AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
Hi guys, so after the 2 years does you have to give cic proof in order to get full PR? Or are they going to be visiting very often? I'm worry because my husband will be staying in Vancouver some months to spend time with his mom who is very sick and i'll be studying in Toronto full Time so can't go with him.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Lovelycomplex said:
Hi guys, so after the 2 years does you have to give cic proof in order to get full PR? Or are they going to be visiting very often? I'm worry because my husband will be staying in Vancouver some months to spend time with his mom who is very sick and i'll be studying in Toronto full Time so can't go with him.
there is no such thing as "full PR". once a person is approved and landed they ARE a pr. The condition is to protect sponsors in case of relationship breakdowns and PRs taking advantage of the system. It is NOT going to be a full blown, let's investigate EVERYBODY and kick them out because they are living their life type of thing. Seriously, that's just ridiculous if you think Canada will spend their time, energy and money to do that!

No one knows how this condition is going to be investigated, though i HiGHLY doubt CIC will be making housecalls to ALL couples. As stated by other posters, most likely, CIC will only investigate when a couple has been reported or the sponsor contacts CIC and notifies them of a relationship breakdown.

seriously, i don't think every day couples who have solid relationships need to worry about being investigated. IF, and that's a BIG IF, CIC decides to investigate every single couple with the condition, i am going to take a wild guess and assume they are going to initiate the investigation by letter first. In reality, the government of canada doesn't have the funds to send officers out to every single PR home.

Stop being so paranoid. Canada is a first world country. the government is not going to go out of their way to "prove" someone did something "wrong" and seek to deport people they have already approved to live and work in canada unless there is specific cause to do so. That's just ridiculous.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Traveling within the country wouldn't be a big deal, I think.

On the other hand, if you were to be traveling to your home country for half the year (for example) then I'd be a bit worried - because exit and entry dates are in the system and it would be very easy for CBSA and CIC to figure out that you were gone for a long time. They wouldn't need to investigate anything, they'll see it in the system when you re-enter.

No one's really going to care if you're in Toronto and your partner takes frequent trips to BC - if both of you say it's a genuine conjugal relationship, they're not going to dig any further.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Agree with the others - condition 51 is simply an avenue for sponsors to revoke PR status of their (ex)spouse who they feel used them for a marriage of convenience. It is likely CIC will wait for the sponsor to act first. My wife has condition 51. We are sometimes apart due to business travel (me) or to visit family (her). We don't think about condition 51 for even one single second.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What happens when you get this Conditional PR? Can you still get a PR Card?? does the PR Card say Conditional on it????

When does the stage from Conditional PR to the Normal FULL PR happen, I know its after 2 years but how do the CIC update that information on their end?

Like is there some paperwork you have to send off 2 years later? There's no information on it at all.....

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
What happens when you get this Conditional PR? Can you still get a PR Card?? does the PR Card say Conditional on it????

When does the stage from Conditional PR to the Normal FULL PR happen, I know its after 2 years but how do the CIC update that information on their end?

Like is there some paperwork you have to send off 2 years later? There's no information on it at all.....
there is plenty of informtion about it... perhaps you can do some homework and not just freak out about it! seriously, everyone needs to freaking relax about the condition 51. If you are in a grounded and real relationship, it doesn't mean much! AGAIN THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FULL PR! What Condition 51 means is that a couple who have been commonlaw or married for under 2 years and have no children MUST cohabitate for 2 years after the applicant lands. This is to avoid marriages of convenience, to protect the sponsor and the canadian system. there's no knowing how CIC will enforce this, or if they will. Again, as suggested above, more than likely, the condition will come up IF and WHEN a SPONSOR reports a relationship breakdown to CIC.

After a person lands, THEY ARE A PR! There are no other tests, applications or permissions they need to live, work and travel freely in Canada. Once a person lands, they give their canadian address to the border agent, and approximately 4-6 weeks later they will get their first pr card. The condition is written on the COPR received prior to landing, the landing officer tells you about it AT landing, and yes, i believe it's written on the PR card.

again chill the f out about condition 51!!!!! there is no such thing as half pr, or almost pr, or partial pr, or full pr. once you freaking land as a pr, YOU STAY a freaking PR until either you decide to not be, or Canada can PROVE you have not met the requirements of being a pr (and even then, your pr is not automatically revoked - it takes time and REQUIRES proof). And if you don't know what those requirements are, GO FIGURE IT OUT! There is plenty of information listed on the internet and shared on here already.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
there is plenty of informtion about it... perhaps you can do some homework and not just freak out about it! seriously, everyone needs to freaking relax about the condition 51. If you are in a grounded and real relationship, it doesn't mean much! AGAIN THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FULL PR! What Condition 51 means is that a couple who have been commonlaw or married for under 2 years and have no children MUST cohabitate for 2 years after the applicant lands. This is to avoid marriages of convenience, to protect the sponsor and the canadian system. there's no knowing how CIC will enforce this, or if they will. Again, as suggested above, more than likely, the condition will come up IF and WHEN a SPONSOR reports a relationship breakdown to CIC.

After a person lands, THEY ARE A PR! There are no other tests, applications or permissions they need to live, work and travel freely in Canada. Once a person lands, they give their canadian address to the border agent, and approximately 4-6 weeks later they will get their first pr card. The condition is written on the COPR received prior to landing, the landing officer tells you about it AT landing, and yes, i believe it's written on the PR card.

again chill the f out about condition 51!!!!! there is no such thing as half pr, or almost pr, or partial pr, or full pr. once you freaking land as a pr, YOU STAY a freaking PR until either you decide to not be, or Canada can PROVE you have not met the requirements of being a pr (and even then, your pr is not automatically revoked - it takes time and REQUIRES proof). And if you don't know what those requirements are, GO FIGURE IT OUT! There is plenty of information listed on the internet and shared on here already.
+1

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
rhcohen2014 said:

+1 for you on your rant on conditional 51.

As far as I'm concerned, only those who are complaining about conditional 51 are those who may have ulterior motives.

Screech339

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
screech339 said:
As far as I'm concerned, only those who are complaining about conditional 51 are those who may have ulterior motives.
Condition 51 could also affect genuine couples where 1 spouse needs to live apart due to work or school. Technically that could be breaking cohabitation requirement, as there is no verbage in CIC rules to account for special reasons like this.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rob_TO said:
Condition 51 could also affect genuine couples where 1 spouse needs to live apart due to work or school. Technically that could be breaking cohabitation requirement, as there is no verbage in CIC rules to account for special reasons like this.
That is true but CIC will not have the resources to track down every conditional PR to make sure they abide by the rules. They will likely rely on the spouse calling it in and reporting the marriage break down.

I have no issue for those who "live apart" within Canada for work / study purposes. It is common practice especially those living in Atlantic provinces working out west to support family home.

However it is those that want to work / study outside Canada after getting PR. Those are the people I have a problem with. If you wanted to work / study outside Canada after getting PR, you should have completed that first before making a commitment to settled in Canada as PR.

Screech339

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
screech339 said:
However it is those that want to work / study outside Canada after getting PR. Those are the people I have a problem with. If you wanted to work / study outside Canada after getting PR, you should have completed that first before making a commitment to settled in Canada as PR.
Often times the need to study or work outside Canada is not so easy to predict. It's quote possible someone could land as a conditional PR, then one of the spouses could get a request from their work to temporarily relocate, or could make a decision to go back to school and decide the best school for them is in the US or Europe (where they could have free tuition) or something, while the other spouse needs to remain in Canada due to their job or child.

Even in cases where the school or work is inside Canada but in another province, technically that is still in violation of Condition 51. For comparison, people applying inland have had their PR application rejected due to 1 spouse temporarily living in a different province so CIC definitely does NOT consider it cohabitation just if you stay in Canada. So while any of us can say "CIC will never investigate those cases", in reality who knows what they'll do in terms of random checks or investigations.

So while 9 out of 10 people that complain about Condition 51 may be doing it for fraudulent purposes, there are some that may have legitimate concerns over it due to the limitations and rules it imposes on new PRs.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Pretty much agree with screech. I always felt Condition 51 was brought in as a option for jilted sponsors. The existence of it came about because of several sponsors who were duped and they began vocally protesting to Ottawa for more protections for the sponsor (specifically the 3 year financial obligation):
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2009/04/23/wedding_dress_protest_highlights_immigration_woes.html

CIC would rely on the sponsor to inform CIC that the marriage is no more and then they would investigate. It is extremely unlikely they would ever go after a legit couple if if they have lived for an extended time apart. They barely have the time to go after the ones reported.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
keesio said:
It is extremely unlikely they would ever go after a legit couple if if they have lived for an extended time apart. They barely have the time to go after the ones reported.
Yes but the wording of the rule does not state that, it's just people giving their opinions on what CIC may or may not do to enforce this rule. So I can see why many legitimate couples would be asking questions about it.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Rob_TO said:
Yes but the wording of the rule does not state that, it's just people giving their opinions on what CIC may or may not do to enforce this rule. So I can see why many legitimate couples would be asking questions about it.
I worried about it for a bit (my wife has condition 51 and I do travel on business a lot) but when I did my research, I was convinced that CIC will use it to remove people who are reported to them. I don't even think about it anymore. It's kind of like the new "intent to reside" clause in C-24 of the new citizenship law. The wording of the rule can be alarming but in theory the enforcement of it will be only in extreme and obvious cases. People seem to be making way to much of a deal over both clauses than they deserve.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
I do wonder if CIC will be informing CBSA of this condition - let's say a new PR with condition 51 stays out of the country for 8 months and returns to Canada. Obviously the CBSA will see that this person has been out of Canada for 8 months. Will the CBSA also see in their system that this person has condition 51 and that this person should not have been outside Canada without their sponsor for that long? Will they ask questions, such as "was your sponsor with you while you were out of Canada for 8 months?"

There's been a few people who asked that on the forum. "Catching" some couples not cohabiting in Canada would probably require time and resources CIC is not willing to spend, and I agree they're just going to wait for sponsors reporting it to CIC when their relationship breaks down. But I wonder if CIC will be informing CBSA so that the CBSA can flag people who are out of the country for very long periods of time.