+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of PR

Tinytown

Aug 26, 2019
I am confused about the next step after receiving COPR. I am an in-land applicant. In the COPR, I am asked to send photos, and the copr doc to the processing office to get PR card. But I see many people sending their passport for PR VISA! Do inland applicants need to submit their passport for pr visa and when? Please help me clear my confusion. Thank you very much.

Kaur257S

Jun 7, 2020
I am confused about the next step after receiving COPR. I am an in-land applicant. In the COPR, I am asked to send photos, and the copr doc to the processing office to get PR card. But I see many people sending their passport for PR VISA! Do inland applicants need to submit their passport for pr visa and when? Please help me clear my confusion. Thank you very much.
I also received a letter from Cic Etobicoke and i m supposed to send my photo and the copy of letter. I guess they are skipping the landing process. Everyone’s getting this letter. I don’t think we are supposed to send our passports.

Reactions: nasikan

nasikan

May 16, 2017
I received an email that I'm a PR now. I only have to send my COPR with a photo to Montreal.
Good luck to all who are waiting.

nasikan

May 16, 2017
I received my COPR's physical copy with my passport. I have to send it to CIC Montreal for the PR card

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Congratulations everyone.

MiladMech

Jun 16, 2020
AOR Received.
27-08-2019
Passport Req..
08-02-2020
Hi,

We were passport requested before the COVID situation but could not send the passports because we were overseas. When we returned to Canada we sent our passports but the passports were sent back to us with a letter that said they had not made a decision yet. Tow days later we received letters in our CIC account that said we were permanent residents and we should send our CoPR and photo to an address to get our PR cards. However, we do not have the CoPR. What happened to our CoPRs? Are we going to receive them?
If anyone has experienced a similar situation please advise.

Thanks

PREEMA3107

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
I am in a very different situation. I was the primary applicant on the file, took a flight from India and landed on 15th March and got my COPR stamped however my husband who was the dependent on the file was already in Canada on a student permit did not receive his COPR until April 28th from CIC Ottawa. His COPR exipred on 5th of May 2020. I have been raising a lot of forms and written a lot of mails requesting landing appointment or any further steps but until now I have not received any replies. What should I do to get his landing appointment

PREEMA3107

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
I am in a very different situation. I was the primary applicant on the file, took a flight from India and landed on 15th March and got my COPR stamped however my husband who was the dependent on the file was already in Canada on a student permit did not receive his COPR until April 28th from CIC Ottawa. His COPR exipred on 5th of May 2020. I have been raising a lot of forms and written a lot of mails requesting landing appointment or any further steps but until now I have not received any replies. What should I do to get his landing appointment. Any help or advice is appreciated

jjfty

Jun 9, 2017
Same with me. Can you share me what happened to your case after submitting the photo and the letter? Thanks

JanieLiu

Aug 1, 2019
Some inland applicants received PPR (short for passport request) which means they need to send their passport to Ottawa in order to get the landing letter (COPR). However, some received COPR directly. Due to Covid, their COPR announces "Congratulations! You are a PR of Canada!" without having to do a landing interview. So the day they receive COPR is the day they become PR. They need to do what is told on their COPR, which is sending a photo to the office that issued them the COPR in order to produce the initial PR card. The processing time of the initial PR card, unfortunately, is 4 months after the office receives the photo.

During the wait, the applicant can go to their CIC account to link their PR card application by matching their personal information in the system, so they can monitor the processing of the PR card. When the processing is about to end, first they receive a ghost update in their account, which means their card info is sent to Sydney, NS for printing. One or two days later, a message in CIC account appears as "we sent out your PR card by mail". Then depending on where the applicant is, the mailing takes a day to a week.