+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of PR

raj5052

Mar 21, 2020
I have sent one copy of COPR and a photo to IRCC. Kept one copy to myself just in case. The letter from IRCC did not say us to sign on COPR,so we should be good

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
I just sent my COPR (both 2 pages) and photo in the morning... I didn't keep a copy of COPR with me... so nervous now, lol.
I don't know what's the next step would be... Anyone heard anything from IRCC?
From the letter you posted on another thread, I guess you are already deemed to be landed when you received that email. And the copy of the email can be used as a temporary PR card for one year. So there's no rush now and you should keep in contact with IRCC for later steps if they ask you to do anything, like when is the good time to get a new SIN, etc. But you should have already become PR in my understanding.

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
I didn't sign on my COPR, in the letter it didn't ask me to, lol. Do I need to sign? I don't know...
Anyways, I already sent out the COPR and 1 photo... I think I'll sign after it's back then.
Hi. In your letter, did it say "If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above."? This is what I received. Do you send both pages? Thanks.

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hi. In your letter, did it say "If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above."? This is what I received. Do you send both pages? Thanks.
I think the contents we received are the same, except the office address. I already sent out both of the pages. Normally will an immigration officer sign on both pages? I don't know... I have no copies with me now, which makes me a bit nervous. But according to the letter, we're now PR if we have this letter and a travel document (I think it's passport?). It doesn't say that we need a CoPR paper to confirm our PR status now.

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
I think the contents we received are the same, except the office address. I already sent out both of the pages. Normally will an immigration officer sign on both pages? I don't know... I have no copies with me now, which makes me a bit nervous. But according to the letter, we're now PR if we have this letter and a travel document (I think it's passport?). It doesn't say that we need a CoPR paper to confirm our PR status now.
I emailed IRCC Ottawa. They didn’t reply. I might mail both pages. I guess they will send back client copy afterwards.

Lin_Yu89

Apr 24, 2020
Hi guys,

For those who have have been able to confirm their PR, what is the current status of your counterfoil document on MyCIC account.

I'm worried because mine was updated to "Your document is invalid" 2 days ago. I noticed that there is also a new document called "Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)" which has a status of "Your document is valid". I am still awaiting the phone call/email but I'm not sure if I should worried or if this is a good sign since the counterfoil document or temp visas are usually cancelled after landing.

Please let me know.

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Thank you! Another question: do I send both the IRCC copy and the client copy? Do I need to sign it?
I called and the agent said I didn’t have to sign since it didn’t give me any instructions to. I’ll be keeping the client copy. When my friend landed the officer only took their copy and that’s the one they both signed but the client copy

Reactions: harrysummer

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called and the agent said I didn’t have to sign since it didn’t give me any instructions to. I’ll be keeping the client copy. When my friend landed the officer only took their copy and that’s the one they both signed but the client copy
You should understand that the client copy is also supposed to be signed and stamped by the officer. You should’ve sent it too.

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Hi guys, i recived the magic email today confirming my PR. Now, I am confuse if i should send both copies or keep one for myself. Lol.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Hi guys, i recived the magic email today confirming my PR. Now, I am confuse if i should send both copies or keep one for myself. Lol.
Congratulations.. Did you receive it today on Sunday on Friday? Also, did you request for landing interview?

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I posted above, your copy still has to be signed and stamped, so send both.

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
You should understand that the client copy is also supposed to be signed and stamped by the officer. You should’ve sent it too.
I didn’t send mine as yet because every time I went post office was closed . I will sign both and send both them. Thanks

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Hi guys,

For those who have have been able to confirm their PR, what is the current status of your counterfoil document on MyCIC account.

I'm worried because mine was updated to "Your document is invalid" 2 days ago. I noticed that there is also a new document called "Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)" which has a status of "Your document is valid". I am still awaiting the phone call/email but I'm not sure if I should worried or if this is a good sign since the counterfoil document or temp visas are usually cancelled after landing.

Please let me know.
Hello, I just checked my IRCC account, and mine are both valid.
Congratulations.. Did you receive it today on Sunday on Friday? Also, did you request for landing interview?
I received it yesterday (Sunday). And yes, I request a landing interview through webform last Saturday.

As I posted above, your copy still has to be signed and stamped, so send both.
Are they going to send me back the client copy since this is also a requirement for citizenship? I assume, I do not have to sign both copies yet, right?