+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Come to Canada quick through the SINP

Vince

Oct 25, 2009
RM of Round Hill (SK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi genesis04,
Do I understand it correctly that you already have the SINP approval? That`s how it went in our case at least. We were already in SK on a WP when we did the medical and our medical was processed within 45 days. Just contact your embassy and see if you can get an answer from them, I`m sure everything is alright with your medical. We were dealing with the embassy in Berlin and we always communicated with them by email. 45 days is long enough and they should know if all is good by now.

Good luck
Vince

www.wvincanada.com

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
genesis04 said:
Good day.. Hello vince. I am an SINP applicant in manila and i just finished my medical last aug. 17 (the date they passed my medical to the embassy in manila). And it's been 3 months already and we hadn't received any notice from the visa officer. I am just wondering if my medical is good or not. The clinic told me that wait for 45 days from the time they passed the medical result if they would be needing any further examination or other requirements. I'm just worried that I will be waiting for long months and at the end they would refuse my application or deny. Please enlightened me if you have any idea of the time frame in processing your application. I would gladly appreciate in responding to this inquiry.
We are also SINP applicant and we had our medical in First week of March 2009 and still nothing... Its CHC Islamabad, Pakistan

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vince said:
@ nix1
We came over as mechanical engineers.
The quarter section (160 acres) was about $50.000 and that's not too bad. There is cheaper available but this quarter section has lots of special features and is sooo beautiful. We came here with 15.000 euro, we worked and saved very hard in the first 2 years in SK and that's how we got this property and the new house. We've hit lots of bumps along the way but we just kept going, believing in our dream and here we are now!
Vince
PS: it also takes a good marriage to get a project like this done :)

www.wvincanada.com
Thanks Vince for your time and reply. I was in Alberta two weeks ago and I am already back in the US. I loved it up there. I am looking to buy some farm land too. I am looking to invest about US$20,000-30,000 and hoping to buy somewhere 50 to 100 acres. I checked a few properties online and I did not find anything in Alberta that can be bought with my budget the acres I want. I was able to find some lands in SK, but I am supposed to live in AB as I went through their AINP program. Do you have any idea where in Alberta I can look for cheap farm lands (agricultural lands)? Even if I buy this land, I will not be using it for many years as I will be living in the city area where I can find a good job. It is just an investment for the future to retire (or turn it to a housing block and sell housing lots). I am not sure if somebody can buy a land and not use at all for many years. I am also not sure how much property tax I need to pay. Thanks for your time.

Vince

Oct 25, 2009
RM of Round Hill (SK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@nix1

Not much available in AB, see if this link works: http://www.realtor.ca/map.aspx?vs=VEAgricultural&veZoomLevel=5&veCenter=55.1694982498884,%20-114.509177729487&currentView=0#farm:-1;crops:-1;livetock:-1;landSize:;ac:false;baths:0-0;beds:0-0;fp:false;gar:false;pmin:0;pmax:50000;rmin:0;rmax:0;pool:false;stories:0-0;buildingstyle:;buildingtypeid:;viewtypeid:;forsale:true;forrent:false;orderBy:A;sortBy:1;LisStartDate:;mapZ:5;page:1;mapC:55.1694982498884,%20-114.509177729487;curView:0;

Alberta is very expensive and we are so happy to be in SK. If you buy some farmland you can always rent it out to the local farmers and make some money with it! We rent out 40 acres to our neighbours until we will use it ourselves. Property taxes are low, about $500 a year for all that we have here. Probably a lot more in AB though.
Farmland is always a good investment in my opinion.
Vince

www.wvincanada.com

tran

May 10, 2009
Hi Vince,

I agree with you that farmland is always a good investment; this is especially
so during this turbulent time. Just like what Jim Rogers, commodity guru, said
- the farmers will be the ones driving the Maserati and the Ferrari in the future.
Besides this, you have Potash Corp. to ensure soil fertility at a reasonable price.

There are only two drawbacks that I can think of, i.e. harsh lengthy winter that
makes the land uncultivable for long period, and the crop transportation cost to
the nearest port(probably Vancouver).

In your opinion, which location(s) is a good area to start looking if I want to
buy farmland in Saskatchewan? Thanks for your reply.

Vince

Oct 25, 2009
RM of Round Hill (SK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Tran,
The winter is long but the farmers here just work around it and know how to plan the short season very well. They just can't do a crop like corn or any other ones that need a longer season. It's mostly Wheat, Canola and Peas. There's good money in Canola but it's not the easiest so most farmers have a mix of Wheat and Canola. There are big elevators all over Saskatchewan that will buy your crop.

Take a look here: http://www.lanerealtycorp.com
Great website with farms and land for sale. Click on the green areas on the left for locations and listings.
As for a good location to buy: that all depends on your personal preferences but make sure you are somewhat close to a bigger city. Some areas are really islolated. And further south tends to be a bit warmer.
We live 25 min north of the Battlefords which is just perfect.
Vince

www.wvincanada.com

tran

May 10, 2009
Hi Vince,

Thanks for the excellent website - lots of information. Many with over thousand of acres for sale.
The sheer size of it simply blew my mind away.

Tran
HCMC

tran

May 10, 2009
http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=8541721

Use the above as an example, are we allowed to convert agricultural land
into residential land for further development? Thanks

Vince

Oct 25, 2009
RM of Round Hill (SK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It all depends on the RM or the city where it's located. Some have strict rules and some let you do whatever you want. Lots of people do it here, they divide a quarter section into 4 to 5 acre lots and try to sell them. The current developments around the Battlefords aren't doing too good but that's probably because of the slow economy, if the housing market picks up these lots should go fast.
Just contact the realtor and find out what the restrictions of the property are.
Vince

www.wvincanada.com

J1visa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Hi all,

Do you think it is the time to move permanently to SK now. I have just landed there but returned to the US. However, I am wondering if I should reside in SK ASAP for the citizenship. It is very difficult to do anything in the US when thinking about SK.

I am afraid that I cannot find a job in SK this time. That is the main reason why I am back to the US.

Vince

Oct 25, 2009
RM of Round Hill (SK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What kind of job are you looking for?
Check: www.saskjobs.ca
There is lots available.
Vince

www.wvincanada.com (new site in English coming soon)

Vince

Oct 25, 2009
RM of Round Hill (SK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

For anyone who is seeking a job or has landed a job and isn't sure about the value of their credentials this might be of interest:
http://www.credentials.gc.ca/immigrants/factsheets/index.asp
It has great info and links for various industries.

Also good news for the SINP folks: http://www.gov.sk.ca/news?newsId=c4981e23-d2b7-49ec-b1f1-7d09305bcc02
We are doing this right now and are curious to find out how it matches our credentials from the Netherlands. It's all paid by the SK government!

Regards,
Vince

www.wvincanada.com