+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of PR

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
I received it half an hour ago. I received an email saying there's a new message about my application, then I logged in my cic account and see this letter.
what’s your visa office? So the instruction on the letter says to sign one of the copr then send it with a picture to their office in Ottawa? In order to process pr card? Is that correct?

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
what’s your visa office? So the instruction on the letter says to sign one of the copr then send it with a picture to their office in Ottawa? In order to process pr card? Is that correct?
My visa office is Sydney. I'm not 100% sure about what I need to send them. I'm calling to ask now.

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
Call centre agent said she's not sure about how we send back CoPR (one page or both). I emailed my local city office to ask what I should send.

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Call centre agent said she's not sure about how we send back CoPR (one page or both). I emailed my local city office to ask what I should send.
They could have included the instructions on the letter. Pls update here if you have received a response

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
From another forum. It was for an applicant who has already received COPR and their passport back. But they do not have to send back their COPR or photos. They just wait to receive their PR card.
From my conversation with another person, each local office is handling it in a different manner.

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Did anyone recently receive a letter from CIC-Ottawa stating that they are now a permanent resident after receiving COPR and was unable to travel due to being inland ? I receive a letter today that is valid for 1 year. I need to submit my pic and copy of the letter to receive my PR card. So I guess my landing formality would be skipped. Just curious.
Hi. What is your visa office?

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
By trip, do you mean landing appointment for inland applicants? Why was it scheduled three months after your COPR? Usually it is scheduled a month after receiving COPR. Now it seems clear that cic is issuing such emails for inland applicants who have received COPR that they can skip the landing process and wait for their PR card.
If this is true, it's definitely a great news for inland applicants!

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Wow, congratulations to those who received an email. I got my CoPR around the same time with you guys, but I haven't received any mail. This is making me nervous now :(

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
I just sent my COPR (both 2 pages) and photo in the morning... I didn't keep a copy of COPR with me... so nervous now, lol.
I don't know what's the next step would be... Anyone heard anything from IRCC?

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
I just sent my COPR (both 2 pages) and photo in the morning... I didn't keep a copy of COPR with me... so nervous now, lol.
I don't know what's the next step would be... Anyone heard anything from IRCC?
did you sign both of the copr? How many photo did you send?