+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

concerns about validity of medical

aw76

Aug 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am just final checking with my wife that all her forms are done correctly before she sends them to me. I am concerned with the medical.

We are applying outland through Seoul. She has already done her medical appointment. Here are my concerns...

It doesnt appear as though the doctor took her appendix c sheet, and if he did I do not recall telling her "what visa office will be processing"....
however, she does have copy 2 of the medical report that the doctor gave her....on it it says that Seoul is the visa office and Manila is where IMM 5419 will be sent to. Is that correct? Does Korea send their medicals to Manila for this process?

My other concern is the fact that the address of the medical center where she had her medical done matches with the DMP list online, however the Doctors name is different from the one listed for that centre. Is that gonna be a problem, or do you think that they have more than one, or a new doctor there doing this procedure?

Advice/help greatly appreciated.

thanks

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aw76 said:
Hi, I am just final checking with my wife that all her forms are done correctly before she sends them to me. I am concerned with the medical.

We are applying outland through Seoul. She has already done her medical appointment. Here are my concerns...

It doesnt appear as though the doctor took her appendix c sheet, and if he did I do not recall telling her "what visa office will be processing"....
however, she does have copy 2 of the medical report that the doctor gave her....on it it says that Seoul is the visa office and Manila is where IMM 5419 will be sent to. Is that correct? Does Korea send their medicals to Manila for this process?

My other concern is the fact that the address of the medical center where she had her medical done matches with the DMP list online, however the Doctors name is different from the one listed for that centre. Is that gonna be a problem, or do you think that they have more than one, or a new doctor there doing this procedure?

Advice/help greatly appreciated.

thanks
Here is my opinion, but I may be wrong, as I am not an expert but an applicant as well:
1.I think that DMPs send it to only one place, that is, in Ottawa. And as long as you have the copy 2 attached to your application, it would be fine. I think that once the DMP submits it to Ottawa, the case processing centers or local embassies could access it.
2. As long as the doctor who signed your medical is a registered DMP, it shouldn't matter where he practices. Doctors could have more than one clinic.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The doctors do not take the Appendix page. It is just for their information. When I did my medical the doctor's staff just recorded the information I put on the page and gave it back to me, and when I asked them if they didn't need it they said no. I did get confirmation from the Consulate General that they had received the medical, both by mail and on eCAS, so everything's good in that regard.

I don't have answers to your other questions, I'm afraid. I would call the CIC number to ask them about that.