Concordia Fall 2013

kismail96

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shethroh said:
Very good chance. You're late a bit but Concordia will transfer you to another term if that can cause delay in visa. They have continuous admission process so it won't be much of trouble. As you're working you can continue work for some more time if you hey admission in other term.
Thanks buddy.... What do you mean by late? As you also mention that they have continuous admission process? Can I get into Fall 2013?

vish92

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manpreet_rieit said:
And a suggestion for my friend who is confused b/w Concordia & Rayerson.

Go for Rayerson buddy.... It is better than concordia in Reputation, Ranking, Location etc. So no doubt in that. I would have gone for Rayerson. 8)
Bro are you sure about the rankings? When I googled for the rankings of both the universities Concordia comes higher. Even when I checked wikipedia. Concordia features in the world rankings(401-500) but Ryerson doesn't. And about reputation, is it within Canada?

vish92

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
Does anyone know about the co-op opportunities in Concordia and Ryerson univ. Do they have good co-op/ paid internship options for Engineering students.

shethroh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kismail96 said:
Thanks buddy.... What do you mean by late? As you also mention that they have continuous admission process? Can I get into Fall 2013?
By late I mean by the time the decision may arrive you may not be able to get visa on time. I am not saying it will definitely happen but it may happen. So take a chance and apply of you arent able to make it by September you can defer admission to january term. Moreover I see that you have background in oil and gas so you can even try for some relevant program to your job at university of Newfoundland.

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Vish

I saw the rankings on this link : http: // www.4icu. org/ca/

However, there is not much difference. 23- Reyerson & 24- Concordia

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
1> Rather than opting for Normal Waiting of LOA, I think Express delivery option would be better.. What you guys think ??

2> In order to apply for Loan from SBI, Do I require this LOA ?? if yes then original or photocopy ??

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
mayank_6 said:
1> Rather than opting for Normal Waiting of LOA, I think Express delivery option would be better.. What you guys think ??

2> In order to apply for Loan from SBI, Do I require this LOA ?? if yes then original or photocopy ??
get it express delivered as u need to apply for CAQ which takes additional time. send ur application for CAQ express too as it takes up to a week to two weeks for CAQ approval and if there is an issue it will take more time....u got admission for summer or fall? if fall u have time but if summer then u should def do express

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@ Mead

Its Fall.

Right now I am unable to judge/decide anything and its all messed up. As per my understanding here are the sequence of course of actions need to be taken

1> Confirm Seat by paying 250$ by 31st march
2>Wait for normal delivery of LOA OR get LOA by xpress delivery ?? Suggest ... I am expecting LOA to arrive by 10th April by normal process... so Would it be late ??
3> Apply for Loan and CAQ in parallel.. Is this fine ??

Now I want to know the exact documents I need to submit for CAQ via Courier

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
mayank_6 said:
@ Mead

Its Fall.

Right now I am unable to judge/decide anything and its all messed up. As per my understanding here are the sequence of course of actions need to be taken

1> Confirm Seat by paying 250$ by 31st march
2>Wait for normal delivery of LOA OR get LOA by xpress delivery ?? Suggest ... I am expecting LOA to arrive by 10th April by normal process... so Would it be late ??
3> Apply for Loan and CAQ in parallel.. Is this fine ??

Now I want to know the exact documents I need to submit for CAQ via Courier
if its fall u can wait for it to come in reg mail. ur sequence is right applying for loan and CAQ in parallel should work...for CAQ u do not need financial proof its a straight forward process check their site, it lists the doc ...dont remember what is needed.

hassancheema36

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
I am Hassan.... already admitted and recieved Offer letter for May 2013... Session of Concordia University in MEng program.... But i am not ready yet to apply for visa because i dont have CAQ... For Quebec.... And i cannot deffer my admission to some other date... I can only deffer to Septmber 2013.... Can i apply for CAQ now with offer of admission of May 2013.... and after recieving CAQ... that will be valid for two years.... Then i will deffer my admission to Septmber and Apply with this CAQ ?? Is it Possible ?? Please Help

kismail96

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shethroh said:
By late I mean by the time the decision may arrive you may not be able to get visa on time. I am not saying it will definitely happen but it may happen. So take a chance and apply of you arent able to make it by September you can defer admission to january term. Moreover I see that you have background in oil and gas so you can even try for some relevant program to your job at university of Newfoundland.
Thanks again, You're point is more than valid regarding MUN Oil & Gas Program, But I have already got rejection from U of Regina's Petroleum Engg program due to low GPA and High competition. I reckon, MASc Oil & Gas (Course based) must be competitive in NFL too, I am afraid of rejection, or else I could have gone fot it without any delay.... :(

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@hassancheema36

Could you plz tell me that after how many days after u get admission offer by mail, U received the LOA Hard copy or did u apply for Express delivery. How much it got charged ?

shethroh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kismail96 said:
Thanks again, You're point is more than valid regarding MUN Oil & Gas Program, But I have already got rejection from U of Regina's Petroleum Engg program due to low GPA and High competition. I reckon, MASc Oil & Gas (Course based) must be competitive in NFL too, I am afraid of rejection, or else I could have gone fot it without any delay.... :(
Yeah. All university may have their own way of evaluation. Some may give equal weightage of your experience and some not. Best way is to apply and see!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
hassancheema36 said:
I am Hassan.... already admitted and recieved Offer letter for May 2013... Session of Concordia University in MEng program.... But i am not ready yet to apply for visa because i dont have CAQ... For Quebec.... And i cannot deffer my admission to some other date... I can only deffer to Septmber 2013.... Can i apply for CAQ now with offer of admission of May 2013.... and after recieving CAQ... that will be valid for two years.... Then i will deffer my admission to Septmber and Apply with this CAQ ?? Is it Possible ?? Please Help
if u have offer letter from concordia and depending on the country ur from it is possible to still apply for visa....CAQ takes upto a week and send ur CAQ application by express mail which will reach there in 3 days....once CAQ is approved u can use downloaded copy of CAQ for ur visa. why do u want to apply for CAQ now if ur deffering admission u will get visa till the date of CAQ so u will be short on ur visa. apply CAQ when ur ready for visa.

kismail96

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shethroh said:
Yeah. All university may have their own way of evaluation. Some may give equal weightage of your experience and some not. Best way is to apply and see!
Well, is it possible (advisable) to apply in both Mechanical and Oil & Gas the same University?