Concerns on Express Entry for candidates with PGWP/CEC with no LMIA

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bimbim said:
With time, we will all get invited. At least candidates who are qualified for CEC with 350 points and above. The only problem is, no one knows when.

It's a new program and i believe in the next 3 months. Things will be more clearer to everyone.
exactly my thoughts as well. 350 is low if you compare it to people with lmia but an applicant with such score still passed the 67 min mark ..

we will all eventually get ITA, the question is when. and by mid year we will see a better picture.

theht

Mar 17, 2015
dobes said:
I'm not so sure they think this is a 'glitch' or even a problem. If you are in an LMIA-exempt job, as I am, and your employer wants to keep you, the employer can apply for an LMIA for you. If they don't/can't/won't, it's probably because there are in fact people who are already Canadian who want your job and can do it. Under those circumstances - which are my circumstances - they probably want us to go home and free up the job in the process. I'm waiting to see if they do start taking CEC without LMIA/PNP eventually, but I'm no longer counting on it.
I feel that for LMIA-exempt jobs, it's sort of impossible to get an LMIA, even if the employer agrees to try. For example, if you'd like to extend your postdoctoral fellowship, due to the nature of the job, you still don't need LMIA.

Do you guys think 350 is possibly a floor for EE? Even though the points decreased, won't there be applicants with high points adding to the pool later?

junewilkie

Dec 18, 2013
Well i only got 294 points. My employer is trying desperately to get an lmia for me in child and youth care. The edsc are refusibg it . They say that my employer showed a defecit in accounts last year. This was due to writing off assets and had they not been written off then they would have been in the green. So any excuse . I think someone with 135 points and lmia gets in is unfair just the same as the limit of 350 what about the rest of us . I did not score high due to age and lost points on spouse and family that doesnt make it fair. :'(

canadadreamming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
I think 280 is the lowest possible for people in the pool and it is only time till everyone will be issued with ITA because only 3000 applications in the first 3 months while quota is 250000 for this year, which historically has never been met even last year

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
I know CIC has to meet certain quota to issue ITA...but that doesn't mean they have to meet that criteria just for the sake.. there is no downside if they cannot...that number is huge... who is going to supervise if they meet that number? also what actions will be taken if they cannot reach that number..??? no one knows

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
this is a new system...and it has it's own flaws... people in the system are not experienced as well...there are so many questions unanswered...but all they need is time...( I hope they don't take long enough that our work permits expire)

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are PGWP holder and meet the minimum requirements for CEC, then fill out the EE profile ASAP and stop worrying about PN and LMIA points. You will be invited to apply under CEC stream, not FSW or FTP, so you won't have to compete with applicants in those streams in which getting an LMIA or PN is easier/required; the only bad thing is that we PGWP holders with no LMIA or PN are gonna have to wait, and because the system is new, we don't know for how long (That's why it's important to get on EE fast!).

CIC has already had one drawing in which 849 of those picked where all exclusively CEC applicants, so out of 3,594 general applicants who have recieved ITA as of March 19th, at least 24% are CEC applicants, and even then that percentage fails to consider that CEC applicants probably got chosen in "non program specific" drawings as well. While non-specific drawings might end up with higher CRS cut-off marks (The latest drawing had the cutoff mark at 735 (Wouldn't surprise me if that ends up being the minimum cutoff mark this year)), I am pretty sure that any subsequent CEC-specific drawing (Which I'm pretty sure will happen) will have CRS cutoff scores be as low as 360 (My guesstimate is that 360 will be the minimum cutoff mark for CEC this year). My advice to anyone who is a concerned PGWP holder is: If you are eligible for PR under CEC get in EE pool ASAP!! While more CEC-specific drawings are bound to happened, I am pretty sure that these will be few and spread out far in between, so you don't want to be out of the pool for when these CEC-specific drawings happen.