+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Edmonton 88 said:
Don't worry it is so easy , but you should real the book and practice test online ... Try to finish the test fast to get your result fast from the CIC agent who Gonna also ask you some questions ... So that's ig :) good luck
thank you so much. I feel better now.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
btw after the test if i passed, can i leave canada for like a week vacation? or do i have to stay and wait for the oath ceremony?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
pongpong said:
btw after the test if i passed, can i leave canada for like a week vacation? or do i have to stay and wait for the oath ceremony?
You can go whereever you want, as long as you have a valid PR card to re-enter Canada. Just don't miss your oath ceremony otherwise it will have to be re-scheduled. Normally when they send you an oath letter, there is a 2-3 weeks waiting time between letter sent to the oath date...

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
abdul560 said:
same here test on july 15 and still waiting for oath
so buzz123 all you gotta do is sit tight and wait ;)
edm_AS said:
I am also following you guys,
applied Nov 2014, test July 15 2015, waiting for oath
Wife applied in Dec 2014, test was Aug 7th now waiting for oath. Still shows 'in process' online..

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Wife applied in Dec 2014, test was Aug 7th now waiting for oath. Still shows 'in process' online..
It seems like a decision has not been taken yet since It's showing In Process. There is a likelihood that her file needs attention from a Decision Maker Officer before they send an oath letter. Anyway I wish her good luck.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Eagle333 said:
It seems like a decision has not been taken yet since It's showing In Process. There is a likelihood that her file needs attention from a Decision Maker Officer before they send an oath letter. Anyway I wish her good luck.
You are correct! :)

It is under verification process from CBSA for few of her entries into Canada from US. No stamps on the passport, they only scanned her PR card upon arrival.

ABscientist

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Well, just took the oath and am now a proud Canadian! :)

I was talking to other applicants and there were many who applied on 2013-2014, so I wasnt the only one there from that time period. CIC wants to clear the backlog so they are working hard (9 ceremonies this week, about 100 applicants in each!!). I will check this thread every now and then and am looking forward to seeing a lot more people taking the oath and becoming proud citizens in the coming months!

Hakunamatata

Jul 20, 2015
ABscientist said:

I was talking to other applicants and there were many who applied on 2013-2014, so I wasnt the only one there from that time period. CIC wants to clear the backlog so they are working hard (9 ceremonies this week, about 100 applicants in each!!). I will check this thread every now and then and am looking forward to seeing a lot more people taking the oath and becoming proud citizens in the coming months!
Congratulations to you too
Finally Canadian
I was there too, my oath was at 12..
Wish you the very best for the future

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ABscientist said:

Hakunamatata said:
Congratulations to you too
Finally Canadian
I was there too, my oath was at 12..
Wish you the very best for the future
Congrats to both of you! My cousin also had the oath this morning...

Edmonton 88

Aug 12, 2015
Hi everyone .... Guys can you Plz post ur timeline from test and decision made and the oath too , it will be helpful to know the average in Edmonton to get the letter for ceremony day . Thanks a a lot and conagradulations to everyone is Canadian now :) and good luck for who are waiting :)

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rishka said:
Is any October applicants who is still waiting for the test invitation here?
Rishaka what is your timeline? I know you're an October applicant and it will nice if you post your timeline then some people will feel free to answer your question. I am an October 2014 applicant too. Check my timeline underneath.

buzz123

Mar 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seems like the Edmonton office has slowed down again. No updates for people who took the test in late July.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
wes786 said:
You can go whereever you want, as long as you have a valid PR card to re-enter Canada. Just don't miss your oath ceremony otherwise it will have to be re-scheduled. Normally when they send you an oath letter, there is a 2-3 weeks waiting time between letter sent to the oath date...
Thank u. By the way, for the interview after the test, do i have to bring my residence calculator? Or do they have a copy of it? As what i remember i sent it all with my application and i didn't make a copy for myself.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
I took the citizenship oath and my 17 months journey is finally over:) This forum had been very helpful.

Good Luck to everyone