+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of PR

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are they going to send me back the client copy since this is also a requirement for citizenship? I assume, I do not have to sign both copies yet, right?
I believe the client copy will be sent back to you. My advice is to sign both copies before sending them out, as the copy with your picture will not be returned.

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
My CoPR has been delivered to IRCC office (mine is in Ottawa) today. Haven't heard anything yet. I'm wondering if we could track our PR card status online?

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
My CoPR has been delivered to IRCC office (mine is in Ottawa) today. Haven't heard anything yet. I'm wondering if we could track our PR card status online?
Also mailed to the Ottawa office today. I doubt we can track PR card.

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi. Just like to share an update. On my cic account they changed counterfoil status to invalid and entered copr as valid. I called ircc earlier, waited for 23 mins to get through and asked what that update in my account meant. He checked it for a while and told me that I am already a permanent resident. I told him I did not receive any email confirming it, so he said he will email etobicoke office cause that’s where I’m supposed to have the landing appointment. He said that it’s his first time seeing this situation, i.e skipped the phone interview. He even said that my pr card processing is on going. So I asked what photo will they use cause I only submitted them an online copy during my express entry application. He told me to just wait for their email for further instruction. My Copr is expiring on June 9, 2020.

so it seems that every office does it differently. I am not sure if they considered my case as urgent because it’s near expiry.
Will update again once I’ve received instruction for Pr card processing.

dg88912

Mar 6, 2020
Hi. Just like to share an update. On my cic account they changed counterfoil status to invalid and entered copr as valid. I called ircc earlier, waited for 23 mins to get through and asked what that update in my account meant. He checked it for a while and told me that I am already a permanent resident. I told him I did not receive any email confirming it, so he said he will email etobicoke office cause that’s where I’m supposed to have the landing appointment. He said that it’s his first time seeing this situation, i.e skipped the phone interview. He even said that my pr card processing is on going. So I asked what photo will they use cause I only submitted them an online copy during my express entry application. He told me to just wait for their email for further instruction. My Copr is expiring on June 9, 2020.

so it seems that every office does it differently. I am not sure if they considered my case as urgent because it’s near expiry.
Will update again once I’ve received instruction for Pr card processing.
I am in the same situation. They told me that I have already become a permanent resident. But I have done nothing.

Reactions: Kaur257S

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
To those who submitted their CoPR back, did you guys submitted another photo, or the photo attached in the CoPR good enough as long as it is recent (taken within the last 6 months)?

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
I wanted to use the letter we received as a proof of my status to apply for a program in a college, but they don't admit it as an official proof. I'm so disappointed... I don't what should I do...

fara81

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
I wanted to use the letter we received as a proof of my status to apply for a program in a college, but they don't admit it as an official proof. I'm so disappointed... I don't what should I do...
What did you do for proofing the PR by email? My application approved on Monday and waiting to get the CoPR and passport.

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
What did you do for proofing the PR by email? My application approved on Monday and waiting to get the CoPR and passport.
I already received my CoPR and passport. Some people (including me) in this thread received a letter from IRCC office stating that we've completed our PR process without landing or interview. Please refer to our previous conversations.

Reactions: fara81