+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CKD patient for Newfoundland PNP

Mohammad007

Aug 27, 2023
Hello everyone, today I got my gcms notes where it is showing that we have passed every criteria except my wife’s medical which is still showing in progress with M5 note in it and it is transferred to Niagara office for further assessment which is showing need to be assessed. Can anyone guide me at this stage what needed to be done from my side and if we can fight this to get our PR? I hope no one falls into this situation and any suggestions will be helpful…

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, today I got my gcms notes where it is showing that we have passed every criteria except my wife’s medical which is still showing in progress with M5 note in it and it is transferred to Niagara office for further assessment which is showing need to be assessed. Can anyone guide me at this stage what needed to be done from my side and if we can fight this to get our PR? I hope no one falls into this situation and any suggestions will be helpful…
Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do but wait for IRCC to complete their further review of your wife's medicals. I assume you have not received a procedural fairness letter yet?

Reactions: Naturgrl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately given her genetic kidney condition this was pretty predictable from the start. This is one of the risks of coming to Canada as a temporary resident knowing you have health issues that may get worse over time. The fact that a transplant seems inevitable may be one of the considerations. Have you already been approved as a donor for your spouse? Typically people aren’t matched until transplant is a consideration. Kidney disease is one of the big issues that IRCC looks for because dialysis is very expensive and so is a transplant although less expensive over the longterm. I assume that because a very large percentage of newcomers are from South East Asia where there is a high prevalence of kidney disease that is another reason they look for kidney function. Nobody can anticipate what IRCC will do. Their medical staff will be reviewing by our wife’s test results, the nephrologists letter and researching their genetic condition.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What do you think regarding defending a pfl in tjis situation???
It is impossible to say what will happen. It really depends on the actual medicals. How severe kidney function is now. Based on her genetic condition it seems that transplant is going to be necessary but when will be a factor. It 20 years from now likely not an issue but 0-10 years could be an issue. If you have done all the testing to know that you qualify as a match and will be donating your kidney that could be an argument that costs will be somewhat contained because dialysis will hopefully will be avoided. You both will then have to prove that you will not place excessive demands on the healthcare system since you wi both have surgery. Would also show that you have additional funds to support yourselves to supplement time off and have jobs that have extended health benefits and are not dependent on the province for things like medication and other healthcare costs not covered by the provincial govenment. If you do get PFL you should hire a lawyer who has experience with excessive medical demands for you best shot at getting PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: canuck78

Mohammad007

Aug 27, 2023
It's really impossible for any of us to say one way or the other. It will depend on how IRCC assesses the situation. Unfortunately there is nothing you can really do but wait and hope. Good luck.
Just wanted to ask you one thing if you can shed some light on it….If i go to my local MP or Minister ask for a recommendation or seek for any help will that be any good like an exemption from their end…Or should we wait until we get any decision from ircc….I am asking as I saw an M5 on her medical gcms note and feeling helpless as we want to call it home….Thanks for your help and Thanking you guys won’t be enough for the support you gave to us….

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just wanted to ask you one thing if you can shed some light on it….If i go to my local MP or Minister ask for a recommendation or seek for any help will that be any good like an exemption from their end…Or should we wait until we get any decision from ircc….I am asking as I saw an M5 on her medical gcms note and feeling helpless as we want to call it home….Thanks for your help and Thanking you guys won’t be enough for the support you gave to us….
MPs cannot change or influence IRCC decisions. MPs certainly cannot grant medical exemptions. All the MP can really do is inquire about the status of your application. But you already know that information.

The next step is really to wait and see how IRCC processes your wife's medical. Hopefully they approve. If not, you can expect to receive a PFL and will be given the opportunity to present arguments to try to address IRCC's concerns.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What do you think regarding defending a pfl in tjis situation???
It's hard for any of us to really answer that. It will depend on how IRCC has assessed her medical condition. If you get a PFL, then my recommendation will be to hire an immigration lawyer to help you with the response.

Reactions: canuck78

EHC8020

Oct 26, 2023
Hi, any update on your case? moreover what stage she is currently in CKD stage? eGFR and serum creatinine? AC ratio?

Mohammad007

Aug 27, 2023
Was your wife asked to provide more medical information or do more testing? It can take up to a few months to have medicals reviewed by an MD working for IRCC.
We already provided doctors note and since then no update. What about you? Are you on the same boat?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We already provided doctors note and since then no update. What about you? Are you on the same boat?
When did you submit the additional medical information? Typically it will take at least a month for the information to be reviewed but can be much longer. What stage is the CKD? Stage 4? Not waiting for a medical to be processed.