+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

SMMH

Oct 22, 2015
Andrew,

This is getting frustrating. No change in my ecas after my Oct 22 test. My application has been delayed at every stage since my March application. I find it extremely unfair when I see others going through this process with ease. Im happy for them but at the same time very envious. Still waiting for DM and oath date.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SMMH

I am from the oil industry. Did my tests in August. No DM. Lost and overseas opportunity due to this delay. And I am jobless run out of EI. So relax. Its like swimming against the tide. Cross fingers and hope for the best. Hope my file hasn't fallen of the CO;s desk and hidden away. After test they say you should get a response within 6 months. My six months are up on Feb 28.
SMMH said:
Andrew,

This is getting frustrating. No change in my ecas after my Oct 22 test. My application has been delayed at every stage since my March application. I find it extremely unfair when I see others going through this process with ease. Im happy for them but at the same time very envious. Still waiting for DM and oath date.

SMMH

Oct 22, 2015
Andrew,

I checked my ecas today and it has changed to Decision Made. No ceremony date mentioned though and no mail received. I hope this is a good thing and that I get ceremony notification soon.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats bro! Very Happy for you! Well you are almost done. What a relief eh?
SMMH said:
Andrew,

I checked my ecas today and it has changed to Decision Made. No ceremony date mentioned though and no mail received. I hope this is a good thing and that I get ceremony notification soon.

SMMH

Oct 22, 2015
Thanks Andrew. I hope its the good type of Decision Made rather than sorry you've been rejected for citizenship. I called CIC and the lady said there is no update and DM doesn't mean you have an oath ceremony. Continue checking online for a ceremony date. So we are still hanging in the abyss.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which is a good document translation centre in South East Edmonton or anywhere in Edmonton. Might be I will get a translation letter notice from CIC. over 2 months sent the docs requested by CIC and no response yet. No news is good news but fingers crossed. This is dragging is mental torture.

oilsand

Star Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2012
Andrew,

Are you looking for Arabic Translation?

oilsand

Star Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2012
andrew7007 said:
Yes I am looking for Arabic Translation.
I got my passport translated by these office:

Canadian Arab Friendship Assn
Address: 9228 144 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5E 6A9
Phone:(780) 473-7214

I've search online and these one was recommended by one member, they will give an affidavit with the stamp as required by CIC.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot bud. Appreciate your help. Hope I don't get a request for translation.
oilsand said:

I've search online and these one was recommended by one member, they will give an affidavit with the stamp as required by CIC.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
oilsand said:

Yes andrew i have tried them did a lot of translation with them and they are certified translation office.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks FAAMS. Do you know how much they charge? approximately.
FAAMS said:
Yes andrew i have tried them did a lot of translation with them and they are certified translation office.

Yukaa08

Jan 23, 2016
Hello Everyone I just want to share my timeline!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 16, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 30, 2015.
We started processing your application on December 2, 2015.
We sent you a notice on January 4, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 18, 2016 at 12:27 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

It was very fast for my application. Hopefully I will get the oath soon. Has anyone had any troubles about the "decision made" ?

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
andrew7007 said:
Thanks FAAMS. Do you know how much they charge? approximately.
They charge per page, they charged us in all $150 for our 4 passports but we didn't have a lot of stamps and it takes them like 5 business days to be done with the translations.
Good luck andrew wish you all the best.