+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CONFIRMATION PR PORTAL OUTSIDE CANADA

Jul 29, 2021
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I am looking to travel via third country to canada before my work permit expires . That is why I wanted to know If I am refused entry because I only have a few days left on my wp nothing will happen to my application right?
Hi , were you able to travel to Canada to confirm your PR status. Am in similar situation, I have got an email to register on portal. However,am outside canada and my workpermit and Visa have expired. Am unable to travel to Canada to confirm my PR status.

Please let me know if there is any way out of this.

Reactions: reddys

leenak

Aug 5, 2021
Hello All ,

I got IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal email , which ask me to confirm if i live in Canada . I do live in Canada but currently came for visit to USA , what to do in this case . It didn't ask for physically present right , I think can confirm I live in Canada and provide my address

blue5

Aug 13, 2021
Hello All ,

I got IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal email , which ask me to confirm if i live in Canada . I do live in Canada but currently came for visit to USA , what to do in this case . It didn't ask for physically present right , I think can confirm I live in Canada and provide my address
I am in the same situation but in the first email I wrote that I am currently outside of Canada - just travelling.

Can you keep us posted what happened in your case?

Thanks.

leonie024

Aug 1, 2021
Hello,

I am in a similar situation, applying from UK and PR confirmation portal have told me they cannot process my application unless I am in Canada.

They offered an alternative:

'Alternatively, if you are to remain overseas for many months, we can transfer your file to the local mission for finalization and COPR issuance. Please advise.'

Does anyone know how long this is likely to take?

I have a valid work permit which expires in December so I can travel to Canada but I cannot work there as the job my visa is tied to has closed :( I am working in the UK while I wait for my PR to be approved. I don't want to travel to Canada and then be unemployed waiting weeks/months to complete my PR but also don't want to wait months here for them to confirm.

Please can someone advise??

pfrazillio

Aug 22, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon ! I really appreciate all the help you are providing here.

I applied directly from Brazil, so my application was outland since the beginning/submission. Strangely, I received the Portal e-mail (which is meant for inland only). I let them know that I was in Brazil and they answer "please inform immigration when you are back in Canada so your portals can be created". Based on @leonie024 comment above, they could have offered me another option but for some reason they did not.

My current situation is:
- My exams for PR will expire on March 18, 2022.
- I do not intend to permanently go back to Canada right now as I currently have a good job here in Brazil. I do plan to move back to Canada in 2-3 years.
- I have a WP valid until November 2022 but my wife is currently a tourist (since her WP expired in May 2021). As of now, I don't think she can enter Canada.

In a previous comment, you mentioned "Alternatively, if you do not intend to return, you can inform IRCC and when the travel restrictions are eased, you will be sent a PPR to submit your passport for COPR and visa.". Also, the IRCC website says that: "If you hold a valid (not expired) Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and visa, you can travel to Canada as of June 21, 2021.

You must also:

• be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary) and
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days"
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Based on the information above, I could only enter Canada with a COPR and visa IF I am going back to Canada to settle permanently, which is not my intention right now.

I am confused about what I should do now. Since I am not desperate to go back to Canada, I am just using the time for my favor and waiting for the IRCC to contact me again with the options I have and the next steps for each option. But at the same time, I am afraid that they will not contact me as they have many applications to process and they "did their part" in my application by sending me the Portal e-mail and they are now waiting for me to go back to Canada so my portals can be created.

Should me and my wife just wait for tourist traveling restrictions to be eased so we can enter Canada as tourists and finish the process using the Portal?
OR
Should we wait for the "settle permanently" rule to disappear, then contact IRCC and ask for them to issue COPR and visa? In that case, will I be able to travel to Canada, get the PR, and come back to Brazil right after getting the PR Card?

Again, I really appreciate all the help you are providing here.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ! I really appreciate all the help you are providing here.

I applied directly from Brazil, so my application was outland since the beginning/submission. Strangely, I received the Portal e-mail (which is meant for inland only). I let them know that I was in Brazil and they answer "please inform immigration when you are back in Canada so your portals can be created". Based on @leonie024 comment above, they could have offered me another option but for some reason they did not.

My current situation is:
- My exams for PR will expire on March 18, 2022.
- I do not intend to permanently go back to Canada right now as I currently have a good job here in Brazil. I do plan to move back to Canada in 2-3 years.
- I have a WP valid until November 2022 but my wife is currently a tourist (since her WP expired in May 2021). As of now, I don't think she can enter Canada.

In a previous comment, you mentioned "Alternatively, if you do not intend to return, you can inform IRCC and when the travel restrictions are eased, you will be sent a PPR to submit your passport for COPR and visa.". Also, the IRCC website says that: "If you hold a valid (not expired) Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and visa, you can travel to Canada as of June 21, 2021.

You must also:

• be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary) and
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 days"
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Based on the information above, I could only enter Canada with a COPR and visa IF I am going back to Canada to settle permanently, which is not my intention right now.

I am confused about what I should do now. Since I am not desperate to go back to Canada, I am just using the time for my favor and waiting for the IRCC to contact me again with the options I have and the next steps for each option. But at the same time, I am afraid that they will not contact me as they have many applications to process and they "did their part" in my application by sending me the Portal e-mail and they are now waiting for me to go back to Canada so my portals can be created.

Should me and my wife just wait for tourist traveling restrictions to be eased so we can enter Canada as tourists and finish the process using the Portal?
OR
Should we wait for the "settle permanently" rule to disappear, then contact IRCC and ask for them to issue COPR and visa? In that case, will I be able to travel to Canada, get the PR, and come back to Brazil right after getting the PR Card?

Again, I really appreciate all the help you are providing here.
first of there is nothing as inland or outland under the immigration law. Based on where you reside, IRCC will send PPR/COPR etc.

If you were in Canada and did not change your address on file, that is why you sent the e-COPR. Ideally, you have to update your address so that the COPR can be issued to you based on your country of residence.

What you may opt for between the two options you have will depend on your individual circumstances. If you do enter Canada as a tourist, it can take a few days to a few weeks for the COPR to be issued based on your individual circumstances and IRCC's workload.

Alternatively, you can just wait and as and when the travel restrictions are lifted you can inform IRCC so that the PPR can be sent to you, you can then travel to Canada to get your PR card and return back.

Ayush1906

Sep 14, 2021
Hello all ,
Same situation - PR - cec applicant
Recieved pr portal email -14 sept,2021
But in india since nov,2020 and no visa to return to canada as i was on implied status when i left and trv expired on - 31may2020
. So i sent the reply to pr portal email that i am in india and wrote a brief explanation and requested to transfer my file to delhi visa office so i can get PPR request. Awaiting their reply.

can anybody share timeline here after this ..??
@legalfalcon hey buddy.. just in case if you are aware of the further procedure and timeline .. plz shed some light..
Thanks

Ayush1906

Sep 14, 2021
Hi , were you able to travel to Canada to confirm your PR status. Am in similar situation, I have got an email to register on portal. However,am outside canada and my workpermit and Visa have expired. Am unable to travel to Canada to confirm my PR status.

Hey how did you proceed further.. did you inform them the same ^. Have they initiated your ppr process from indian visa office ?
thanks

Ayush1906

Sep 14, 2021

Hey @Gopinath Rajan

Hey how did you proceed further.. did you inform them the same ^. Have they initiated your ppr process from indian visa office ?
thanks

Ayush1906

Sep 14, 2021
Hi @Gopinath Rajan, Ayush1906,
I am in the same situation, have you got any details for initiating PPR from India?
Thanks,
No reply from the pr portal yet and i raised the web form regarding the same and they just replied that the details have been forwarded to the officer responsible for the file. But i do not see anything moving as of yet.. neither on the cic portal nor any email from their side..
@sajinsv did you already replied to them that u are outside canada and if yes then when did you reply ?
Thanks in advance

Usha_R

May 25, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon. Need your help. I am CEC PR inland primary applicant and biometrics and medical have been passed in my profile for both me and my Outland spouse. I intend to travel to India next week for a month's time and return to Canada on work permit and TRV which is expiring in Jan 2022.

1) Will there be any issue if i receive PR Portal request mail while I am in India? Will my work permit & TRV get invalidated due to portal request mail?
What will be the implications if I reply I am outside Canada?

2) My spouse also has a valid work permit and TRV to enter Canada currently and is planning to come to Canada in Nov 2021. Will his work permit and TRV be void if PPR is received for PR visa?

Kindly respond.

Reactions: BC_CEC_Aspirant

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
No reply from the pr portal yet and i raised the web form regarding the same and they just replied that the details have been forwarded to the officer responsible for the file. But i do not see anything moving as of yet.. neither on the cic portal nor any email from their side..
@sajinsv did you already replied to them that u are outside canada and if yes then when did you reply ?
Thanks in advance
Hello,

I am in the same situation as you. Received Portal email on August 20th and i replied and received no response. I followed up and also received no response. I raised 2 webforms and received two replies, which I believe to be automatic responses telling me if its not regarding afghanistan or change in situation, to not expect a reply. Did you also receive these automatic replies before you received a reply telling you information has been forwarded to officer responsible? If so, how long after raising webform did you receive a reply saying the information has been forwarded?

sajinsv

Sep 24, 2019
Thanks in advance
Hi,
I received an email from an IRCC officer, and I explained I am currently in India with no option to travel before my work permit expires and requested PPR.
But they just responded saying Dont worry, just let us know when you are back in Canada.
Not sure how to proceed from here. I will send another email explaining the situation.

Novocky

Oct 5, 2021
Hi,

For those who used the new PR portal to confirm status.

Does the portal have an expiry?

I am currently temporarily visiting Australia, and sure enough 16 months after I submitted my application I finally get the PR confirmation portal email.

However, i can't confirm being in Canada, so I'm planning to return on our BOWP and then confirm my presence in Canada to activate my PR.

I will be travelling back in about 4-6 weeks.

Anyone else been in a similar situation?

I'll try call IRCC, however it's the weekend and it's a pain in the ass contacting them from within Canada, let alone from outside Canada.

@legalfalcon any words of wisdom?

Cheers
Hi,

For those who used the new PR portal to confirm status.

Does the portal have an expiry?

I am currently temporarily visiting Australia, and sure enough 16 months after I submitted my application I finally get the PR confirmation portal email.

However, i can't confirm being in Canada, so I'm planning to return on our BOWP and then confirm my presence in Canada to activate my PR.

I will be travelling back in about 4-6 weeks.

Anyone else been in a similar situation?

I'll try call IRCC, however it's the weekend and it's a pain in the ass contacting them from within Canada, let alone from outside Canada.

@legalfalcon any words of wisdom?

Cheers
Hey, did you find out the answer? How did you solve it? I’m in the same situation