+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusing Overseas Citizenship of India OCI

MKJ

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
lifesocoool said:
You guys are right!! field "19" does say the category - mine PV2 there. I can't believe I missed seeing it last night. Thanks guys
Hi lifesocoool,

While on it, you must have researched, quick question for you, during the oath ceremony do they take your PR card? If not, if one wishes to travel to India immediately after oath ceremony, can they still travel with Indian Passport and PR card and then do the procedure for Canadian Passport + OCI after returning from India.

Thank You

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
MKJ said:
Hi lifesocoool,

While on it, you must have researched, quick question for you, during the oath ceremony do they take your PR card? If not, if one wishes to travel to India immediately after oath ceremony, can they still travel with Indian Passport and PR card and then do the procedure for Canadian Passport + OCI after returning from India.

Thank You
They do take your PR card away, so you'll need to get a Canadian passport and Indian visa to travel.

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i still don't get it ...

lets say i completed my oath and they took my pr and all other stuff

before i give my canadian oath

what do i copy/scan and keep it with me to make it easy when start headbutt with indian BLShit?

step by step on this one please ...

1 .get ready for oath after you get invite letter
2..copy some of the documents for your future use ???//what are those.??
3. go for the oath
4.get oath certificate the same day .
5.wait for 2 days and then apply for canadian passort ..wait for one more day and apply for Enhanced Drivers Licence for cross country runs .
6.wait for three weeks untill you get your canadian passport .
7. apply for your surrender after that ???? or oci after that?

step by step please ...i find my self dumb when i read stuff on BLShit website ..

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
c0mputer said:
i still don't get it ...

lets say i completed my oath and they took my pr and all other stuff

before i give my canadian oath

what do i copy/scan and keep it with me to make it easy when start headbutt with indian BL*censored word*?

step by step on this one please ...

1 .get ready for oath after you get invite letter
2..copy some of the documents for your future use ???//what are those.??
3. go for the oath
4.get oath certificate the same day .
5.wait for 2 days and then apply for canadian passort ..wait for one more day and apply for Enhanced Drivers Licence for cross country runs .
6.wait for three weeks untill you get your canadian passport .
7. apply for your surrender after that ???? or oci after that?

step by step please ...i find my self dumb when i read stuff on BL*censored word* website ..
Agree, I think we need to build a robot to decipher what's on their website. From what I understand, you have to get the surrender certificate first, then submit that as supporting documentation for OCI. Complicated process, I don't understand why they can't make it simple !