+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concordia Fall 2013

raunaq123

Mar 17, 2013
krishnaboopathyj said:
Hi,
After getting an admission in concordia for M.Eng course, is it possible to transfer my course to M.A.Sc

Regards,
Krish
Yes its possible, talking in general case, you should have high grades (A) in the subjects, also you have to talk to a supervisor under whom you will complete your thesis :)

navigill20

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
Chd
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayank_6 said:
@ Navigill20

For me also, Confirmation Date is 1st April . I am also awaiting the response of other Univ - Ottawa and alberta

Which univ u have applied to else and what is your program in Concordia....
I have applied for software engineering course based. I have applied to SFU,Mcmasters,Waterloo.
When will u confirm the concordia admission? Is is possible to go for other univ after accepting the offer of concordia?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
navigill20 said:
I have applied for software engineering course based. I have applied to SFU,Mcmasters,Waterloo.
When will u confirm the concordia admission? Is is possible to go for other univ after accepting the offer of concordia?
yes it is possible but u will lose the $250 ur paying when u accept concordia offer.....

effi

Mar 22, 2013
hello friends, i got admission in MENG (electrical and computer engineering)program at Concordia, on the condition (you must take two 3-credit Faculty English courses, ENCS 5721 and ENCS 6721, within your first academic year, and obtain grades of 'B' or better in each course. This requirement may change based on TOEFL or IELTS results you may submit prior to registration in the Master's program, that meet the minimum acceptable score of the Faculty (563/85 TOEFL and 6.5 IELTS) ). i got 6.0 band in IELTS, not less than 5.5 in each. i didn't submit my ielts score because i showed my English proficiency certificate while submitting my application. now i am applying for visa and a consultant told me that i must take 6.5 score to get visa because visa officer can reject my application because of conditions in my offer letter, as the visa process takes a lot of time, so i want to apply with ielts 6 and than prepare for ielts again to get 6.5. what do u guys think ? please help me, what should i do ?

vish92

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
effi said:
hello friends, i got admission in MENG (electrical and computer engineering)program at Concordia, on the condition (you must take two 3-credit Faculty English courses, ENCS 5721 and ENCS 6721, within your first academic year, and obtain grades of 'B' or better in each course. This requirement may change based on TOEFL or IELTS results you may submit prior to registration in the Master's program, that meet the minimum acceptable score of the Faculty (563/85 TOEFL and 6.5 IELTS) ). i got 6.0 band in IELTS, not less than 5.5 in each. i didn't submit my ielts score because i showed my English proficiency certificate while submitting my application. now i am applying for visa and a consultant told me that i must take 6.5 score to get visa because visa officer can reject my application because of conditions in my offer letter, as the visa process takes a lot of time, so i want to apply with ielts 6 and than prepare for ielts again to get 6.5. what do u guys think ? please help me, what should i do ?
Hey which intake have you got the admission for? If ur going for fall intake, take ur IELTS again. U have time on ur side. Cos going by the conditions u have to complete 6 credits which could cost u about $500 per credit which could come to $3000. Why waste money.

effi

Mar 22, 2013
vish92 said:
Hey which intake have you got the admission for? If ur going for fall intake, take ur IELTS again. U have time on ur side. Cos going by the conditions u have to complete 6 credits which could cost u about $500 per credit which could come to $3000. Why waste money.
yes i got admission for fall session but visa is a long process in my country so i have to submit my application in few days than i will prepare for my ielts and yes i will definitely give ielts before going to Concordia. but i want to know that in visa process, is this possible that visa officer reject my visa on the basis of conditions i have in my offer letter, for example a visa consultant told me that it is possible that when visa officer saw the condition that i need 6.5 band or i have to attend the English language course there then he will open my file and will see that i gave my ielts score or not, in case if i don't submit my ielts score, he can think that he just want to go Canada because he didn't take a cheap way by taking ielts and he choose the costly way and he can reject my visa.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Why it is 11k $ for Quebec applicants in the below link ??

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp

What is the funda for GIC then ??

shethroh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayank_6 said:
Why it is 11k $ for Quebec applicants in the below link ??

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp

What is the funda for GIC then ??
Its simple because cost of living is high compared to other regions.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@shetthroh

In that case, what about the applicants who purchase GIC for 10k$ for Quebec.... it says 11k $ and GIC is of 10k$

shethroh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayank_6 said:
@ shetthroh

In that case, what about the applicants who purchase GIC for 10k$ for Quebec.... it says 11k $ and GIC is of 10k$
For that question i think you need to approach some seniors like tiger or enfield.

vishakha

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
hi,
i am looking for list of reputed universities in Canada who can accept my application for graduation in MSc (computer science). i also want to go for Phd.
i have done undergraduate course in computer science (full time) for 4 years.
here are some general details:

10th: 80%
12th: 71%
B.tech: 72%

wt r my chance to get in this university

jslogesh

Mar 28, 2013
hi everyone...
am logesh from India,coimbatore..my profile is..
10th- 84%
12th - 76%
B.TEch Mechanical - 72% ( till 7th sem..no history of backlogs) IELTS OVERALL BAND SCORE - 7....
I have applied for september 2013 intake for following universities..
Concordia University-M.Engg.Industrial
University of windsor- M.ENgg.Industrial
carleton university - M.engg 'Mechanical
Dalhousie university-M.engg Mechanical

have applied and also have sent all my required documents to all universities by march 10th... And to concordia...my documents have reached by march 18th.. And till now.. There is no sign of decision from those universities.... Can anyone please suggest my chances of getting into these universities.. And it would be really helpful if you can tell me about how long does decision process takes place in concordia university...also please tell me about how we will be notified about the status.. In myconcrdia portal.. Status tells..'documents yet to be received'..please guide me.. This thing really sriving me crazy... And @vish..congrats man.. Please help me in this...

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
jslogesh said:
hi everyone...
am logesh from India,coimbatore..my profile is..
10th- 84%
12th - 76%
B.TEch Mechanical - 72% ( till 7th sem..no history of backlogs) IELTS OVERALL BAND SCORE - 7....
I have applied for september 2013 intake for following universities..
Concordia University-M.Engg.Industrial
University of windsor- M.ENgg.Industrial
carleton university - M.engg 'Mechanical
Dalhousie university-M.engg Mechanical

have applied and also have sent all my required documents to all universities by march 10th... And to concordia...my documents have reached by march 18th.. And till now.. There is no sign of decision from those universities.... Can anyone please suggest my chances of getting into these universities.. And it would be really helpful if you can tell me about how long does decision process takes place in concordia university...also please tell me about how we will be notified about the status.. In myconcrdia portal.. Status tells..'documents yet to be received'..please guide me.. This thing really sriving me crazy... And @ vish..congrats man.. Please help me in this...
it will take 1-2 months i applied in july got admit in oct so can take a while depending on number of applications they receive. for concordia online status changes and i believe they send an email but not sure ..they however mail u the letter of acceptance and if u want to set up a courier pick up for faster delivery u can do that too.

jslogesh

Mar 28, 2013
@ mead.. Thanks man..!! :) but..what are my chances of gettind admitted..? And if i get admitted by may... Will i have sufficient time to get my visa... Pls guide me...

vish92

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jslogesh said:
@ mead.. Thanks man..!! :) but..what are my chances of gettind admitted..? And if i get admitted by may... Will i have sufficient time to get my visa... Pls guide me...
Hey check ur mail