+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed WP NOC vs PR NOC

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Any update you got on this
My AOR is 23 August, I have planned to wait till like 23 November to get my GCMC Notes and then apply for webform based on the situation then, maybe someone experienced can help. You mentioned that you had a discussion with your lawyer regarding the same, can you please detail out what he said

@legalfalcon please help us in this case this is a little worrisome for me

Last edited:

EVanCEC

Star Member
May 7, 2020
no update yet, I raised a webform because
1. My passport got updated with my latest visa
2. The end date on my Canada employment letter was extended from 31 Dec to 30 June

apart from these two I didn't raise any webform, hope it helps
Thanks.Hope eligibility is still progress

aviral007

Jan 13, 2023
My eligibility updated as Recommend Pass based on the IRCC agent confirmation, 94% completed
Hi, would really appreciate your insight on this. I have a similar issue where the NOC on my WP and the extended WP maybe different than the one I applied for in my PR application. Even I am from testing background and the correct code for me is 2171 but I believe another value was used on WP from the 217 family. Could you please tell me what you did for this problem and did it cause any issue with your PR application ?

aviral007

Jan 13, 2023
Whoever, needs to reference this this thread in future, here's what happened in my case.

So I came to Canada as a Intra Company Transferee candidate on a closed work permit with LMIA exemption. My company has a policy where they don't get involved in openly supporting the PR applications for their employees and hence the company does not even disclose the NOC code. The NOC code is neither mentioned on my work permit nor in my offer letter from the company. But I came to find out from some documents that the company had most likely sent the code 2174 for my work permit. And I have assumed that the same code was used for my work permit renewal in Aug, 2022.

I submitted my application for PR in Feb 2023 and I selected the NOC code 21222 (2171) as it best suited my roles and responsibilities. Till that point I didn't know what NOC code was used for my WP. After submission, I randomly saw one post on FB on that Ask Kubeir page where somebody's application was rejected or something because the NOC code on WP and NOC code in PR application were different. Then it hit me that I might have the same case and after frenetic google search, I landed on this thread.

However, this thread appeared inactive, with the last participants posting in very early 2021. But nevertheless I read through the posts here and one such candidate had mentioned that even though this was the case for them they did not do any changes via ADR and just waited. the IRCC folks though didn't raise any concern for them and they were issued PR successfully. That gave me confidence to just leave it and not do anything. Neither raising any ADR/webform/CSE request for change no calling the IRCC agent on their support line and asking on the same.

Plus I also observed that the NOC description on the Statistics Canada page for the code on my WP - 2174 and it's new value after Nov 2022 -> 21230, both have some detail in the "Additional Information" section where it is mentioned that with experience the candidate's progression to 2171 (21222) is possible.

The above info on the Statistics Canada page and the case of that applicant then really provided a big relief and I left it and totally forgot about it.

And yesterday, I received the update that my Eligibility phase in the PR application has been completed.

I hope this helps anyone who lands unfortunately in this scenario.

Here is my timeline for PR journey so far, for reference:
CEC (Inland)
Applying as a single applicant without any dependents
CRS: 544
NOC: 21222
PVO: CIO Sydney
SVO: CIO Ottawa
ITA: Jan 11, 2023
Profile submitted: Feb 18, 2023
AOR: Feb 18, 2023
MEP: Mar 10, 2023
BIO: Mar 10, 2023