+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship timeline-Saskatoon, SK

saskatoonsnip

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
met a family at oath ceremony in saskatoon today. Test date was march 24 , 2016 and oath on april 27, 2016 ....time is reducing here in saskatoon

Dammyy

May 7, 2016
Hello everyone . I need some help with information.
My wife and I passed our citizenship test in Saskatoon on August 27th, 2015.
During the interview which started off well we answered all questions until the officer asked my wife (the principal applicant) which company sponsored her since we applied under skilled worker program.. Funny my wife totally forgot the name of the company since it is owned by her dads friend and she only did volunteer work with until she got her first job here. My wife answered that she couldn't remember the name and that the job was no longer available upon her arrival and that such info would be in her files. The officer agreed and said to expect a letter in a maximum of two months.
It's about 9 months now and still 'in process' with no updates . Last update shown is the one inviting us for the citizenship test.
We have called the cic call center several times and told no updates and to call back every 6 month.
We have received no letter requesting additional documents.
Everyone we know who did their test even less than 2 months ago have done their oath.
We filled the web for on the CIC website a month ago or more an got a response on the 11th of April 2016 saying, " thank you for your email. Your application is currently under review. The clearances are pending.there is no time frame as to when the clearance will pass".

I still ask my wife why she was nervous and just couldn't answer the question till today considering we are legal immigrants and got our PR from our home country before moving to Canada but seems more like crying over spilt milk.
Any advise on this or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Applied from Saskatoon in November 2016 and still waiting

Current Ecas Status is:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 3,
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called called Discover Canada Discover Canada on December 7, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on January 5, 2017.
4. We sent you a notice on April 19, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 16, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please appointment, please contact us contact us.

Citizenship test was passed in May and interview was also conducted on the same day but since then nothing happened. Called them several times but was told to wait till November 2017 until the processing time of 12 months is overdue.

Now 12 month processing time is overdue and nothing happened, would anyone please advise what action should be taken to expedite the remaining process of citizenship application?

Many thanks in advance.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Applied from Saskatoon in November 2016 and still waiting

Current Ecas Status is:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 3,
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called called Discover Canada Discover Canada on December 7, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on January 5, 2017.
4. We sent you a notice on April 19, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 16, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please appointment, please contact us contact us.

Citizenship test was passed in May and interview was also conducted on the same day but since then nothing happened. Called them several times but was told to wait till November 2017 until the processing time of 12 months is overdue.

Now 12 month processing time is overdue and nothing happened, would anyone please advise what action should be taken to expedite the remaining process of citizenship application?

Many thanks in advance.
That’s too long. I was hoping for quicker processing.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Hello everyone . I need some help with information.
My wife and I passed our citizenship test in Saskatoon on August 27th, 2015.
During the interview which started off well we answered all questions until the officer asked my wife (the principal applicant) which company sponsored her since we applied under skilled worker program.. Funny my wife totally forgot the name of the company since it is owned by her dads friend and she only did volunteer work with until she got her first job here. My wife answered that she couldn't remember the name and that the job was no longer available upon her arrival and that such info would be in her files. The officer agreed and said to expect a letter in a maximum of two months.
It's about 9 months now and still 'in process' with no updates . Last update shown is the one inviting us for the citizenship test.
We have called the cic call center several times and told no updates and to call back every 6 month.
We have received no letter requesting additional documents.
Everyone we know who did their test even less than 2 months ago have done their oath.
We filled the web for on the CIC website a month ago or more an got a response on the 11th of April 2016 saying, " thank you for your email. Your application is currently under review. The clearances are pending.there is no time frame as to when the clearance will pass".

I still ask my wife why she was nervous and just couldn't answer the question till today considering we are legal immigrants and got our PR from our home country before moving to Canada but seems more like crying over spilt milk.
Any advise on this or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all
Did you try calling the cic helpline?

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
I applied in October 2017 and got AOR on November 16th. I am interested to know the average processing time for Saskatoon office too.
what is the average processing time right now in Saskatoon office

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Sounds good. I will update here of any progress. Hope you will do the same. Thanks

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
I may be wrong but I always thought there are 2 offices for case processing in Saskatchewan. Saskatoon and Regina. Correct me if I am wrong please. Thanks
you guys know if Regina's applications are also processed in Saskatoon?