+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Come to Canada quick through the SINP

Vince

Oct 25, 2009
RM of Round Hill (SK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everybody,

Aren't the processing times way too long!!!! We thought the same thing. That's why we went with the SINP and got here within a year and are living our dream right now.

For who doesn't know what the SINP is: http://www.immigration.gov.sk.ca/sinp
The easiest way to fly through this process is to get a job offer from a Saskatchewan employer. It may seem hard to get a job offer but it is possible, we did it and so can you!

Most people who think about Saskatchewan think about flat grain fields and nothing else... that's only partly true, yes we have that but as soon as you go north the hills start to come up and grain fields are being replaced by forests.
If you are looking for a peaceful life in the country this is the best province for you. Affordable housing and especially low land prices make it possible to build your dream acreage and live the life you always wanted!
We are doing exactly that, we have 160 acres, purchased a brand new house and are making our little peace of heaven. The land is very hilly, has cultivated acres we rent out for some income and there is a beautiful body of water on it. Check our website: http://www.wvincanada.com/ Sorry it's in Dutch... we are creating a new English version in the near future. You can check the "Foto's" section though to see how we live or try Google translator :)

Why we're writing this? We want to help people who are having a hard time coming over to this beautiful country. We are very thankful to the SINP for helping us move to Saskatchewan.
Fire off any questions you have and we will help you were we can, we have some resources to job listing websites and can inform you on job requirements and how employers think/work over here from our own experience! We can also answer all your questions about the SINP.

We did a lot of research before we got here talking with other immigrants on their experiences and reading various magazines and e-books.

Hope to hear from you!
Vince Peek
contact@wvincanada.com

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
Very true, its the time of Saskatchewan now.

wantabnomination

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7 2010
Doc's Request.
Never
Nomination.....
May 8 2010
But still its job offer thats a problem, who would want to hire some one on phone interview and wait for 1 year to join.

Vince

Oct 25, 2009
RM of Round Hill (SK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@wantabnomination
Well my employer did just that... We never even talked on the phone, just email.
We talked about that when I worked at his company for a year and he said that he had a real hard time finding somebody for the position and was willing to take a gamble. I did send him long emails with all my work experience/training so he had good idea of my skills. He believed me and he got that trust from my emails.
It only takes one employer that is willing to work with you but it takes a lot of determination to find him.
Vince

wantabnomination

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7 2010
Doc's Request.
Never
Nomination.....
May 8 2010
Wow! you were really lucky and I completely agree that you need a firm determination to find some one like that but want to add luck also play a very big part in finding one.

qaiser

Star Member
Apr 26, 2009
hey please tell me from start how to get job offer .Iam a Software Engineer And my Husband is Network engineer boths have 2 years exp .please tell me are there any consultants to get job ? any websites >? please tell me all .ill be thankfull to you.if any body can help me there in Sinp to get job offer ?

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vince said:
@ wantabnomination
Well my employer did just that... We never even talked on the phone, just email.
We talked about that when I worked at his company for a year and he said that he had a real hard time finding somebody for the position and was willing to take a gamble. I did send him long emails with all my work experience/training so he had good idea of my skills. He believed me and he got that trust from my emails.
It only takes one employer that is willing to work with you but it takes a lot of determination to find him.
Vince
May I ask you what you do (your profession)? I visited your website and you have got beautiful farm and house (and beautiful wife too). Loved your horses. How much did you pay for 160 acres of land in SK? I thought you came to SK as an investor with a lot of money?

Bozica

Feb 2, 2009
Hi All,

I am also of the opinion that it's not that easy to get a job offer. I have also been advised by the the Director of SINP through his letter to find a job and apply for SINP rather than waiting for my PR. For last more than 4 years, I have been applying for jobs in my field (experienced veterinary consultant), unfortunately, I hardly get any response, even for the receipt of my application. I am the man for the animals and farms and I am pretty sure to establish a sound career in SK once I am there. I am DVM with Business Management. Very discouraging so far. I believe the employers are scared to recruit from outside of Canada, probably the rules are tough for the employers. Anyways, I won't pull back and keep on applying for my jobs and one day, THAT'S IT..

Bozica

Vince

Oct 25, 2009
RM of Round Hill (SK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@nix1
We came over as mechanical engineers.
The quarter section (160 acres) was about $50.000 and that's not too bad. There is cheaper available but this quarter section has lots of special features and is sooo beautiful. We came here with 15.000 euro, we worked and saved very hard in the first 2 years in SK and that's how we got this property and the new house. We've hit lots of bumps along the way but we just kept going, believing in our dream and here we are now!
Vince
PS: it also takes a good marriage to get a project like this done :)

www.wvincanada.com

Hope42010

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Brazil
Thanks Vince, for the words of encouragement and for sharing your story with us.

I too have looked at the Saskatchewan province as an option of immigration, I have sent letters, resumes, made international phone calls etc., to job advertisers with no success, one of then is “still thinking over 4 weeks” and honestly I am feeling hopeless but will continue fighting for my families future.

Unlike the majority here, I am not a college graduated which reduces my options, I “just” build houses and cabinets, see my work at http://s924.photobucket.com/albums/ad82/Lino_twc/?albumview=grid and @ http://s924.photobucket.com/albums/ad82/Lino_twc/construction/?albumview=grid people said that I do know how to put couple studs together…
Like you I have honest intentions of settling down in a place where my family can call it HOME the question is when…
Regarding to your house project, it looks very good and it shall be very warm with the under floor radiant heat in conjunction with the foam brick basement walls, high efficient selection. I saw the basement windows, concerning snow accumulation won’t that be a problem?

If you want, you can contact me @ lino@trilloswoodwork.com

Cya

Vince

Oct 25, 2009
RM of Round Hill (SK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Hope,

There are 2 windows where the snow could come pretty close, but we will find out in a few weeks :) should be alright and the windows at the walkout are at least 4 ft from the ground. We don't get that much snow here it just doesn't melt away for about 6 months.
Going by your photos you seem to be a very skilled carpenter, that skill is always in high demand here. You could be self employed or work for one of the construction companies and it's all stick build houses here.
I did a search for carpenter on Saskjobs.ca: http://www.saskjobs.ca/jsp/joborder/listing.jsp?filter_by=2&keywords=carpenter&job_order_id=&program_id=-1&noc_skill_type=7&region_id=0
You have to find a company that is not afraid to start the process of hiring a foreign worker. You really have to convince them by showing the pictures of your work. Maybe you can make a digital portfolio that you can email to a future employer? That should really help.
Good luck!
Vince

www.wvincanada.com

Hope42010

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Brazil
Hi again Vince,

Just make sure you have a storm window in place and a tube of silicone caulking just in case as four feet is not much considering snow accumulation in your area.

Thank you for the compliments I truly appreciate it. I use to work back in the USA and even got a builders license because I use to be a construction supervisor.
Normally it would be a plus but according to my research it seems that the companies are reluctant to hire a person like me, because they think that eventually I will leave and open my own business which is kind of true not only to me but to all of us.

So the problem is if you know a lot, you are a threat, and if don’t know enough you are not considered, kind the funny situation… besides the fact that I am not in the country also helps with the situation specially because they don’t like to answer phone calls from candidates.

Considering that the majority of constructions companies are small ownership, I believe that best option for me is to work for a housing manufactory like the one you use to get your house.
Digital portfolio… sounds good, how do I make one?

Thanks for the link; I will try to get in touch with then.
And for the last, I don’t want to deviate from your original post, maybe we should continue our conversation using or private email.

Regards,
Lino

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
hi guys,

i aplied fpr a permanent residency to Canada way back in 2005 and its still in process. (From Philippines). Just last month, i went to Regina, saskatchewan on a work permit. What are my options in order to fast track our PR application as I want to be re-united with my family -here. Is it true that i have to wait fr 6 mos before i can apply for SINP? Should pursue this even with my PR application being processed thanks!!

Kel

genesis04

Nov 24, 2009
Good day.. Hello vince. I am an SINP applicant in manila and i just finished my medical last aug. 17 (the date they passed my medical to the embassy in manila). And it's been 3 months already and we hadn't received any notice from the visa officer. I am just wondering if my medical is good or not. The clinic told me that wait for 45 days from the time they passed the medical result if they would be needing any further examination or other requirements. I'm just worried that I will be waiting for long months and at the end they would refuse my application or deny. Please enlightened me if you have any idea of the time frame in processing your application. I would gladly appreciate in responding to this inquiry.