ankuBehl

Oct 10, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
21-06-2021
Hello this thread is super helpful. My questions are. I've plans to travel to India, come back to US and then move permanently. I have COPR and I'm planning to do soft landing and get my H1B stamping done while coming back. Now when trying to get an appointment i see a question - if I'm traveling from another country for the appointment. Applicants who are legal permanent residents have sooner dates available. Should i be selecting yes or no here?

Reactions: shr89

jandialrajiv

Jan 11, 2021
Hi, do I need to have a stamped VISA to get back to US ? I have my COPR for Regina ,SK. I am planning to take a road trip in March/April to my PR. I would have to give my friend's address but am told they cannot ship it back to me because it is an official document. pls suggest

Shwetac

Nov 18, 2021
Hey @Narenkk I am in the same boat but unable to find H1B stamping dates in Canada with in the CoPR expiration time period.
1) My employer has changed since my last H1B stamp which expired in 2020. Do I still qualify for AVR ? I am more worried about not being able to re-enter USA.
2) My CoPR was issues by Ottawa but can I cross the western boarder to Vancouver and still activate it ?

I'd appreciate the help.

Narenkk

Feb 13, 2021
Hello this thread is super helpful. My questions are. I've plans to travel to India, come back to US and then move permanently. I have COPR and I'm planning to do soft landing and get my H1B stamping done while coming back. Now when trying to get an appointment i see a question - if I'm traveling from another country for the appointment. Applicants who are legal permanent residents have sooner dates available. Should i be selecting yes or no here?
Hi i think yes should work but not very sure !

Narenkk

Feb 13, 2021
Hi, do I need to have a stamped VISA to get back to US ? I have my COPR for Regina ,SK. I am planning to take a road trip in March/April to my PR. I would have to give my friend's address but am told they cannot ship it back to me because it is an official document. pls suggest
It has to be a Canadian address. I have seen instances where PR card was shipped from Canada to USA but I dont have personal experience in it

Narenkk

Feb 13, 2021
Hey @Narenkk I am in the same boat but unable to find H1B stamping dates in Canada with in the CoPR expiration time period.
1) My employer has changed since my last H1B stamp which expired in 2020. Do I still qualify for AVR ? I am more worried about not being able to re-enter USA.
2) My CoPR was issues by Ottawa but can I cross the western boarder to Vancouver and still activate it ?

I'd appreciate the help.
Hi
1. Yes you are still eligible for AVR. Even I had employer change
2. You can. I dont think the place of issue matters (unless you had a provincial nomination !)

shr89

Jul 1, 2019
I had the same doubt. But I think we should select yes because technically we are not Permanent resident until we land there and get the actual PR. Just a thought. But I am curious to see if anyone has done it differently because I have seen that the appointment availability increases if you answer no.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I had the same doubt. But I think we should select yes because technically we are not Permanent resident until we land there and get the actual PR. Just a thought. But I am curious to see if anyone has done it differently because I have seen that the appointment availability increases if you answer no.
You are right. People travelling from US should be selecting "Yes" to this question unless they are already a PR.

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hi I had the below documents

- Old and new passports
- COPR
- Vaccination card
- Covid negative test
- Proof of funds
- GTC & GTF list (they didnt ask for this)
- US driving license
Congrats! Did they ask for/look at the proof of funds?

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
Yesterday I completed my soft landing in Fort Francis and returned back to US via International falls using AVR. Happy to answer any questions !
Congratulations! Happy to know that you could complete the landing procedure. Could you please share your application type and timelines.

rbukka

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Yesterday I completed my soft landing in Fort Francis and returned back to US via International falls using AVR. Happy to answer any questions !
I got PPR on Nov-30th and sent my Passport today. My question is, I have H1b Visa valid till 2023 but I don't have stamping to get back to USA once I leave the country. So under AVR can I cross the USA border and land in Canada and come back to USA with in 30 days without visa stamping??

Reactions: bhaskarm

rbukka

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I got PPR on Nov-30th and sent my PP today. I work in USA on H1B visa which is valid till 2023 but I don't have stamping. So can I leave the USA for landing in CANADA to after I got my COPR and come back to USA under AVR (within 30 days) without stamping??

Narenkk

Feb 13, 2021
I got PPR on Nov-30th and sent my PP today. I work in USA on H1B visa which is valid till 2023 but I don't have stamping. So can I leave the USA for landing in CANADA to after I got my COPR and come back to USA under AVR (within 30 days) without stamping??
Hi as long as you have old expired stamping of same visa type and valid I94 you should be good. CBP website will list down all the criterias for AVR. You can double check that once too to make sure

rbukka

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Hi as long as you have old expired stamping of same visa type and valid I94 you should be good. CBP website will list down all the criterias for AVR. You can double check that once too to make sure
Thank you for your response. I entered USA on F2 Visa and later got H1b. I did not go to India (not even a single time) after I came to USA so I have old expired stamping of F2 Visa but not H1B. So will I be eligible under AVR?