+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of PR

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Did anyone recently receive a letter from CIC-Ottawa stating that they are now a permanent resident after receiving COPR and was unable to travel due to being inland ? I receive a letter today that is valid for 1 year. I need to submit my pic and copy of the letter to receive my PR card. So I guess my landing formality would be skipped. Just curious.

JanieLiu

Aug 1, 2019
Yesterday I saw someone posted an email from CIC saying 'Congradulations! You are a PR now!' and the landing process can be skipped. The person mailed their passport at the beginning of March and received COPR and their passport at the end of march, but their COPR is said to be invalid due to no official signature. They can just wait to receive their PR card without a valid COPR. Did you receive COPR before?

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Yesterday I saw someone posted an email from CIC saying 'Congradulations! You are a PR now!' and the landing process can be skipped. The person mailed their passport at the beginning of March and received COPR and their passport at the end of march, but their COPR is said to be invalid due to no official signature. They can just wait to receive their PR card without a valid COPR. Did you receive COPR before?
Yea I got my COPR in January. My trip was for April but I had to cancel and today I got that email to send that letter and a pic for my PR card

JanieLiu

Aug 1, 2019
Yea I got my COPR in January. My trip was for April but I had to cancel and today I got that email to send that letter and a pic for my PR card
By trip, do you mean landing appointment for inland applicants? Why was it scheduled three months after your COPR? Usually it is scheduled a month after receiving COPR. Now it seems clear that cic is issuing such emails for inland applicants who have received COPR that they can skip the landing process and wait for their PR card.

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
By trip, do you mean landing appointment for inland applicants? Why was it scheduled three months after your COPR? Usually it is scheduled a month after receiving COPR. Now it seems clear that cic is issuing such emails for inland applicants who have received COPR that they can skip the landing process and wait for their PR card.
My COPR is valid until Aug. I didn’t book a landing interview because I had a trip in April and I decided that I would just complete the process then. My medical doesn’t expire until August so maybe that’s why my COPR/Visa validity is so long.

JanieLiu

Aug 1, 2019
My COPR is valid until Aug. I didn’t book a landing interview because I had a trip in April and I decided that I would just complete the process then. My medical doesn’t expire until August so maybe that’s why my COPR/Visa validity is so long.
Alright. Thank you for explaining.

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, where did you see that email?

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Did anyone recently receive a letter from CIC-Ottawa stating that they are now a permanent resident after receiving COPR and was unable to travel due to being inland ? I receive a letter today that is valid for 1 year. I need to submit my pic and copy of the letter to receive my PR card. So I guess my landing formality would be skipped. Just curious.
hi, what is your visa office? Was the copr you received in your account signed already?

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Hi, where did you receive this letter? is it through mail or through your cic account?

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi, where did you receive this letter? is it through mail or through your cic account?
I just re-read my letter again. I need to send in my COPR with a pic to get my PR card. My pic is still valid so I’ll mail it in. In the mean time, I can use this letter to prove I’m a PR. So yea they skipped the landing. Yesterday I got an email and today they sent the same letter in my account

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
I just re-read my letter again. I need to send in my COPR with a pic to get my PR card. My pic is still valid so I’ll mail it in. In the mean time, I can use this letter to prove I’m a PR. So yea they skipped the landing. Yesterday I got an email and today they sent the same letter in my account
I Just received the letter! Such a release!!! I have CoPR with me and it has one photo on it. Should I take another photo?

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
I Just received the letter! Such a release!!! I have CoPR with me and it has one photo on it. Should I take another photo?
If it’s still valid, within the 6 months you can use it. I’m using the one I had attached to my COPR too. Plus everywhere really is closed.

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
If it’s still valid, within the 6 months you can use it. I’m using the one I had attached to my COPR too. Plus everywhere really is closed.
Thank you! Another question: do I send both the IRCC copy and the client copy? Do I need to sign it?