+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Completed soft landing and returned to US

Narenkk

Feb 13, 2021
Thank you for your response. I entered USA on F2 Visa and later got H1b. I did not go to India (not even a single time) after I came to USA so I have old expired stamping of F2 Visa but not H1B. So will I be eligible under AVR?
I am not sure. I’ve seen few posts on F1 to H1 using AVR but not seen anything for F2. Better to check with your employers immigration team to be sure !

Shwetac

Nov 18, 2021
Hi
1. Yes you are still eligible for AVR. Even I had employer change
2. You can. I dont think the place of issue matters (unless you had a provincial nomination !)
Thank you. I do have a provincial nomination from Ontario. Is that going to be an issue ? I just want to soft land at Peace Arch in west, want to still move to Ontario.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Has anyone on H1B taken a flight to toronto (or any other city), spent a week or so there and then come back to the US on H1B?

rbukka

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I got PPR request couple of weeks ago so I sent our passports and photos. But yesterday I got an email saying our photos got rejected and asking to resend.
Once I resend them, If they reject again, will it be a problem? will they return my application??

I took photographs from one store and my spouse and kid took photos from other store which is located in other state. Was that the problem?
I would appreciate if someone respond asap.

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
I remember taking mine from Walgreens/CVS with their seal, signature and date on the rear (for PPR1). U have to specifically tell them Canadian passport size or show them the size specifications page from IRCC.

rbukka

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I remember taking mine from Walgreens/CVS with their seal, signature and date on the rear (for PPR1). U have to specifically tell them Canadian passport size or show them the size specifications page from IRCC.
Thanks for the quick response. I showed them the specifications, they just followed them.
Looks like tt is not mentioned that a signature is required on the back of the photograph. It says to mention the following details.

" *The back of one (1) photograph must: bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio bear the date the photograph was taken the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable. "

Last edited:
Reactions: bhaskarm

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
I got PPR request couple of weeks ago so I sent our passports and photos. But yesterday I got an email saying our photos got rejected and asking to resend.
Once I resend them, If they reject again, will it be a problem? will they return my application??

I took photographs from one store and my spouse and kid took photos from other store which is located in other state. Was that the problem?
I would appreciate if someone respond asap.
This happened to me. My initial set of pictures were rejected because the address on the back was smudged. i had to resend them. it doesn't impact your application in anyway. only adds a month to your CoPR generation timeline.

CVS and walgreens are both good options. Good luck!

EDIT: there is a photo specification sheet that specifies exactly what is needed i.e. name, address of the CVS location, date taken, your name and DOB, and ofc size specs. Just make sure both your pitctures fulfill every single specification. It doesnt matter if it's taken from two diff places and at different days (as long as it's within 6 months. Also make sure your ears are visible and face is clear.

Reactions: bhaskarm

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
Thanks for the quick response. I showed them the specifications, they just followed them.
Looks like tt is not mentioned that a signature is required on the back of the photograph. It says to mention the following details.

" *The back of one (1) photograph must: bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio bear the date the photograph was taken the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable. "
Yes sorry about the signature part. Well it’s been almost a year for me and still waiting for PPR2, so kind of vaguely remembered the procedure. My intention was to suggest the photo place.

Narenkk

Feb 13, 2021
Thank you. I do have a provincial nomination from Ontario. Is that going to be an issue ? I just want to soft land at Peace Arch in west, want to still move to Ontario.
Sorry for the delay. It might be a problem as per the posts I've read before. Its advisable to land in the same province from where you got the nomination

Shwetac

Nov 18, 2021
Sorry for the delay. It might be a problem as per the posts I've read before. Its advisable to land in the same province from where you got the nomination
Thanks for the response. I completed soft landing in Peace Arch between Washington and Surrey BC, without a hitch. The officer asked when would I go to ON etc, but didnt stop me from soft landing.

Reactions: Narenkk

Narenkk

Feb 13, 2021
Thanks for the response. I completed soft landing in Peace Arch between Washington and Surrey BC, without a hitch. The officer asked when would I go to ON etc, but didnt stop me from soft landing.
Good to know :). Thanks !

Shwetac

Nov 18, 2021
Good to know :). Thanks !
I have a different question though. For people in US, is there a way to track our PR card progress ? if you know anything please let me know. So far the only thing I can see is, in IRCC profile, along with 'Counterfoil' I have started seeing CoPR as Document and last update date is my soft landing date.

Reactions: Narenkk

Narenkk

Feb 13, 2021
I have a different question though. For people in US, is there a way to track our PR card progress ? if you know anything please let me know. So far the only thing I can see is, in IRCC profile, along with 'Counterfoil' I have started seeing CoPR as Document and last update date is my soft landing date.
In your express entry login, use the option to “link an existing application to this account” and provide your details. You will see your PR card application with application number starting with “R”. I completed it in Nov and it’s still in submitted state (last I saw , it was minimum 58 days to process an application)

kinjal1110

Jan 2, 2019
I am not sure. I’ve seen few posts on F1 to H1 using AVR but not seen anything for F2. Better to check with your employers immigration team to be sure !
Can you please help with the link if you have any for F1 to H1 using AVR?

I had H1 stamping appointment in Ottawa on Jan 18th, 2022 which got cancelled but I need to complete soft landing before Feb 2022 so AVR is the only option left for me to return back to USA. I have expired F1 visa on my passport (expired in 2018) but never got H1B stamping before, currently I'm on H1 extension so does that create any issue using AVR to come back to USA?