+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CLIENT ID NUMBER

math

May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been wondering why nothing has been changing on the ecas thingy, its been since july2010 but from what i have read now on the cic website. They are saying there are 2 client IDs one for the sponsor and the other for the sponsored person? We never did get the letter and i called them several times, they told me there were a bunch never mailed and i get it later, well its 2012 still nothing but it was approved and sent to Singapore and he told me of only one client ID i guess being mine since its my info i have to key in. Is this correct? should i call and try to find out my wifes client id so we can check, i have recently applied for the gcms notes but the way they move who knows.

anyways thanks

Q6: I am sponsoring a member of my family and cannot see the status of my application on CAS. Why?

A6: When trying to retrieve information about a sponsorship application, it is important to make sure that all the fields in CAS contain information about the sponsor. For example, to see the status of a sponsorship application sent to the case processing centre in Mississauga, you must use the sponsor's identification number (example: client #, receipt no, etc), along with the sponsor's name, date of birth and place of birth.

To see the status of the sponsored individual's application for permanent residence being processed, you must use the sponsored individual's identification number (example: client no, receipt no, etc), as well as his/her name, date of birth and place of birth.

A

AmiMarin

The Client ID number is just the sponsering persons info to log in. Your wife should have and Immigration File Number to check her e-cas. Im sponsoring my husband and have a Client ID for my name and info and he has an Immigration File number for his. My Client Id number shows me that the sponsorship was approved and the status of his PRA. His Immigration File number only shows his PRA status. We got his number on the AOR so I would think it should be somewhere on your AOR...it should be a LETTER (mine starts with B maybe everybodys is a different letter?) and 9 numbers after that letter.

math

May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi and thank you for replying, but my wife never did receive the AOR and its been since july 2010 the application was sent to the embassy overseas for processing according to my client id. Is there anyway to find out this file # so we can see something?

thank you

A

AmiMarin

Did they confirm the address they have on file to send those papers they say they have for you? i would get on their @ss to send the mail again or maybe they could fax a copy. If they mail it ask them for a tracking number. Who knows what the mail is...maybe PPR was in one of those letters and that would suck that you've been waiting so long for it while they have it sitting there in the office! sorry i cant be of more help. Good luck.

math

May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The AOR is just a confirmation that the package has reached the embassy? She never got anything, and every time I call the help line their not helpful at all and rude to boot!!!! I dont have a clue on how to get answers with this when no one helps and just passes u off and know where to turn to get answers, seems they take the money from my credit card some quick for the fees but wont help me with answers!

thanks for the reply anyways!

math

May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was able to get the visa file number by emailing the embassy. I was shocked my wife got a reply with the number! She kept the email short and sweet with just her details including the client id number. But when i check the status it says the same thing as the client id lol... just read in july 2011 they received the file. I guess there is no way to know whats going on.

thanks

A

AmiMarin

awsome!!! But very disappointing that there was nothing new when you finally got into it :(. What visa office is your application at? Mine was also recieved in July 2011 (july 6th) and it still just say "application recieved"

A

AmiMarin

oh, i just read above yours is in Singapore :p. Also, i forgot in my last post you...maybe you should try to send another email asking where the mail is that they said they have for you (AOR)? If they were never sent out or if they were sent to the wrong address or whatever happened that you havent recieved them get them to fix it. Just that it would really suck if when they send out your PPR they have the same problem and it doesnt get to you.

math

May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ AmiMarin So you are in the same boat with the status not changing in e-cas. I have read some posts and its hard to get certain info from the embassy, some people never get answers. My wife said her address is correct when she checks her status... i know the mail is not great in her country so its a concern. I wonder if anyone else who had their file transfer in the summer of 2011 is having the same trouble????

A

AmiMarin

Ya mines the same...still just says "application recieved- we recieved your application on July 6, 2011"
We are using a "representative" and he sent us the papers to get a police check and the kids medicals done in August because when we did the application we were in Canada and they were in Guatemala so couldnt get theirs done with my husbands. He said we should hear something or see something on ecas by Nov 18th as that is 3months and one week after the meds were sent in which is apperently how long it takes the embassy to look at them or whatever they do with them. But we still havent heard ANYTHING.
I have emailed them 3 or 4 times asking if they could just let me know that the meds were recieved or for an update on the status but I never got a reply. I did get a reply from the Minister of Immigration of Canada (I sent an email asking about the ARC my husband has to get before he comes back to Canada) they said that the background check was being done and the application was still with in normal proccessing times (18 months for Guatemala) this was back in August. So I dont know, maybe ecas just isnt getting updated (if the background check is being done wouldnt that mean that the application is in proccess??)
I dont know...i knew that this could take awhile but i never thought this long. The lawyer or representative said it should only be 4-6 months with an outland application because we have two kids who are here with me in Canada and my husband has two from a previous relationship who will also be coming to Canada. I really thought we would be kept up to date better than this...I keep trying to convince myself that no news is good news so hopefully it is.

math

May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So we have the same status maybe its that time, we should start a new thread for July file transfers? My wife did her medical before everything and mailed it to me and i mailed it in with the application to Mississauga, this was the way it was explained in the application. I read alot about people doing medicals after they mailed it in? I worry about this because i remember the expiry was only 3 months and i mailed in April but didn't get mailed to the embassy until july and we never hear anything nor receive anything. Very frustrating system when there is no help. I agree with you that it is probably in process with this status. Did you order GCMS notes? I have, and iam still waiting on that too.... ???

A

AmiMarin

What are GCMS notes?? I have heard that meds expire after 3 months, 6 months and 1 year...I have no clue which is the actual expiery time or if its different for each class or different countries. I hope its the 1year.

math

May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If its one year for spousal sponsorship medical I should be ok. GCMS notes can provide you an status update here is a link you can read about it http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes