+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship timeline-Saskatoon, SK

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I am starting this new thread for grant of citizenship applicants whose local office is Saskatoon. This thread will not only provide a platform for Saskatoon applicants to share their timeline and discuss various issues but also will be instrumental in estimating the time required for Citizenship, especially at Saskatoon Office.

Here is my timeline:
Application sent: 23 May 2013
Application received: 27 May 2013
In Process: 6 Sep 2013
AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt)+Discover Canada booklet received: 30 Sep, 2013
File transfer: 4 Nov, 2013

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No one from Saskatoon :( :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Simkr said:
Hi guys,

I am starting this new thread for grant of citizenship applicants whose local office is Saskatoon. This thread will not only provide a platform for Saskatoon applicants to share their timeline and discuss various issues but also will be instrumental in estimating the time required for Citizenship, especially at Saskatoon Office.

Here is my timeline:

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To which office did you send your application? And to which office was the application transferred?

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my grant of citizenship application to Sydney and recently transferred to the local office Saskatoon.
Please share your timeline.

sask28 said:
To which office did you send your application? And to which office was the application transferred?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simkr said:
Hi guys,

Here is my timeline:
i am newbie compared to your timelines but my application was received oct 24/2013 by sydney office - in saskatoon as well..
good luck,

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15: So i am not the only one from Saskatoon. ;D

By the end of this year, u can expect an eCAS update (in process) and AOR by mid Jan 2014.

There is very less data available on citizenship processing timeline at the Saskatoon office. So not sure whether this office is fast or slow.

...appreciate any input in it.

sept15 said:
i am newbie compared to your timelines but my application was received oct 24/2013 by sydney office - in saskatoon as well..
good luck,

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simkr said:
sept15: So i am not the only one from Saskatoon. ;D

By the end of this year, u can expect an eCAS update (in process) and AOR by mid Jan 2014.

There is very less data available on citizenship processing timeline at the Saskatoon office. So not sure whether this office is fast or slow.

...appreciate any input in it.
hey simkr, definitely no... thanks for the info. so you are thinking my erase should reflect some info by end of december - lets see what happens... and by the way talking about s'toon processing time - i know two friends of mine - their process has been going for more than 2 years now... one of them got a RQ last summer, I believe... so its not like Windsor (super fast one). I think Saskatoon falls in that 25 months average processing time.... my 2 cents.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your eCAS ll likely to be initiated by the end of December. On eCAS, it generally shows "received" and "in process". u can expect AOR+Discover Canada booklet sometime in Jan, 2014. if you dont get RQed (wish u not), your file ll be transferred to Saskatoon by the March.

So, we have to wait longer than others....that sucks (always hate waiting part).

RQ can be issued from Sydney and then from the local office during the citizenship test. Did your friend appear in the Citizenship test and get RQed.

Are you self-employed or employed? Single or Family application? How often did you travel in last 4 years?

For myself:
i am employed since the day one after landing in Canada
Single application
Traveled thrice but not to USA

Considering my file is transferred to Saskatoon, i have avoided Sydney RQ. I am keeping my finger crossed hope wont get RQed.

sept15 said:
hey simkr, definitely no... thanks for the info. so you are thinking my erase should reflect some info by end of december - lets see what happens... and by the way talking about s'toon processing time - i know two friends of mine - their process has been going for more than 2 years now... one of them got a RQ last summer, I believe... so its not like Windsor (super fast one). I think Saskatoon falls in that 25 months average processing time.... my 2 cents.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simkr said:
Your eCAS ll likely to be initiated by the end of December. On eCAS, it generally shows "received" and "in process". u can expect AOR+Discover Canada booklet sometime in Jan, 2014. if you dont get RQed (wish u not), your file ll be transferred to Saskatoon by the March.

So, we have to wait longer than others....that sucks (always hate waiting part).

RQ can be issued from Sydney and then from the local office during the citizenship test. Did your friend appear in the Citizenship test and get RQed.

Are you self-employed or employed? Single or Family application? How often did you travel in last 4 years?

For myself:
i am employed since the day one after landing in Canada
Single application
Traveled thrice but not to USA

Considering my file is transferred to Saskatoon, i have avoided Sydney RQ. I am keeping my finger crossed hope wont get RQed.
thanks,

Yes, he/she wrote the test and was given the RQ.

I am empolyed (not self employed);
Single Application (not family);
just travelled once for 3-months...

i hope i don't get RQ - submitted extra documents such as 'all pages' of the last 4 passports, letter of employements from employer, T4s last four years, CRA assessment letters last 4 years, utility bills, land title, paystubs, in short, submitted everything i had - lol. but you never know CIC.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi sept15:

Oh you submitted quite few extra documents. For me, i submitted my employment letter to be sure.

What do you think if we wont get RQed (keep finger crossed for that), it 's still gonna take 25 months. i know once someone get RQed it delays processing time substantially let's say 25 to 35 months (non-routine application).

sept15 said:
thanks,

Yes, he/she wrote the test and was given the RQ.

I am empolyed (not self employed);
Single Application (not family);
just travelled once for 3-months...

i hope i don't get RQ - submitted extra documents such as 'all pages' of the last 4 passports, letter of employements from employer, T4s last four years, CRA assessment letters last 4 years, utility bills, land title, paystubs, in short, submitted everything i had - lol. but you never know CIC.

yl113mc

Nov 11, 2013
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 17, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 17, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on September 25, 2013.
::) ::) ::)

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yl113mc: congrats and good luck.

For me, it took 3 months to see eCAS initiation (Sep 6). in your case, just over months (Sep 25). Seems your file is moving quite fast. hope to see your file transfer to Saskatoon within 2 months. my file was transferred on Nov 4.

yl113mc said:
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 17, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 17, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on September 25, 2013.
::) ::) ::)

yl113mc

Nov 11, 2013
Simkr said:
yl113mc: congrats and good luck.

For me, it took 3 months to see eCAS initiation (Sep 6). in your case, just over months (Sep 25). Seems your file is moving quite fast. hope to see your file transfer to Saskatoon within 2 months. my file was transferred on Nov 4.
Hi, Simkr, how do you know that your file has been transferred to the local office? hope it will work out well :)

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only way to know about file transfer is to call CIC. if you call them, the normal answer u ll get is it's too early to inquire about it and it's internal process. they expect us to call after 25 months. So, long story short, they wont even bother to look at system.
But i said but, only few agents take a step ahead than other and feed your info on system to check the status (i called trice and got twice answer as it's too early but third time agent confirm the file transfer).

yl113mc said:
Hi, Simkr, how do you know that your file has been transferred to the local office? hope it will work out well :)

bokkie

Sep 10, 2013
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 15, 2011.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 15, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 22, 2012.

Note, that none of the events below were updated on eCAS, I actually had to get it from the call centre

4. File transferred to S'toon office on the 19/06/2013

5. Fingerprint Request sent on the 28/06/2013

6. Fingerprints submitted electronically on the 04/07/2013

7. Security clearance obtained 16/07/2013

This on ecas

8. Letter to write citizenship test on the 24/09/2013 received on the 10/09/2013.

Wrote test, passed and awaiting ceremony. They said it generally takes 2-3 months after test to attend oath if no further information is requested.