Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2012
andrew7007 said:
Called up CIC and the lady said if you are requested for additional info then your application becomes non routine and might take longer. So am in limbo. Anybody here who was rq'd and got an oath invite? Requested ATIP as well. Fingers crossed. Hoping for a miracle.

Your ahead of me by 2 weeks based on the test date, I was requested a translation of an old passport and submitted within a week. I was told by the interviewer that oath invite will be between 2-4 mos, based on this I'm still 1 month short of the max time.

I have a neighbor who took her test a month after me (no addtl doc request) and is scheduled for oath this coming 15th.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Were you specifically requested for translation of passport pages? The CO had no problems reading my passport pages as they were in English too. They requested me to send ROE, NOA and copies of one of my passports that I hadn't sent earlier due to communication misunderstanding from the CO. The speed post I sent was received by them on Nov 16. Are you from oil industry? I am laid off and have a job offer in the middle east which CIC wont consider.
oilsand said:
Your ahead of me by 2 weeks based on the test date, I was requested a translation of an old passport and submitted within a week. I was told by the interviewer that oath invite will be between 2-4 mos, based on this I'm still 1 month short of the max time.

I have a neighbor who took her test a month after me (no addtl doc request) and is scheduled for oath this coming 15th.

oilsand

Star Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2012
andrew7007 said:
Were you specifically requested for translation of passport pages? The CO had no problems reading my passport pages as they were in English too. They requested me to send ROE, NOA and copies of one of my passports that I hadn't sent earlier due to communication misunderstanding from the CO. The speed post I sent was received by them on Nov 16. Are you from oil industry? I am laid off and have a job offer in the middle east which CIC wont consider.
It was a last minute decision from the interviewer even though I pointed out the stamp was beyond the 4 years applicable to my application. But since it was in the same old passport she still went ahead with the request but pointed out that it was required. I asked would this request have any significant impact on my oath taking timeline, she replied that they will sent the oath taking invite with 2-4 mos.

I'm in the industry that feeds oil sector and been with the current company since arriving straight from my old job (which was in the oil industry) in the Middle East.

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
No additional docs needed, case status still "In process",call them 4 times, keep saying everything is in order :eek:
andrew7007 said:
Were you requested for additional docs? Did you call CIC and if yes what did they say? Did you get a DM?

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had innumerable stamps on my 3 passports and the CO requested for color copies not translated ones of the first 2 passports. After I sent those, I got a letter requesting me to send the additional docs and color copy of the last passport. So now cooling heels till oath letter or what ever.
oilsand said:
It was a last minute decision from the interviewer even though I pointed out the stamp was beyond the 4 years applicable to my application. But since it was in the same old passport she still went ahead with the request but pointed out that it was required. I asked would this request have any significant impact on my oath taking timeline, she replied that they will sent the oath taking invite with 2-4 mos.

I'm in the industry that feeds oil sector and been with the current company since arriving straight from my old job (which was in the oil industry) in the Middle East.

SMMH

Oct 22, 2015
Hi everyone. I wrote my test Oct 22nd. Its been around 2 months and I haven't received any update in mail or online. Neither has my status changed from In Process (to Decision Made). I have not been asked for any additional documents. My test went well and my interview was smooth. I was asked to wait 2-4 months for oath and that they will be doing a final review of my case before inviting me for an oath.

Andrew, did your wife get an oath invite? Her case seems to say Decision Made for a while. I read somewhere that 2-4 months wait starts after you get Decision Made, if that's true then that would suck for you and I.

oilsand

Star Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2012
andrew7007 said:
I had innumerable stamps on my 3 passports and the CO requested for color copies not translated ones of the first 2 passports. After I sent those, I got a letter requesting me to send the additional docs and color copy of the last passport. So now cooling heels till oath letter or what ever.
I guess there's no other option but to wait, I opted not to call the CIC Call Center knowing I will just get a generic reply or even request an ATIP. I would take it as CIC being generous if ever I received an oath invite before the end of this year.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SMMH no my wife did not get an oath invite yet. Since its a family application, I guess CIC will give us joint invites. One of my friends got a joint invite after the husband was cleared too.
SMMH said:
Hi everyone. I wrote my test Oct 22nd. Its been around 2 months and I haven't received any update in mail or online. Neither has my status changed from In Process (to Decision Made). I have not been asked for any additional documents. My test went well and my interview was smooth. I was asked to wait 2-4 months for oath and that they will be doing a final review of my case before inviting me for an oath.

Andrew, did your wife get an oath invite? Her case seems to say Decision Made for a while. I read somewhere that 2-4 months wait starts after you get Decision Made, if that's true then that would suck for you and I.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right oilsand better to cool our heals and wait for any outcome. No point calling CIC. My eCas last line is still the test invite. No mention of additional info required after test which they did through letters and I promptly provided. So don't forget to check the post at least twice a week.
oilsand said:
I guess there's no other option but to wait, I opted not to call the CIC Call Center knowing I will just get a generic reply or even request an ATIP. I would take it as CIC being generous if ever I received an oath invite before the end of this year.

petroski

Dec 3, 2015
andrew7007 - after the test, how long it did take to CIC for ask you additional documents?
this is my 3rd week after test and haven't received anything physically or electronically.
Cheers!

andrew7007 said:
Right oilsand better to cool our heals and wait for any outcome. No point calling CIC. My eCas last line is still the test invite. No mention of additional info required after test which they did through letters and I promptly provided. So don't forget to check the post at least twice a week.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it was slightly over a month after the test.
petroski said:
andrew7007 - after the test, how long it did take to CIC for ask you additional documents?
this is my 3rd week after test and haven't received anything physically or electronically.
Cheers!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
oilsand said:
Yeah there is no point of calling them and/or requesting ATIP. You are well within the timeline of 12 months and that's what they will say anyway. Though, it seems like they are moving a bit faster now which is good for future....Good Luck!

Reactions: dude123

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A question guys. The CO who interviewed me, will he be the same to handle my file from that point onwards? He had promised me oath within 2-4 months. Will be 4 months on Dec 31 and no DM and no oath. Replied to rq with docs on Nov 13.