sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
antok said:
I made it to the 2:30 oath ceremony today (still going on). 96 people took the oath. About 300 people in audience. Judge Terrance omally had the oath takers stand in their seats and take the oath as a group. Then, one by one he called each individual to come up and shake his hand and get their certificate. They had to sign something at a side table after ward. The oath takers were middle aged people with families. Some young adults. Some single people. A uhandful of eastern Europeans, Phillipines and easy Indian and some African people. A real mixed group of cultures and ages. I spoke with three different people. First guy was Philippine and he had applied in august or 2013 and wrote his test in January from saskatoon.he had a wife and kids.
The second person was from saskatoon, forgot when they applied but had written their test in November.
The last guy was single from Russia and he wrote his test in January as well and was told at the time it would be 2-4 months before he got oath. So it took him the 2 months for oath. I left before everyone was finished being called up and it was ending with everyone singing the national anthem and the judge was willing to take pictures with everyone individually. It was all very casual and a formality. Cheers and good luck everyone!
thanks antok. appreciate that you took time, attended the oath, questioned people and updated us. much appreciated.

96 people is a good number and I can safely assume THREE test sitting (30 in each test average)... I am glad that some of them had the tests in January. Hopefully a) they will have an oath in April b) invite people who wrote the test in January and Feb/March, 2015.

thanks again.

antok

Dec 30, 2014
Yes it looks like 2-4 months for standard no problem applicants. I was surprised there were so many oath takers. I thought it would be half that. I do believe there are more test sessions offered more frequently that there are oath ceremonies. . I wish I could have spoken to more people but it was a real celebratory time for people with their family and friends and I did not want to be too creepy or intrude.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
antok said:
Yes it looks like 2-4 months for standard no problem applicants. I was surprised there were so many oath takers. I thought it would be half that. I do believe there are more test sessions offered more frequently that there are oath ceremonies. . I wish I could have spoken to more people but it was a real celebratory time for people with their family and friends and I did not want to be too creepy or intrude.
same here, i thought its gonna be 30-40 people because of the space...

there are chances that the next oath can be in Regina (they might alternate it).

did you chat with anyone (from official people) about possible next oath?

amerzd

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you ANTOK for your detailed update.

I wanted to add that one of my friend had attended oath ceremony in the morning time (9:45am), as per him there were 90 people took oath.

So 90 + 96 = 186 is a big number !!!, as we have seen the pattern and can guess that January 2015 (Test) has been done by today.

Those who had February 2015 (Test) including myself are somewhere in April or by May 2015.... almost at finish line !!!

Last but not least, if we hear Oath invites by early April then it is in April and if we don't then May... your comments please ??

antok

Dec 30, 2014
I agree. Seems like regular applications are following this pattern. When did your friend write their exam?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amerzd said:
Thank you ANTOK for your detailed update.

I wanted to add that one of my friend had attended oath ceremony in the morning time (9:45am), as per him there were 90 people took oath.

So 90 + 96 = 186 is a big number !!!, as we have seen the pattern and can guess that January 2015 (Test) has been done by today.

Those who had February 2015 (Test) including myself are somewhere in April or by May 2015.... almost at finish line !!!

Last but not least, if we hear Oath invites by end of first week of April then it is in April and if we don't then May... your comments please ??
hi amerzd,

thanks for sharing that.

i know for a fact that not everyone who wrote the test in january was invited for oath today. I know someone who wrote the tes Jan 27 and no oath - normal application.

i have a feeling that it is going to be in May because 1) the last oath was in January, no oath in Feb 2) there has not been an oath in regina for a while now. May looks better? just a guess though.

amerzd

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
antok said:
I agree. Seems like regular applications are following this pattern. When did your friend write their exam?
My friend's case is exceptionally different than anyone may have. Long story short, he wrote his test long time ago and his oath was prolonged due to some reason. He moved in Saskatoon last year and his oath was scheduled in Mississauga (where he was used to live) in Nov 2014. He then requested CIC to shift his file to Saskatoon and he was told he will be considered soon (which is Mar 2015, although there was one in Jan 2015).

I hope no one would like to be like my friend ;D

smk89

Feb 7, 2013
Just thought to touch base again.

We are from regina had the test in saskatoon on Nov 27.
I called CIC numerous time and has been confirmed at least 5 times and our file has been signed of and issued a grant of citizenship on Jan 18.
waiting for oath.
Last oath was in Dec 12 in Regina. Hopefully, there will be a ceremony in April.

Good Luck

antok

Dec 30, 2014
They actually told you over the phone from the general call Centre that your citizenship was approved?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thun Thda.. Here is what I saw on Ecas today:

We sent you a notice on March 24, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 16, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please

April 16 it is! in SAskatoon

amerzd

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
Thun Thda.. Here is what I saw on Ecas today:

We sent you a notice on March 24, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 16, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please

April 16 it is! in SAskatoon
Congrats! Let's see who else off this thread is receiving the oath ceremony invite !!!

antok

Dec 30, 2014
Congrats! Nothing on my ecas. It is not listed on the upcoming oath ceremonies list on cic website either.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
antok said:
Congrats! Nothing on my ecas. It is not listed on the upcoming oath ceremonies list on cic website either.
thank you amerzd and antok... a friend of mine who took the test on feb 12, 9 am also has the oath on april 16. i wrote the test on feb 12 at 1 pm.

smk89

Feb 7, 2013
Many Congrats.... Sept15

please update us when u get the invitation by Canada post too....

good luck