+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of PR

DaChui

Mar 21, 2020
Guys, just got an email from CIC-Etobicoke-Landings, said that

"Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. We kindly ask that you read the letter carefully and follow the instructions concerning obtaining your permanent residence card(s) as well as applying for other government services. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! Please note that if you have a MY-CIC online account you may receive this letter twice. *** IRCC-Etobicoke – Landings Unit*** "

Is this legit? it's not from the generic CIC email address, but from CIC-Etobicoke-Landings@cic.gc.ca

Did any of you receive something like this?

Reactions: Kaur257S

fara81

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020

"Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. We kindly ask that you read the letter carefully and follow the instructions concerning obtaining your permanent residence card(s) as well as applying for other government services. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! Please note that if you have a MY-CIC online account you may receive this letter twice. *** IRCC-Etobicoke – Landings Unit*** "

Is this legit? it's not from the generic CIC email address, but from CIC-Etobicoke-Landings@cic.gc.ca

Congratulation, Can you please share your timeline? Did you have interview schedule?

Reactions: Pgill2609

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020

Congrats! That should be the same letter we received!

Apr 29, 2020
Hi guys,
What happens after the reception of documents from RCIC? They have called me today to communicate something.
Any of you can tell me why? What would it be about?

Apr 29, 2020
Hi guys,
I am confused about Canadian VISA application. Yesterday, my agent told me that my documents avaluation by RCIC Canadian PR was approved. But, my concern is that i will have to pay more $ 1500 for visa application, is that right?

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hi guys,
I am confused about Canadian VISA application. Yesterday, my agent told me that my documents avaluation by RCIC Canadian PR was approved. But, my concern is that i will have to pay more $ 1500 for visa application, is that right?
Not sure what you are concerning about. You already applied for PR and paid the fees. That already include any PRV attached to your passport if you need a visa to enter Canada. Why would you need another $1500?

tpraveen.acc

Mar 4, 2020
Hi guys, I just recieved my passports with COPR, my timelines are below
Passports sent to Ottawa- 16th March,
Received passports - today- 19th May. My question is i havent received any procedural document on confirming PR and apply for PR cards.
This letter i will get it after few days of getting COPR?

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hi guys, I just recieved my passports with COPR, my timelines are below
Passports sent to Ottawa- 16th March,
Received passports - today- 19th May. My question is i havent received any procedural document on confirming PR and apply for PR cards.
This letter i will get it after few days of getting COPR?
For most people, there's no way but to wait at the moment... I assume the approval date on your CoPR is after Mar 18 so you are not exempted from travel restrictions. You can send web form to IRCC for better guidance. If you are inside Canada, ask for a phone interview and see what can happen.