+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

DAX9890

Jul 13, 2015
Hello

I dont understand these system, why once we pass the test after they just told us to wait 3 months for decision. when we apply they have 1 year to check all our documents if they not satisfied they should ask interview or more papre and then they should call us on test

once we pass test, there should be only oath no decision...now damn I pass test but still matter is undecided...what to say about these system?

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
I expected to be much more difficult, I found extra easy.
I did nothing else before the test just read thru the whole booklet 5 times.

abdul560 said:
congratulations bro
could you pld give some feedback about test questions ? difficult or easy ? was it what you have expected ?
thanks in advance

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Just checked my e-cas and is not updated at all, still showing they received my application and started processing my case........ :eek:

MrOptomist

Star Member
Apr 24, 2008
abdul560 said:
any feedback about your test experience and interview ?

My wife wrote her exam yesterday. She got one question wrong but that was only because she didn't understand the question correctly.
Anyway, she had the interview which went fine except that they kept questioning her why I took 6 months leave 2yrs ago to visit my parents back home while I still managed to keep my job. How did I support the family since she doesn't work etc. Seemed like a moot question considering that there is something called savings in the bank not to mention that I was still getting paid, although not full salary . Anyway, they told her she will hear back for the oath within 2-4 months if they don't need additional documents.

So the interview, in my opinion is based on your travel history and overall profile. Their goal is to ensure that the case is genuine and the claims made in the application are true.

With regards to the test, my wife noted that there are 10 chapters in the book and except for one chapter, she had 2 questions from each chapter. No dates were tested so I wouldn't worry about them too much but do know some of the major dates like founding of Canada etc.

Hope this helps!

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrOptomist said:
My wife wrote her exam yesterday. She got one question wrong but that was only because she didn't understand the question correctly.
Anyway, she had the interview which went fine except that they kept questioning her why I took 6 months leave 2yrs ago to visit my parents back home while I still managed to keep my job. How did I support the family since she doesn't work etc. Seemed like a moot question considering that there is something called savings in the bank not to mention that I was still getting paid, although not full salary . Anyway, they told her she will hear back for the oath within 2-4 months if they don't need additional documents.

thank you so much , your feedback was of a great comfort :) since i am having test tomorrow .
i really appreciate your response ,thanks a lot again
So the interview, in my opinion is based on your travel history and overall profile. Their goal is to ensure that the case is genuine and the claims made in the application are true.

With regards to the test, my wife noted that there are 10 chapters in the book and except for one chapter, she had 2 questions from each chapter. No dates were tested so I wouldn't worry about them too much but do know some of the major dates like founding of Canada etc.

Hope this helps!

thanks a lot

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007
MrOptomist said:

Hope this helps!
I am having the same problem. They are questioning my trip to Orlando for 3 weeks while I didnt have a job. I said the same thing... What about paying with savings? What if my dad paid for it??

I will be going to my MP today because I wont hear from CIC in another year and a half if I just sit down and wait.

MrOptomist

Star Member
Apr 24, 2008
josemulino said:
I am having the same problem. They are questioning my trip to Orlando for 3 weeks while I didnt have a job. I said the same thing... What about paying with savings? What if my dad paid for it??

I will be going to my MP today because I wont hear from CIC in another year and a half if I just sit down and wait.
My 2 cents is if you can show that your dad paid or you had some savings that you used, I can't see why that would not satisfy the officer. 2nd thought - is it really how you afforded the trip that's in question or they suspect that you were there longer than what you claim in which case, boarding passes, hotel receipts can come in handy as evidence.

I kept all original boarding passes of all our travel and my wife also took them with her in her interview this week.

Hope this helps!

Apr 23, 2015
MrOptomist said:
My 2 cents is if you can show that your dad paid or you had some savings that you used, I can't see why that would not satisfy the officer. 2nd thought - is it really how you afforded the trip that's in question or they suspect that you were there longer than what you claim in which case, boarding passes, hotel receipts can come in handy as evidence.

I kept all original boarding passes of all our travel and my wife also took them with her in her interview this week.

Hope this helps!

All these questions are so irrelevant.

They are used to drag a process that should take normal times and clog up the system.

Think about it - Canada is deemed to be a free country, which means a person can go anywhere and do whatever he wants with his life as long as he wishes to. The government business (CIC) is to check your actual physical presence in Canada by means of entry and exits at the border. The rest is none of their business.

If u fulfilled the main deal which is 1095 days in the last 4 years, then you did your part. These BS questions they ask are either meaningless (because they carry no legal effects) either are meant for some other agenda.

Question for the devil: what do you guys think about moving a case from Edmonton, to ... lets say Toronto or Vancouver, so one doesnt have to wait "100 years" for a case to be processed?

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
whitneywhiteman said:
All these questions are so irrelevant.

They are used to drag a process that should take normal times and clog up the system.

Think about it - Canada is deemed to be a free country, which means a person can go anywhere and do whatever he wants with his life as long as he wishes to. The government business (CIC) is to check your actual physical presence in Canada by means of entry and exits at the border. The rest is none of their business.

If u fulfilled the main deal which is 1095 days in the last 4 years, then you did your part. These BS questions they ask are either meaningless (because they carry no legal effects) either are meant for some other agenda.

Question for the devil: what do you guys think about moving a case from Edmonton, to ... lets say Toronto or Vancouver, so one doesnt have to wait "100 years" for a case to be processed?
Eh, remember we know our files and situations far better than the COs do. It's no different from a cop answering a call and asking a few different questions from a few different angles. You take a few whacks at a pinata and see what falls out. If nothing, no big deal. I agree with your point about the number of days being the real statutory point, but at the same time, citizenship is more than just getting a library card. It's natural that they would ask about things that look at your actual degree of 'life' in Canada.

Apr 23, 2015
on-hold said:
Eh, remember we know our files and situations far better than the COs do. It's no different from a cop answering a call and asking a few different questions from a few different angles. You take a few whacks at a pinata and see what falls out. If nothing, no big deal. I agree with your point about the number of days being the real statutory point, but at the same time, citizenship is more than just getting a library card. It's natural that they would ask about things that look at your actual degree of 'life' in Canada.
yeah... see? what is "your actual degree of 'life' in Canada" supposed to mean?

a very blurry argument that gives no precise consequence.

Lets say I need to find myself and I flew to live in Tibet for 2 years, or maybe fell in love with someone in Italy and decided to stay with that person for a year, or decided to travel the world... whatever...

Can any officer refuse u citizenship because in his opinion one is not "loyal enough" to Canada?

If the law acts solely on a technical level, as in "stay 1095 days and dont be a terrorist then u get to have a citizenship", then its one thing. But if it gives a random guy in a uniform power over someone on a subjective emotional level, as in "i dont like this guy, he spends too much time outside Canada", then its a total different ball game.

The pinata questions should be solely pointed at the physical residence and the technical side of one's application.

edm_AS

Apr 23, 2015
Saima_Tech said:
Test was on 26th June scored 19/20 reading the book is the most important thing nothing else helped.

Interview: I have a lot of entry's into canada from day trips from Seattle (no stamps) they asked to provide colored copies of all passports (current /expired) and all supporting documents. Did anyone else had similar situation how long did it take for the oath? Also, will this make my case non routine? Please suggest.

Good luck to all of you in this journey!
Hi, I have the same case like yours, had my test yesterday. Did you get oath invitation yet?

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
My case is similar to yours, lot of travels, passed the test ..........everything went well, asked me tons of questions, the officer was extremely nice but at the end not even a world about the Oath invitation, she made a lot of notes for herself about what I answered .............
edm_AS said:
Hi, I have the same case like yours, had my test yesterday. Did you get oath invitation yet?

edm_AS

Apr 23, 2015
Candoes said:
My case is similar to yours, lot of travels, passed the test ..........everything went well, asked me tons of questions, the officer was extremely nice but at the end not even a world about the Oath invitation, she made a lot of notes for herself about what I answered .............
He told us if they need anything they will send a letter in 2 weeks, otherwise we should wait for the oath.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
My test is on July 20. Here is my situation: I did my studies in US and after finishing studies i worked in US for 6 years before I moved to Canada. I landed in Canada on June of 2010 and then went back to US the next day to resume work and then returned to Canada with a job offer in December 2010. So will that trigger any issues in interview that I did not stay here after landing? Is there anyone who have similar situation or have any idea based on what's being asked during interview if this can potentially be an issue?

BTW, one of my friend had his test yesterday and his interview lasted only for 15 minutes and he was told he will get the oath invitation within 6 to 8 weeks. His case is pretty straightforward though, he came to Canada and stayed here since the day he landed and never travelled.

edm_AS

Apr 23, 2015
Hi,

I had my test on July 15th. Everything went fine except one entry/exit to USA for a day trip was missing on my file. I did not put it as I had the re-entry stamp but there was no exit stamp on my passport for that particular date. The officer raised the issue and finally noted the re-entry date on my file and said if they need anything they will send a letter, otherwise if we don't receive anything for 2 weeks oath letter will come. I have 60 extra days before I applied for citizenship. I am thinking to get the entry/exits records beforehand to save time in case they ask for it. But Canada border will give only entry dates which I already have. Should I apply from USA border for USA entry dates? pLEASE HELP. Will it make my application non-routine??