+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)

beaudetteful

Oct 17, 2011
Hi!
I've got my Permanent residence in canada visa and a COPR. My home country is Philippines. I'm currently living in qatar, I have the plan to go back to the philippines and stay there until my flight schedule to canada. In my COPR my Country of Birth is Philippines and in my Country of residence it's written Qatar. Will this affect my COPR and visa if I will come from Philippines going to canada? And also why is it in my COPR there's a note written on it that it is "Not valid for travel."?

Please somebody help me...

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
For first landing you need PR visa on your passport and COPR. In the future you will need PR card or PRTD to enter Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
beaudetteful said:
I've got my Permanent residence in canada visa and a COPR. My home country is Philippines. I'm currently living in qatar, I have the plan to go back to the philippines and stay there until my flight schedule to canada. In my COPR my Country of Birth is Philippines and in my Country of residence it's written Qatar. Will this affect my COPR and visa if I will come from Philippines going to canada? And also why is it in my COPR there's a note written on it that it is "Not valid for travel."?
Hi

It doesn't matter where you fly from.

Every COPR states that. It simply means it cannot be used in place of a valid travel document.

beaudetteful

Oct 17, 2011
I'm quite anxious because in my COPR there's a note "Not Valid for travel." Why and What does it mean? And also if I will travel from philippines to canada it will not affect my visa and COPR because in my Country of Residence is Qatar not Philippines.

zenghi

Oct 29, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-05-01-2015
Med's Done....
-10-01-2015
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
beaudetteful said:
Hi!
I've got my Permanent residence in canada visa and a COPR. My home country is Philippines. I'm currently living in qatar, I have the plan to go back to the philippines and stay there until my flight schedule to canada. In my COPR my Country of Birth is Philippines and in my Country of residence it's written Qatar. Will this affect my COPR and visa if I will come from Philippines going to canada?
you can travel from any country to Canada.
And also why is it in my COPR there's a note written on it that it is "Not valid for travel."?
copr is not valid for travel as it just confirms your permanent resident ststus. The single entry visa in your passport is valid for your first travel to Canada. For subsequent travels you will have to show the PR card which you will receive in few months after landing and will be valid for travel.
Please somebody help me...