+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Comparative Education Assessment (CES)

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Friends and Senior, need specific advice on ECA from CES.

Should I just send my MBA credentials for evaluation. Its a 2 year degree from recognized institution and I want a "masters" evaluation.
You can, sure. CES will let you know if they need your undergrad degrees.

However, you can't know whether you will get a Master's ECA before you send it in. You may or may not get that.

HimanshuS712

Jul 6, 2019
Friends and Senior, need specific advice on ECA from CES.

Should I just send my MBA credentials for evaluation. Its a 2 year degree from recognized institution and I want a "masters" evaluation.
Just send the MBA transcripts and degree. No need for documents of your bachelors.

Jul 29, 2019
CES is an officially accepted agency. I've used them myself.
You only need to get your Master's evaluated.
Thank you 21Goose for this information, this is very helpful !

I have one more question. Do we require to get an evaluation for Bachelors degree as well after getting MBA degree as evaluated Master's degree by CES? I am confused because the person in below post says that bachelors degree evaluation would be required later for FSW (I am not sure what is FSW at this point) If someone can explain this in detail, it would be helpful.

Thank you in advance !

First of all can we just get our masters degree assessed and leave bachelors?

If we only get our masters degree accessed from CES, then do we have to add only masters degree in our Federal skilled workers profile and not add info about Bachelors. Because whenever you add a degree to FSW profile, it asks whether this degree has been assessed by an institute and ask for an ECA reference number. Please suggest should we omit bachelor's degree in the FSW profile after getting our Masters accessed from CES? Please clarfiy. Many thanks.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you 21Goose for this information, this is very helpful !

I have one more question. Do we require to get an evaluation for Bachelors degree as well after getting MBA degree as evaluated Master's degree by CES? I am confused because the person in below post says that bachelors degree evaluation would be required later for FSW (I am not sure what is FSW at this point) If someone can explain this in detail, it would be helpful.

Thank you in advance !
You only have to get your highest degree validated. However, there are some countries where WES or other agencies will ask to see your undergrad degrees before they agree to assess your Master's. India is one of these countries.

You do not have to pay for two ECAs. You simply apply to WES for your Master's ECA, and they will respond by telling you that they cannot assess your master's without also looking at your undergrad transcripts and diploma, and will tell you how to send the documents they need.

You still only get one ECA (and that's all you need).

For your express entry profile, you just need to add your Master's under Education History to get maximum points. Your bachelors will go under Personal History and you won't get any points for it (and nor will you need to provide an ECA).

So no, you do not need to get your bachelors validated with a separate ECA, but you will probably need to send those documents to WES before they agree to look at your Master's.

If you had a Master's from the US/UK/many other countries, you wouldn't need to send undergrad paperwork. There's too much fraud in India so they are extra careful with Indian degrees.

jnicoles1

Oct 30, 2018
I got my ECA from WES. My B Tech is assessed as 4 Years Bachelor and 2 Year Full Time MBA is assessed as 1 Year Post Graduate Diploma. Post the IELTS, my CRS will become 446 whereas if my Masters were assessed as Masters my Score CRS would become 453. Seeing the latest trend of Draws, I am considering to get the ECA done from CES.

1) I am wondering whether I should go for ECA for both credentials i.e. B Tech and Masters or ONLY Masters, Anyone any idea?
2) While creating the profile, can I use the WES Assessment for Graduation and CES Assessment for Masters?
3) Any idea whether CES gives the correct ECA Assessment for only Masters, my MBA is from a reputed B School (UBS, Panjab University, Chd, India)
Hi , Have you sent your MBA docs only to CES , let me know even i am also in the same situation .

fzmk111

Feb 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
My status shows decision dispatched but how do I download / view soft copy of my ECA?

I got an email from CES but its does not have any attachment or link :/

AnkitaS

Feb 24, 2019
Hi I’m in a bit of a situation. My post graduation college has recently got an autonomous status by UGC (India). However, it wasn’t there during my time of admission. My transcripts which are sent to CES state ‘Curricula of *** autonomous’. I’m a little worried about the evaluation. I wanted to know if anyone has been in a similar situation as me and what kind of evaluation should I expect? Thanks in advance.

Rohanisha

May 2, 2019
Anybody who got Masters equivalency by CES for 3 years B.Sc. (Chemistry) + 2 Years M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry) done from India?

I already did my ECA from WES and they recognised my Masters degree as bachelors 4 years; 1 year post graduate diploma. :( I really need to have masters equivalency to gain 7 points.

Need your help/suggestions.

ABI_88

Sep 4, 2019
2 years Bsc and 2 years Mba, Master degree equivalency
Zeeshan I have the same case 2 year B.com from UOP and 2.5 years MBA from Bahria university.

What is the outcome from CES? And what is the process? Do I have to submit both degrees and transcripts for MBA and BCom or just MBA?

ABI_88

Sep 4, 2019
Hi,

Anyone from Pakistan having 2 Years BCOM & 2 Years MBA from a renowned university. Please share assessment outcome from CES. Much appreciated. Thanks.
Did you get your ECA? What was the outcome and process?

Can you pleas guide me?

shahid7565

Jun 3, 2019
Hi everyone,

Is an mba from OU INDIA recognized as masters from any of the list of accepted institutions(WES, CES,IQAS,ICES etc) for express entry in canada and do they take grades into consideration for recognizing an mba as "masters"?

Pooja attri

Sep 2, 2019
India
1:- I have 3 years
Bachelor of Business Administration ( BBA ) DISTANCE learning from PTU.

2:- 2 years Master of business administration ( MBA ) FROM BANGALORE University regular.

1:- Could anyone please advise is IQAS or CES will certify it as masters.
2:- will i get ECA for Both through CES.

Which one is BEST Assessment authority for ( BBA, MBA)

Aghaz

Sep 23, 2019
I Have Bsc Civil Engineering degree and a MBA. Though my occupation is Civil Engineer. Should I send my relevant Degree to CES for ECA or Both my degrees? Since I am in need of more points bcz I am little short on points bcz of my age. So I need Masters points.

As Such I would like to know should I send both my degrees to CES for ECA for obtaining Masters Points OR just Bachelor of Civil Engineering ? Will my bachelor Degree be considered Professional/ Master degree thus enabling me to have have points of a Master Degree. also If Sending both degrees will have implication on Later Stages as BSc Civil Engineering and MBA both are not relevant.

Official points Calculator gives me two options for points calculation to select from;
1. Master Degree or professional Degree needed to practice in licensed profession"
2. Bachelor Degree three or More Year Program ?

I don't Know which one to select as I assume my Bachelor's degree is Professional and as such to send only one Degree or Both?