+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Completed soft landing and returned to US

Narenkk

Feb 13, 2021
Yesterday I completed my soft landing in Fort Francis and returned back to US via International falls using AVR. Happy to answer any questions !

sk2701

Oct 22, 2020
Yesterday I completed my soft landing in Fort Francis and returned back to US via International falls using AVR. Happy to answer any questions !
Hi,
Congratulations! Could you please kindly provide your experience on below scenarios:
1.) Did you happen to provide GTF?
2.) Are officers accepting friends or family residence for PR card delivery? If so how did you answer?
Can you please let me know what documents are needed for US side? Employee verification letter/pay stubs needed apart from I797A?

thanks!

Narenkk

Feb 13, 2021
Thanks !
1. No they said I can submit GTF when I move permanently
2. I did provide my friends address and explained that I will be moving into this address in March next year. The officers were very friendly and helpful.

In US side, they asked for my passport, I797A and rental car agreement alone. They didn't ask for any other documents

sk2701

Oct 22, 2020
Thank you for the information. Do you have any idea if we can take financed vehicle to do soft landing?

Nov 8, 2021
Congrats !! What documents did you take for Soft landing into Canada and how long did you stay in Canada before returning back to USA ? I do have valid i797 and stamping, do i need AVR for returning back to USA ?

Last edited:

Narenkk

Feb 13, 2021
Hi I had the below documents

- Old and new passports
- COPR
- Vaccination card
- Covid negative test
- Proof of funds
- GTC & GTF list (they didnt ask for this)
- US driving license

Nov 8, 2021
Thanks for your quick reply. Regarding prof of funds, bank statement printout should be sufficient right ? and this might be a dumb question, what are GTC & GTF ?

Narenkk

Feb 13, 2021
Thanks for your quick reply. Regarding prof of funds, bank statement printout should be sufficient right ? and this might be a dumb question, what are GTC & GTF ?
Yes I carried latest 3 months bank statement. GTC is goods to carry and GTF is goods to follow. Its basically a summary of the items which you are carrying now and which you will be carrying later into Canada as a settler. All these items will be exempted from custom duty

Reactions: gauravbharadwaj

Narenkk

Feb 13, 2021
I entered around 3.30 PM CT into Canada and returned back around 6:30 PM CT. I was selected for random Covid test which delayed the process a bit

sk2701

Oct 22, 2020
Hi,

May I know when you have returned back to USA did the offer stamp on your passport?

Thanks!