+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Yukaa08 said:
Hello Everyone I just want to share my timeline!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 16, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 30, 2015.
We started processing your application on December 2, 2015.
We sent you a notice on January 4, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 18, 2016 at 12:27 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

It was very fast for my application. Hopefully I will get the oath soon. Has anyone had any troubles about the "decision made" ?
Congratulations wow that is super fast.
Oath will be within one to three months mostly.

Yukaa08

Jan 23, 2016
FAAMS said:
Congratulations wow that is super fast.
Oath will be within one to three months mostly.
Yes it is very fast! Hoping that everything will work out fine and the decision made is me getting the oath letter!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yukaa08 said:
Hello Everyone I just want to share my timeline!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 16, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 30, 2015.
We started processing your application on December 2, 2015.
We sent you a notice on January 4, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 18, 2016 at 12:27 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

It was very fast for my application. Hopefully I will get the oath soon. Has anyone had any troubles about the "decision made" ?
67 days. You should apply for a Guinness World Record =) Congrats

rohitsh9

Nov 15, 2010
Good morning All, I have my citizenship oath in Edmonton on Feb 23, 2016.

I want to enquire about what documents do I need to take with me to oath ceremony (still haven't received the oath letter from CIC)?

2nd, can my wife and kids go with me to the ceremony? Is family allowed in the ceremony room?

Yukaa08

Jan 23, 2016
rohitsh9 said:
Good morning All, I have my citizenship oath in Edmonton on Feb 23, 2016.

I want to enquire about what documents do I need to take with me to oath ceremony (still haven't received the oath letter from CIC)?

2nd, can my wife and kids go with me to the ceremony? Is family allowed in the ceremony room?
Can you share your timeline! :)

Sassy22

Nov 5, 2014
Refugee and citizenship

Can a person who got their permanent residency under refugee return to their home country after they have become Canadian citizen?

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
Re: Refugee and citizenship

Yes you can as a canadian citizen.

Sassy22 said:
Can a person who got their permanent residency under refugee return to their home country after they have become Canadian citizen?

US-PINOY

Oct 7, 2015
Here is my timeline. And by the way mg DM is Jan. 09, 2016.
Good luck to all of you!

Citizenship
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 21, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 14, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on August 18, 2015.
4.We sent you a notice on September 28, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 13, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5.We sent you a letter on October 26, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
6.We sent you a notice on March 7, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 22, 2016 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Yukaa08

Jan 23, 2016
Update on my timeline.

Here is my timeline.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 16, 2015.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 30, 2015.

3. We started processing your application on December 2, 2015.

4. We sent you a notice on March 9, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 31, 2016 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
US-PINOY said:
Here is my timeline. And by the way mg DM is Jan. 09, 2016.
Good luck to all of you!

Citizenship
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 21, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 14, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on August 18, 2015.
4.We sent you a notice on September 28, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 13, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5.We sent you a letter on October 26, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
6.We sent you a notice on March 7, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 22, 2016 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Are you still in Canada or left for US

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Re: Refugee and citizenship

Sassy22 said:
Can a person who got their permanent residency under refugee return to their home country after they have become a Canadian citizen?
As per current rule - yes you can go back to visit after U are a Canadian citizen.
But who knows if Conservative return in future and they can again start stripping citizenship,
so we say do not go back to your home country - if you Claim refugee status in Canada on grounds that you were not safe in your country.