you need to send the money for that SMS service with an explanation letter via a money order. But, in my opinion, if you have a smartphone or can reach your email inbox, SMS service does not provide any additional benefits.
3. Yeah, the PPR email says that we must let them know about any change in circumstances. If nothing changed between the time you submitted your application and PPR email, then I think no need to send them an email.

* I am not an immigration lawyer. Please do not construe my messages as a legal advice.

fijo123

May 4, 2022
Answering your questions below:
1. I think that you do not need to waste a photo. You can write the details on both photos. I did too and VFS VAC accepted both photos without any issues.
2. Details about SMS service is on the Additional Services page. I’m not sure if you need to send the money for that SMS service with an explanation letter via a money order. But, in my opinion, if you have a smartphone or can reach your email inbox, SMS service does not provide any additional benefits.
3. Yeah, the PPR email says that we must let them know about any change in circumstances. If nothing changed between the time you submitted your application and PPR email, then I think no need to send them an email.

* I am not an immigration lawyer. Please do not construe my messages as a legal advice.
Thanks a lot!!

fijo123

May 4, 2022
Hi All,
I had sent two packages (Myself and my dependent) to NewYork VAC. But I received only one email so far, saying "Your application, tracking ID No. YYYYMMDDUSNYPKTXXXXX been dispatched to the IRCC Office, on 'Date' for processing.". Will I receive another tracking ID for the second package?

Also I don't see any update on IRCC website so far

Thanks
Fibi Johns