sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
antok said:
Ya, who knows. I phoned cic and their response about application process sing times is that those posted on their website are "average times" they are not guaranteed to complete any application within that time frame. Nice. So, it could take years I asked and they said probably not but yes. Not reassuring.
yes but from what I have seen cities like Winnipeg, Saskatoon try to complete an application within 21-24 months time (non-RQed).. but yes there are odd ones too... A friend of mine was RQed in Saskatoon and his application has been going more than 3 years now...

but i hope they are catching up with the new amendments and the increased fee...

did you say or FUA that one of you will attend the ceremony and inquire...

antok

Dec 30, 2014
I am going to try to go. I just want to see how far back the people there wrote their exam. When did your friend with the rq write his exam. Are they from saskatoon? What country did they come from?

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
I called CIC today and they told my file is in Saskatoon office. No test is booked at this point.. But they wouldn't know if anything is sent from local office today or not.

Normally how many days notice you guys get when you invited to write test. And I hopes it come by post....

antok

Dec 30, 2014
We got about a month and a half notice. We got a letter in the mail and it was posted on ecas. We wrote at the cosmo community Centre on Laurier with about 20 or 30 other people. It took about 2 hours from start of test to the interview. They tell you right away if you passed. Never try to cheat as someone there did and was not good for them. Just study the book.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sinpguy said:
I called CIC today and they told my file is in Saskatoon office. No test is booked at this point.. But they wouldn't know if anything is sent from local office today or not.

Normally how many days notice you guys get when you invited to write test. And I hopes it come by post....
I got about 3 weeks notice... and no ecas update until 3 weeks AFTER the test was done... so do not rely on ecas.. a friend of mine got 2 weeks notice for the test.

antok - good idea and keep us posted.

sinpguy - i think you can expect the test in 2-3 months time, if not earlier.

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Thanks sep15 and antok for the information... :)

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
anyone has update from CIC or call centre?
do we need to wait for enough people to the oath or still waiting for anything?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suresure said:
anyone has update from CIC or call centre?
do we need to wait for enough people to the oath or still waiting for anything?
the number of people is not the issue here. there are a lot of people waiting for the oath. the issue here is scheduling an oath, finding a venue and the single judge in Saskatchewan...

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
anyone call cic and ask for update?
People who took test in Jan and Feb, do you receive oath? Are there any oaths coming in April?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey people. Do let us know if anyone go to the oath today and ask questions to the new citizens. Would be good to ask when they applied and when they had the test and if they are from saskatoon or Regina.

antok

Dec 30, 2014
There are two oath ceremonies today. One at 10:30 am and the second at 2:30pm. Both are at the same venue on 22nd St. Hall b centennial auditorium (tc place). I am trying to make it to both as they are different groups. I may only make it to the morning one. Do people from regina come to saskatoon and vice versa?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
antok said:
There are two oath ceremonies today. One at 10:30 am and the second at 2:30pm. Both are at the same venue on 22nd St. Hall b centennial auditorium (tc place). I am trying to make it to both as they are different groups. I may only make it to the morning one. Do people from regina come to saskatoon and vice versa?
Antok. Thank you and yes.

youmair

Mar 25, 2015
HI,

I applied for citizenship in July 2013 and got my letter for test in first week of Jan 2015 (almost 14 month) after the file got in processing.

long story short I gave the test on 28th Jan and because my wife travelled on 12th Jan she was unable to appear in the test.

now she is back and we are still waiting for his test. does anyone has any idea how much time after she will get the new test date. she called CIC and they said she is not booked yet to any date.

thanks

antok

Dec 30, 2014
I made it to the 2:30 oath ceremony today (still going on). 96 people took the oath. About 300 people in audience. Judge Terrance omally had the oath takers stand in their seats and take the oath as a group. Then, one by one he called each individual to come up and shake his hand and get their certificate. They had to sign something at a side table after ward. The oath takers were middle aged people with families. Some young adults. Some single people. A uhandful of eastern Europeans, Phillipines and easy Indian and some African people. A real mixed group of cultures and ages. I spoke with three different people. First guy was Philippine and he had applied in august or 2013 and wrote his test in January from saskatoon.he had a wife and kids.
The second person was from saskatoon, forgot when they applied but had written their test in November.
The last guy was single from Russia and he wrote his test in January as well and was told at the time it would be 2-4 months before he got oath. So it took him the 2 months for oath. I left before everyone was finished being called up and it was ending with everyone singing the national anthem and the judge was willing to take pictures with everyone individually. It was all very casual and a formality. Cheers and good luck everyone!