sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suresure said:
Is it necessary to purchase on line practice?
Is reading the book good enough?

how difficult the test is?
no it is not necessary but little extra preparation... and confidence...

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
smk89 said:
Many congrats simk, sept15, sosure for your upcoming test...
Me and my spouse had test/interview on Nov 27 in saskatoon...
So i thought to give u some insight...
when we had test there were only 2 people other than us were there... I assume all from regina but test was in saskatoon, i assume all of us were RQed.

Test wasn't pretty simple it was a kind of tricky one.....more than I expected. There were around 3-4 true/false questions. I scored 19/20.
After that we waited around 15 min and then called in the room for interview...
Interviewer was very nice lady, She asked for invitation letter, IDs (License+HealthCard), PR card and passports (All).
What important thing she was doing is to Checking each page of passport paper alongside residence calculator from application. Actually checking the absences from that sheet and comparing with passport stamps to verify the authenticity.
She asked questions about employment, life and kids. But no hard questioning at all.
One thing she said while concluding the interview that now i am putting forward your name for oath ceremony. There are ceremonies in the month of Jan in saskatoon. and cermonies in regina will held in march. Where shall i add you in saskatoon or regina. Can you drive.... We said of course we can drive to saskatoon easily...
But guys we never got an invitation for saskatoon :( :( :(
what do you mean that test is not simple and tricky? difficult?

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
20/20, test was super easy. oath 2-3 months told by Interviewer.

14 years and counting said:
Can anybody else who has written the test recently let us know what they thought?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simkr said:
20/20, test was super easy. oath 2-3 months told by Interviewer.
yay, simkr congrats!

Can you share the whole process - like what time you went there, how long you had to wait, interview process, what documents were requested, interview questions... and did you practice any particular website and were the questions similar... any info will be good as a lot of people from this thread will be writing test soon, thanks and congrats again...

gzmask

May 13, 2011
amerzd said:
Hello everyone!

I have also got test/interview for 12th of Feb. I had applied in Nov 2013.

Also thanks to smk89 and others for sharing the experiences.

I have a stupid question but wanted to ask "Is the - Discover Canada enough to prepare and write the test or you would go for other sources?"

Please share if anyone found useful sources other than the book!

Thanks.
Sept 13 app got tested on Jan 29th, and Nov 13 app got tested on Feb 12th.

14 days for them to go through 2 months of apps. If they have been as fast then we would have no wait. But good news overall!

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview was pretty straightforward. i was asked about my job and checked dates (absence) which i put in the original application. at last officer told me he is gonna put forward my file and oath ll be in 2-3 months.
considering 5 ceremonies in jan, i am hoping in 2 months to reach the final step.
Thanks Simkr, how was the interview after, where there any difficult questions? did they inspect your passport to see if you have left the country?

14 years and counting

Sep 22, 2014
Simkr said:
Interview was pretty straightforward. i was asked about my job and checked dates (absence) which i put in the original application. at last officer told me he is gonna put forward my file and oath ll be in 2-3 months.
considering 5 ceremonies in jan, i am hoping in 2 months to reach the final step.
The Test was very easy it took me 2 minutes to complete, and i got 20/20. My interview was ok but they was some inconsitency in my dates by a day. so they will ask for a report from the Canadian home affairs agency(which takes 24hours to complete). I was told to expect invitation in 3-4 months.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Test was very easy it took me 2 minutes to complete, and i got 20/20. My interview was ok but they was some inconsitency in my dates by a day. so they will ask for a report from the Canadian home affairs agency(which takes 24hours to complete). I was told to expect invitation in 3-4 months.
congrats and thanks for sharing your experience so promptly, 14 years.... may i ask what was your best source for the test, is there any test you think we should practice and will pass easily, there are a lot of tests online.... other than reading the book. thanks and congrats again

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats 14 years...
hope we dont need to wait long for oath. i was told 2-3 month waiting time for oath.

14 years and counting

Sep 22, 2014
sept15 said:
congrats and thanks for sharing your experience so promptly, 14 years.... may i ask what was your best source for the test, is there any test you think we should practice and will pass easily, there are a lot of tests online.... other than reading the book. thanks and congrats again

Thanks i just went online and googled citizenship tests. Just keep practicing online all the questions are online, so you will find them there, there are no surprise questions and ll of them are simple and easy, but you have to read and most of all practice online.

14 years and counting

Sep 22, 2014
Simkr said:
congrats 14 years...
hope we dont need to wait long for oath. i was told 2-3 month waiting time for oath.
Thanks Simkr they told me it will likely be sooner than that but they have to give 2-3 months as an official time. I told them i have a trip planned for May and they said i will more than likely have it by then. Please let us know if you get called for an Oath.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there are only 2 days difference in test dates. therefore, it is highly like the same day. not sure how many people they are inviting for oath. is it 40 just like test or more?
Thanks Simkr they told me it will likely be sooner than that but they have to give 2-3 months as an official time. I told them i have a trip planned for May and they said i will more than likely have it by then. Please let us know if you get called for an Oath.