+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concerns on Express Entry for candidates with PGWP/CEC with no LMIA

pedmetric

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I know there are many candidates like me who are on PGWP with no LMIA and hence their application is down in ranking. I think its important we raise our voice. I personally sent an Email to our Prime Minister- Honourable Stephen Harper and Immigration Minister- Honourable Chris Alexander. Its important that we make them aware of our situation than just crying. Please send them an Email with your concerns and yes they do reply back.

Prime Minister/Premier Ministre <PM@pm.gc.ca>
Chris Alexander <bmq@cic.gc.ca>

If we want change in EE then we all should report our questions or concerns.

FYI: I sent an email and within 24 hours I got a reply saying my comments will be reviewed and actions will be taken.

I also want to hear from you guys as well.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
hi what did you mention in the email...

Alimoh

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
I am also sending in an e-mail. anyone else who is planning to do so, please include these in your e-mail.

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permits-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/new-immigration-rules-risk-leaving-international-students-behind/article22886693/

pedmetric

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes those were the points I wrote in my Email.

I think we need to raise our voice against it as its not helping us and Canada as a country

I personally know someone with no qualification (no education or university degree at all) and had 278 points but got 600 points due to LMIA and now will get his PR easily.

I dont see any justice this way!!.

arajat

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Just waiting to see a change hopefully all pgwp with noc 0 a or b with a valid job offer get invited I submitted my application on Nov 17 just to get it returned thank god I still have a good 6 months on my pgwp.

Canada is my home and where I build my career after studying there will be a way I hope everyone over 400 gets the invite.

My score btw 438/600.

If I had lmia or pnp I would have a whooping 1000+

Just giving it time cheers everyone

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
arajat said:
Just waiting to see a change hopefully all pgwp with noc 0 a or b with a valid job offer get invited I submitted my application on Nov 17 just to get it returned thank god I still have a good 6 months on my pgwp.

Canada is my home and where I build my career after studying there will be a way I hope everyone over 400 gets the invite.

My score btw 438/600.

If I had lmia or pnp I would have a whooping 1000+

Just giving it time cheers everyone
Guys one quick question, i think postdoc is lmo exempt? Can we get 600 points for that if mentioned the same when applying in EE

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
pedmetric said:
Yes those were the points I wrote in my Email.

I think we need to raise our voice against it as its not helping us and Canada as a country

I personally know someone with no qualification (no education or university degree at all) and had 278 points but got 600 points due to LMIA and now will get his PR easily.

I dont see any justice this way!!.
Justice?? what are you...crazy?

University degrees are a dime a dozen here man....just because one has a degree doesnt automatically make one better than a 'non educated' person.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE JOB

If you can get a job and impress your boss so he gets you an LMIA and you are filling a skills shortage then that is the whole point of this new immigration system.

Dont cry for justice in this way....its just lazy

theht

Mar 17, 2015
irishIan said:
Justice?? what are you...crazy?

University degrees are a dime a dozen here man....just because one has a degree doesnt automatically make one better than a 'non educated' person.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE JOB

If you can get a job and impress your boss so he gets you an LMIA and you are filling a skills shortage then that is the whole point of this new immigration system.

Dont cry for justice in this way....its just lazy
Hello everyone. I think it makes sense to let them know the glitches in the new system. I am not sure about PGWP, but for those people who are doing postdocs in Canada, they cannot get the 600 points either because that category is LMIA exempted. They are well educated and they have jobs. If the rules remain like this, I don't know how many excellent researchers would choose Canada in future...

There is an article named Express Entry written by Canadian Bar Association (sorry, cannot post links. you can simply google it. good article). It mentioned this issue and made some recommendations. I think it's important to let CIC know the issue so they rules can be amended.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was concerned too until I realized that there's nothing to worry about. We just have to wait and be patient until CIC processes applicants with LMIA or PN. The latest draw had the cut off score at 735, chances are it will continue to decline. PGWP holders don't need to worry, they just need to be patient and wait. I suggest every EE applicant under CEC with PGWP really read up on what's going from the CIC site, it's the best resource to help understand EE.

theht

Mar 17, 2015
GARJ said:
I was concerned too until I realized that there's nothing to worry about. We just have to wait and be patient until CIC processes applicants with LMIA or PN. The latest draw had the cut off score at 735, chances are it will continue to decline. PGWP holders don't need to worry, they just need to be patient and wait. I suggest every EE applicant under CEC with PGWP really read up on what's going from the CIC site, it's the best resource to help understand EE.
But it doesn't solve the issue that the EE system needs to be improved. Besides, when new applicants with LMIA or PNP submit their applications, they are gonna be placed in priority again.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theht said:
Hello everyone. I think it makes sense to let them know the glitches in the new system. I am not sure about PGWP, but for those people who are doing postdocs in Canada, they cannot get the 600 points either because that category is LMIA exempted. They are well educated and they have jobs. If the rules remain like this, I don't know how many excellent researchers would choose Canada in future...

There is an article named Express Entry written by Canadian Bar Association (sorry, cannot post links. you can simply google it. good article). It mentioned this issue and made some recommendations. I think it's important to let CIC know the issue so they rules can be amended.
I'm not so sure they think this is a 'glitch' or even a problem. If you are in an LMIA-exempt job, as I am, and your employer wants to keep you, the employer can apply for an LMIA for you. If they don't/can't/won't, it's probably because there are in fact people who are already Canadian who want your job and can do it. Under those circumstances - which are my circumstances - they probably want us to go home and free up the job in the process. I'm waiting to see if they do start taking CEC without LMIA/PNP eventually, but I'm no longer counting on it.

bimbim

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
With time, we will all get invited. At least candidates who are qualified for CEC with 350 points and above. The only problem is, no one knows when.

It's a new program and i believe in the next 3 months. Things will be more clearer to everyone.